Sign in to follow this  
Quaby

An attempt to be nice ends in a kill.....

I decided to do a psychological experiment on behavior of players, because I had been on a good streak with saying "friendly".

So I sprinted into cherno and encountered a group of three. All I had was a winchester with one mag and some engine parts. I shouted, "friendly" while running from the zombies. He fired at me with a mak and I proceeded to say on voip, "AW HELLL NAW" and then shot him, following a shout of, "FUCK U BITCH YOU DONT SHOOT ME!". He had a DMR. One of his buddies killed me after(the third was unarmed, I think I shot him once for good measure ;)). I then respawned in electro, and just ran. One guy shot me on sight with an M24. I had no weapon, and no loot, so I made him waste a bullet! Yay! This thought was quickly soured by the realization of, "He can just log out and get his bullet back." Awwwww....

Study results-sniper rifles are evil mind control devices deployed by satan to make players overly aggressive. I will do other studies in the future to continue to die in dayz for science.

Hey Bryce, FUCK U AND UR DMR YOU CANT KILL ME!

Hypothesis: People are dicks

Result: People are dicks

Sounds about right.

• Like 2

Yeah, let's be surprised when people shoot me for running at them and they don't know what my intentions are!

cherno elektro and up north are pvp hot spots

PEOPLE ARE NOT FRIENDLY THERE CAUSE THERE ARE PEOPLE THERE TO KILL THEM

IF YOU WANT TO FIND FRIENDLIES LOOK MIDWAY INLAND AND ON THE EAST COAST AND FAR WEST (KAMENKA)

Edited by Buffjesus

I was just shot in the head in a barn up north, I didn't even get to attempt this myth we call "friendliness". I am always friendly though.

he actually fired at you with a makarov? dude... he would have had to hit you like 14 times to kill you. Theres being a dick and then there being an idiot.

I've met a lot of folks in DayZ, and the guy who runs straight at me with a train of zombies yelling, "Friendly! Friendly!" on VOIP is one of the worst. The chance that he's dangerous is almost 100%, trying to be his friend just helps you figure out how he's going to end your life. Sometimes it's treachery, but more often it's attention deficit or straight-up stupidity. They tend to be awkward young men, bad at video games and worse at meeting strangers.

Remember, all the character flaws that make a person unable to look you in they eye or give a firm handshake are also responsible for these guys being incapable of providing effective support to a zombie apocalypse survivor. They'll take your stuff and pretend they didn't, they'll hurt you when they think they won't be punished and they'll fail to complete the simplest task if it becomes even a little bit inconvenient for them. Best-case scenario, you wind up with a co-dependent flunkie who is always asking you for approval and insists on following you around like Robin climbing a wall behind Batman.

A guy who runs at me shouting "Friendly!" gets the same treatment as a guy who runs at me shouting, "Braaaiiiiins!" I keep a respectable distance, and shoot him in the eye if he catches me off-guard or doesn't give up after a little while.

Edited by Beez