swayzesghost

Ladders: The true scourge of DayZ

To climb a ladder without fear:

- If you have a primary weapon' date=' get it out, then lower it by pressing CTRL twice.

- If you do NOT have a primary weapon (ie. only a pistol), drop your secondary on the ground before climbing.

I've never had a problem using this method.

The issue is that when you get to the top and exit the 'climbing' animation, your gun hits the edge of the top of the ladder, and pushes you back off. Hence, you need to have a lowered weapon. Unfortunately, pistols can't be lowered, so you need to drop them on the ground. And, yes, this is an issue stemming from Arma2, not DayZ.

[/quote']

Really wish I had found this topic when I searched for it.

Need to try this method the next time I lose my stuff :)

I've only ever had problems with deer stands. Never climb into deer stands, it's not worth it.

I broke my legs from opening a door.

My buddy flew out through the wall of a small room in a forest house, to the other side of the house (not the one with the door, but the back) when I closed the door. Broke his legs and started bleeding. Needed morphine, too.

My other buddy had his bones spontaneously evacuate his body when we were running towards a small village. It was a flat road. He needed morphine and bandages, too.

Oh ArmA 2 and your sweet bugs.

I hope better from ArmA 3. I think they fixed most of these bugs.

I atleast hope so.

When a chopper spawns on the hospital roof of Chernogorsk, DON'T use the long ladder that takes you up on one go to get up on the roof. The chopper blocks this ladder and you will get pushed off when you reach the top.

There was a veritable graveyard there on one server after a chopper spawned there...

Oh ArmA 2 and your sweet bugs.

I hope better from ArmA 3. I think they fixed most of these bugs.

I atleast hope so.

In Operations Flashpoint 1 you could even shoot yourself in the knee while running......:)

A group of us were once running up black mountain on the way to the next town when I hit the floor with 1000 blood left, broken legs and bleeding. As if I were hit by a DMR.

However none of us heard a shot and no one followed up with a kill shot.

I just suddenly fell apart it seems XD

Lucky my team mates had bandages, morphine and blood bags!

I have never fell off a ladder and I've climbed hundreds of them. My secret, hold Left Shift (walk) all the way up or down the ladder and you can do whatever the hell else you want.

Thank me later.

I'll try it. OMG I so dont wanna play this mod anymore... I know its not the dayz maker fault but shit, I had all the best weapons, gear and I fucking died from falling the ladder !

The ladder bug is long fixed ROFL, just don't climb while someone else is on it.