Ahniolator

Fix for Graphics Glitches in 1.7.2.4

Hello everyone,

I've currently found a fix for the graphics glitches (artifacting) that players are currently having. Essentially, it's a partial rollback of DayZ to 1.7.2.3, but still includes all necessary files to run as 1.7.2.4 without any issues. Installation instructions are included in the .zip file, and PLEASE don't just copy and paste the directories from the text files... Not all computer installations are the same.

To the devs: If this is a violation of a rule or otherwise that I am not aware of, feel free to delete this topic and send me a pm. I'm not trying to do anything malicious with the DayZ code or break the rules in any way, I'm just trying to help create a temporary fix for this issue until the new patch comes out.

Download link: Moderator Notice: Redacted until verification.

Update: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/63066-fix-for-graphics-glitches-in-1724/page__st__20#entry626223

Edited by Ahniolator
  • Like 8

Inb4 everyone on forum banned by battleye :D

Just kidding..probably, like SystemiK said..if this works..you da man.

If this works, you are going to be one hell of a popular guy......

Well, it works for me and everyone else in my squad (10 people atm), so it should.

If this works, you are going to be one hell of a popular guy......

Likely to work since the problem is that textures do not properly load for military models and fill up your vram quickly.

I have a 2gb card so I can go over military bases but cherno... different story

Your link has been redact, please contact either DayZ Staff or Community Support about this before posting the link again. As anyone can just slap a .zip onto the forums and claim it as a fix.

Surely you understand.

Your link has been redact, please contact either DayZ Staff or Community Support about this before posting the link again. As anyone can just slap a .zip onto the forums and claim it as a fix.

Surely you understand.

I do. Sent you a pm, waiting on reply.

Edit: Waiting on reply from DayZ Staff members. If approved I will re-post the link.

Edited by Ahniolator

Can we please get an update on this? I'm in Cherno right now and the game is almost unplayable with the artifacting.

I find it slightly amusing how the community has to fix things that should have been fixed by the developers day1 when it was reported..

Anyway i also did this a few days back already and it works. Someone also found it on this forum so i didnt bother posting it.

Edited by Vipala
  • Like 1

Hi can you at least PM me the link for the file? I can't see anything where I'm at in the map and I don't want to lose my progress. Thanks!

Edited by hollyw00d

Im with hollywOOd.

Ahniolator, could you please PM me a link too? I would very much appreciate this since I haven't played DayZ for a while after getting fed up with the bug. Thanks.

Edited by Jony_RocketInMyPocket

It's hard to do anything but fearlog when you're in an airfield with gunshots ringing out from who-knows-where and a 180 degree arc of your vision looks like your screen getting shattered from the inside. Want...

Wasn't this method working;

Change full screen to windowed

Change windowed to full screen

Deactivate and reactive AA

I did it a couple of times and it worked.

Currently we use anim v0.5 files, to fix the artifacts you just replace them with the anim v0.3 files. Most people will tell you to roll back to 1.7.2.3 anim files, but those are actually anim v0.4 and that file works as well as shift - flush does. I've been using the v0.3 anim files for about 11-12 days now and i have never had an artifact since. I would link you guys the file but.... as the admin just stated, gotta hit them up first.

Edited by midfive

Currently we use anim v0.5 files, to fix the artifacts you just replace them with the anim v0.3 files. Most people will tell you to roll back to 1.7.2.3 anim files, but those are actually anim v0.4 and that file works as well as shift - flush does. I've been using the v0.3 anim files for about 11-12 days now and i have never had an artifact since. I would link you guys the file but.... as the admin just stated, gotta hit them up first.

Thats strange i just tried that and i did not work for me. It seems like i have tried all/most of the fixes i've seen on the forums, but none just dont seem to work for me.

Please, send me a link to download v0.3 files in PM :o

If anyone needs anim v0.3 files, google is your friend: http://lmgtfy.com/?q...z_anim_v0.3.rar (dayz_anim_v0.3.rar)

See this later post instead for better source:

the link to the old animation files is right on the site. lazy nubs. :) instead of "latest", you write in "old" and you get to the repository for older dayz versions.

http://us2.dayz.nu/old/

http://uk1.dayz.nu/old/

http://se1.dayz.nu/old/

Edited by eddebaby

If anyone needs anim v0.3 files, google is your friend: http://lmgtfy.com/?q...z_anim_v0.3.rar (dayz_anim_v0.3.rar)

I used the first link that popped in google and when I logged in I was invisible and I could see the the distance to the other survivors that were playing (not like seeing the range where aiming at them, but indicators of where they were, didn't matter where I looked).

Wtf man seriously, thanks god I made a backup