Sign in to follow this  
ciphra

Maps 'nd Shit

hi guys,

got another question, I tried to find some sort of legends for the In-game dayz map. because sometimes I can see my own position (marked blue), sometimes I see other players marked on it (blue or orange), and sometimes my notes disappear.. maybe someone can help me with this?

thankyou

Recruit servers have the rather rubbish feature of showing you on the map as well as other surviviors until it gets removed.

Most servers will not show you where you are on the map.

If you double click and get a cross in a circle, then that is a public map marker and anyone who picks up a map after will see your mark.

If you shift and left click you set a waypoint only you can see.

So, no markers unless you want everyone to know. Use the waypoins, easiest way by far.

ah.. thankyou, I have another question for you, ppl always tend to have the tag survivor when in crosshairs, but I met some pll who have other names right there. You know what it mean? and you also might know why some ppl are marked blue, and others orange on the map?

Orange dots on the map are most likely zombies; if you hover over them it usually says "man" or something like that. There is a server setting for name tags that display players' names.