Sign in to follow this  
jazzninja

I was duped... make SURE you don't get duped either

I just posted on this forum like 30 minutes ago. Why? To find new players to enjoy some time in Day Z. I'm aware of the risks involved in bringing on a random person, but I decided to go through with it. Besides, this guy was pretty nice and seemed to have a legit story. He said he had low blood and was in a house outside of cherno. I ran all the way down thinking about all of the fun looting that was about to ensue.

I get to the house. Joined multiple servers to accommodate connection issues. I spawn in the house and I say on Skype, "I see you." he turns to me and says , "Oh, hi" no hesitation then shoots and kills me. THEN he says that I shot him first on Skype. Ugh.

The important part: don't trust a kid named BKGarbo. He fooled me, and is some sort of pathological teenage liar to bat. I learned my lesson, and I unfortunately won't be trusting anyone on these forums. I tried to find a group, but I guess all these hackers and tricksters is the result of a self-centered community. It's too bad. This game could be great if there was a way to find people to play with more easily.

• Like 3

Shit happens, you knew the risk and went through with it.

• Like 1

The only time i respond to "medical requests" is to go shoot the guy and whoever is helping him.

• Like 1

Has a bad experience with one person on the forum- Decides 1,000,000+ players are now teenage hackers and tricksters.

Has a bad experience with one person on the forum- Decides 1,000,000+ players are now teenage hackers and tricksters.

Nah. Just a little mad. I don't actually mean I think EVERYONE is a bad person, but there is no way to know (unless you know them in real life).

When Anne Frank tells you off, you've been told off.

• Like 2

Well, the possibility has always been there. As much a betrayal as it might be, and incredibly dickish, some people do use this forum to be dicks. I've been fortunate enough to have found a group of people that I can trust, but I guess I've been lucky. But just giving up is not the way to handle something like this. There are plenty of people that you CAN trust, but your not going anywhere if you don't even try again.

Anyway, thanks for warning us about this guy. We'll make sure we don't fall victim in the same way.

When Anne Frank tells you off, you've been told off.

lmao at this

On a serious note, I'd like to team up. I'm not gonna lie, I've tried to trick people into getting close enough to kill them but that's cuz I was bored and had gotten killed a lot so i thought i'd try to be the one doing the killing for a change. I also sit around and wait for people to stroll on by just to shoot em cuz I'm playing alone and think it's boring to go looting all alone.

• Like 1