Sign in to follow this  
harley001

DO NOT GO TO AIRFEILD UNPREPARED!

I have a small server where I go to salvage different things from the most northern parts of the game (typically where people hide their treasures). I've never even encountered a person at the airfield and I've been there 4 times already on separate days. But I have encountered atleast 1 person in stary sobor on the way up there. One guy in the tents my friend got killed and wasn't expecting me to be there so I popped him in the head :) But yeah no one ever at airfield.

I've been lucky with graphics. I played around with some settings and I see fine.

As this is the bandit forum I feel safe admitting that I am one of many who camps with a sniper rifle there. My friends and I have a pretty good system in place. Sometimes, I'll camp it alone, snipe someone, and a friend will drive in real quick, loot the body, and leave. Other times, we've had about 3 people cover the field from different angles at distances far enough to avoid zombie spawning. We'll rack up a few murders, then make a quick sweep real quick before getting out. Last night we got a nice new M249. Well...new for us. :)

I've gone there about half a dozen times on full pop servers and only seen 2 other people who weren't with me.

My approach to Stary Tents & NWAF:

In general, I avoid going there.

I'd rather spend the time looking for crash sites (particularly if the server restarted recently) and the edge of the map looking for tents.

You'll find much better gear and vehicles in camps but it does take time and patience.

But if I go to loot I follow this approach:

a ) Go on a moonlit night: so much easier to avoid avoid zombies. If completely dark, use RED chem-lights.

b ) Bring a tent & set it up some place out of the way and well hidden about 500-1000m away from those locations

c ) put all the stuff you are not willing to lose into the tent. Usually I just keep my handgun, bandages, 1 food/water, morphine.

d ) Move within 200m and spend a few min scoping for other players. Check the player list.

e ) If you see a player, kill him if possible. Otherwise, move as fast as possible through your objectives keeping best cover in mind.

The vast majority of times I have died at the airfield has been inside the barracks because i took too long.

f ) leave as fast as possible to the woods, make sure you are not followed, go back to the tent.

Edited by Rollonio

Bandits at the airfields

Halt the presses! This is exciting news!

I've only encountered someone once at the Nw airfield. I've been there plenty of times and never really find anyone.

Correction would be Starry Sobor.

The NWAF/Cherno/Elektro are some of the best and easiest places for loot.

Everyone is scared because of the thought of all the snipers, etc. so everyone ends up avoiding those locations.

Starry Sobor is just full of wanna-be bandits who love getting axed questions.

Airfields have been bad joojoo period. A hacker teleported to a party of 6 including myself and took out 5 save the guy who aborted which i still view as highly suspicious despite his claims of non-affiliation. The belota airfield is typically empty or littered with useless garbage. I take my chances sprinting or sneaking into a major city before considering any airfield.

Been searching for NVG's at the airfield for the past week (having epic bad luck, after about 60 visits and 9 murders of other looters and still no NVG's) and have been smart enough to go into low population servers. You are correct though, if there is more than five people on the server odds are at least one is at the NWAF. I entered a server with two people, ran up to the south barracks and found one of them in the barracks looting and killed them which brought the other person to my position which resulted in an awesome gun fight that left me with 922 blood. Saw a clan with two Urals, two ATV's, and a UAZ roll through with about 9 people (was definitely smart enough to let them pass as I was solo). I know some of the sniping spots around the airfield and have two sniper murders from checking them before going onto the airfield but I know if I keep this up I will be dead fairly soon.

Tip for those of you who want to loot, do not run onto the actual airfield, it will be your death. It is never safe but approaching the barracks from the forests will greatly increase your odds of survival. Also stop server hoping right into the Barracks, three of my murders were from people hopping on right in front of me.

He is basically saying he was opely exploiting as he describes it as server hopping and admitting to it.

Basically, you CAN spawn inside a building at it will have loot.

BUT.. Someone would have had to been there within the last 15minutes without logging out.

Nice job on admitting the exploiting :)

I server hoped when I first started and did the exact same thing and I would bet my first born that at some point you have as well. I stopped when I got really into the game and decided I would not be part of the problem, but I do not get all high and mighty about other people doing something most of us have done before. Plus I still server hop in a sense, I will go about 400 meters away from the target and then jump to another server for loot, how else am I going to complete all of these high level loot runs? It really is only cheap when people ghost or jump right into the building (and there is a draw back to that as you mentioned).

I want to meet the experienced Dayz player who has never combat logged (once again will not do this anymore, took a death a week ago with so much high level gear when I could have combat logged) or server hopped for loot.

I find that fuller servers (>16 people) that the key areas (Starry and NWAF) are mostly totally empty (no zombie spawns at all). OR, busy as F with clan people and bandits. I would say its 80/20. 80% totally empty (people afraid of the ... 10% bandit population) and 20% some type of action.This makes them lame to snip and server hop on, so I would say this holds for the 100 servers ive hopped looking for kills.

Wanna not get sniped? RUN FULL SPEED, NEVER STOP, lose/kill zombies inside buildings, then leave running full speed. That is the pro tip for ya'll nubbins.

What servers are you guys playing on because im on servers with 30 plus players and the most action I get up north is a rogue zombie crawling around my sniping spots.

Bah. Here is a tip for everyone, stay off the frickkin runway. It's so easy to go in to the southern barracks and get out in 5 minutes that unless you run into someone doing the same you'll be fine. Hell on the weekend I was looking for some specific gear and farmed the southern barracks by myself for 4 hours and not a soul came by in all that time, this was on an average 25/50 server.

What servers are you guys playing on because im on servers with 30 plus players and the most action I get up north is a rogue zombie crawling around my sniping spots.

NWAF is dead right now. I guess fear of pvp and artifacts are keeping people away. Quick tip: changing your resolution fixes the artifacts problems people.

NWAF is dead right now. I guess fear of pvp and artifacts are keeping people away. Quick tip: changing your resolution fixes the artifacts problems people.

Does changing your resolution work better than Flush? I hate the artifacts but normally they only pop up in one direction and I can still get to the airfield. I am pretty sure that is 90% of the reason the NWAF is so dead lately, no one wants to run blind through a known sniper trap, but I have also not found many snipers recently. I think right now is a rare safe time to raid this area, so everyone needs to start going up there while the loot is still available and that is in no way meant to draw people out to increase my pvp chances.

I managed to get killed in the crossfire between two people having a shootout, while I was prone inside a tree that I could somehow prone through. Respawned in Electro, bolted for the store, stole some pepsis and a map and legged it straight for the NWAF. Managed to get all my shit back.

Other than that, I rarely ever see anybody up there. Usually just zombies.

Though, I would be interested in knowing where these sniper hills are, so I can scope them out before I head into the barracks to check on loot.

On another note, my new favourite loot farming spot is the sniper bill near the N fire station in electro. I just prone there until I see someone spawn in next to me and I plug em in the head and collect their shit. Just like I did earlier on some jp server, after losing all my gear to a hacker, yet again.

Edited by Fapnapkin

There's no safe way to get gear from the NWAF. Joining a low pop server to raid it doesn't work because everyone else has the exact same idea. From my squad's experience, if anything, higher pop servers are safer because everyone's scared of the NWAF when there's a lot of people on.