Sign in to follow this  
Durango_Dave

Release suggestion (best one)

I would reccomend making a unique new map that will not be released to anyone until the stand alone game is released. That way for all players the game will be a brand new experience, make for a much more interesting time exploring and looting, as well as keep cherno/elektro/berezhino from being a death match zone on day 1. That is all I have to preach but I think it is a good idea

• Like 1

I would reccomend making a unique new map that will not be released to anyone

Im sorry. WHAT?

I would reccomend making a unique new map that will not be released to anyone until the stand alone game is released.

do the whole quote, no public test of the map until the game is released

do the whole quote, no public test of the map until the game is released

So... you want them to make an entirely new map just for DayZ? Sure... You know, cuz if it was that quick/easy/cheap they'd be doing just that. Lmao.

Making a map like the one they have now would probably take a few months to do. Then they would have to port everything from the old map to the new map, then the bugs....my god the bugs...Then by the time they get the first few patches out. The standalone will come out xD

They just made a new map unless a third party made that lingor island map?

DayZ team doesn't support the use of lingor island. It's a third party map that brings in false bug reports...

Chernarus doesn't work for DayZ.. It was never intended to accommodate a loot system, which is just the beginning of it's flaws when it comes to a game like DayZ.

Map making is actually relatively easy for someone who knows how. I went to like 4 of my 3D modelling classes and even I could make a shitty map.

Edit: Forgot to mention; Rocket has stated that if this goes standalone, it will have it's own map, but if not it's still something he will try and consider. Once the coding is finished, it would take little more than an hour to port into a new map.

Dave, I made my own suggestion on how I think the map could be structured.

I think it should be an island, making it harder to find north (at least for the first few hours).

I'd like to see a big city (3 times the size of Chern and Elektro put together) in the middle, that is absolutely crawling with zombies, to the point where moving through it without silenced/melee weapons is certain death.

At the middle is the most rewarding military base, but power tools are required to get in. The noise would aggro zombies and alert players, increasing the tension, the adrenaline, and the sense of reward.

if you wanna check the full thread you can see it here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/46485-how-to-encourage-pvp-in-a-healthy-way/

ps. why does everyone on this forum try and shut down legitimate suggestions? this is a very reasonable idea which makes perfect sense. you're not funny or badass.. you're just a cunt, and if you spoke to me like that at the pub i would end up getting kicked out.. but you would be broken.

Edited by Haplo
  • Like 1

ps. why does everyone on this forum try and shut down legitimate suggestions? this is a very reasonable idea which makes perfect sense. you're not funny or badass.. you're just a cunt, and if you spoke to me like that at the pub i would end up getting kicked out.. but you would be broken.

It mostly that a new map in this stage would cause a huge inflow of new bug reports.

Ik actually would like to see a new map/world eventually and it probably will have one.

But at the moment I like the feeling of Chernarus. The fact that it was designed for ArmaII and not a Dead Island like scenario makes it feel more "realistic" in a way. Like a real world where things got f*cked up

It mostly that a new map in this stage would cause a huge inflow of new bug reports.

at this stage? didn't the OP state that this should be implemented when "the standalone game is released"?

of course, the bugs would have been killed and the map close tested at that point

Edited by Haplo