Sign in to follow this  
Lowbei

so, hacking is here to stay apparently

again, tribes ascend has no hackers, i have played it since it was beta regularly and have never seen one, ever.

and again, tera online has no hackers either.

so lol all you want, it doesnt make you correct, idiot.

I've never personally seen oxygen, yet I'm still alive.

the bottom line is that if you play a game a lot, and have never seen any hacks, then the game is fine

whereas... if you played dayz for a day, you will be mass nuked and whatnot at least once a day, every day.

if this difference isnt incredibly obvious, then you are an idiot, plain and simple. but dont worry, theres a lot of idiots out there, blending wont be hard

whereas... if you played dayz for a day, you will be mass nuked and whatnot at least once a day, every day.

I don't get mass nuked once a day.

It may be left alone so Rocket can focus on a final stand-alone product but there're positives...like turning into a dog or... teleporting to new heights.

again, tribes ascend has no hackers, i have played it since it was beta regularly and have never seen one, ever.

and again, tera online has no hackers either.

so lol all you want, it doesnt make you correct, idiot.

Just because you have never seen one doesn't mean there aren't any. Think before you comment.

i feel bad for rocket, he made a fun mod, that was ruined by the foundation it was built upon being not made for hack prevention. heres to hoping he can crank out something decent standalone this fall or winter, but its getting close enough that at least a screenshot or two could be dropped on us, so that we know its coming along

right?

I'm not sure what you expect to see from a screenshot, it would look nearly identical to what you see now since the base engine is the same and the existing code would simply be ported into it.

Edited by smasht_AU

you are saying, that the base engine that the standalone dayz is going to be running on, is arma2?

.... no

you are saying, that the base engine that the standalone dayz is going to be running on, is arma2?

.... no

It's the real virtuality engine, which is the base engine that ArmA 2, ArmA 3, Operation flashpoint, Iron Front and a number of other games used.

That's precisely why the time-frame to standalone is so short, a couple of months away, as most of the existing code can simply be ported into it.

The problem with using the ArmA 2 engine, or the ArmA 3 engine for that matter is that the DayZ team can not make changes to it,'not to mention a lot of the problems in DayZ, being able to use scripts for example is actually an intended feature in the ArmA games, even if Rocket was allowed to make engine changes, he wouldn't be able to touch that as it would completely break ArmA in the process.

Going standalone solves that as they can simply modify the DayZ engine code to prevent any scripts from being run at all.

Edited by smasht_AU

What AAA title has no hacking whatsoever? I want to point and laugh at you after you say it.

Define whatsoever. League of Legends is pretty much hack free. There have been a few cases of hacks and exploits, but they usually get shut down with a few days. I came over from LoL and confident in saying the thousands of games Ive played, I have not once encountered a hacker or exploiter. This game however, I experience them every day.

I don't get mass nuked once a day.

One server I was on (I won't name which one), it was getting mass nuked every afternoon at around the same time. If your unlucky you could end up in one of those servers. I figured out what this player was doing. Nuking everyone and then camping Cherno with his AS50.

Edited by sostronk

Yup, hacking is here to stay.. :(

Can't wait for the stand-alone to come out! :)

It's the real virtuality engine, which is the base engine that ArmA 2, ArmA 3, Operation flashpoint, Iron Front and a number of other games used.

That's precisely why the time-frame to standalone is so short, most of the existing code can simply be ported into it.

well then, if it just has to be ported over (surely already has, if its this close to release), then we can expect to see at least a screenshot or two of what our new standalone dayz will look like soon, right? they already have shown a lot of arma3 screenshots, so surely it wouldnt be too hard to take a few with dayz running on it... right?

my bet, we will get no screenshots or gameplay videos, for months. -.-

Edited by Lowbei

Given that all his existing code was using ArmA 2's engine, I would assume it would look very similar to what you see now.

the bottom line is that if you play a game a lot, and have never seen any hacks, then the game is fine

if this difference isnt incredibly obvious, then you are an idiot, plain and simple. but dont worry, theres a lot of idiots out there, blending wont be hard

ERRRR<.< my char is 28 days old ...your made up statistics may be a bit off ... herp derp

I for one find it facinating the phennomenon DayZ is, No other game I know of has had the effect this MOD has. I hope something can be taken from it to improve the situation for future releases.

BE replied to a message from a fellow poster, who was kind enough to share. Something is going to happen by the sound of it and they insist something is being done.

I won't be expecting a standalone anytime soon either, there are too many issues with the current MOD, and I dare not hazzard a guess the damage this will do. It would make sense for Rocket to cease support for this MOD, if they are even seriously planning a standalone, I rememeber a mention of September. Sorry very muchly but in this time we have been informed of Dogs, Underground base building and a fix for Graphical glitches, September is not far away, your Dev team must be locked away in a bunker 24/7 inorder to deliver this. Mix this with the Military contract bidding, It aint happening soon, one line of code change can take a month to repair. (I understand not everything was promised in stone nor in Sept') (Last I heard Dogs could not run uphills, this will take ages to fix / create)

I don't play Lingor but I watch a load of videos for it, I havent seen one fence / soldier glitch, I would play this but with no official support I aint risking a "bad day" because I am on the verge of dropping this wonderful MOD. But unlike so many I would be dropping it because atm I am Bored of Chernaurus, not hackers, not glitches, just Bored of the map. and for Dogs??? why? I could not see the point of Dogs in this format (Look at videos / reports of hackers with dogs), something more usefull would be radios' this would add a greater element to the MOD. I for one LOVE this MOD, it is the first game in years i can genuinely enjoy.

I hope "very soon" is going to happen bacause people are leaving the MOD in droves or in anticipation for WarZ or Hacking, it would be a shame to lose your fanbase because of promises not delivered on time.

What we know:

BE working on Hacking issue.

Rocket and co working on DayZ, Dogs, graphical glitching, current updates, Standalone.

BI working to bid on new contract, Inroducing required points stated in requirements from Military needs, New ARMA 3 (that won't include the military req's). Promotion of Arma 3. Patches.

It is going to be a long wait, and all I can offer is understanding.

So you admit your previous statements are incorrect? Because as far as I can tell you are saying that he was right about the logic he posted. I can agree with your new, revised statement because that makes sense. However your previous and first replies were incoherrent and just facepalm.jpg worthy.

Good lord that semiPr0 guy is fucking dumb. I had to log in just to call his punk ass out. Of course other games have hacks. A lot do, but you are a fing retard if you compare the mild shit that goes on in other games to the hacks you have for dayz. I can't recall any games where you had hacks so bad you could be thunder domed.

The naitivity on the forum is fucking astounding. Some of you all post some straight up dumb shit.

Thank god school is starting up again.

The naitivity on the forum is fucking astounding. Some of you all post some straight up dumb shit.

Why? You missing it?

;)

im just glad that retards have finally stopped responding to threads about rampant hacking with, "its alpha"

Good lord that semiPr0 guy is fucking dumb. I had to log in just to call his punk ass out. Of course other games have hacks. A lot do, but you are a fing retard if you compare the mild shit that goes on in other games to the hacks you have for dayz. I can't recall any games where you had hacks so bad you could be thunder domed.

I'm not sure what the nativity has to do with it.

since the devs cannot control it, battleye cannot control it, there is no fix in sight, and nothing you can do other than play on private hives...

i guess the game is pretty much over until it has a standalone? this is the position me and my pals have taken, we only play on private hives, namely the lingor maps.

i feel bad for rocket, he made a fun mod, that was ruined by the foundation it was built upon being not made for hack prevention. heres to hoping he can crank out something decent standalone this fall or winter, but its getting close enough that at least a screenshot or two could be dropped on us, so that we know its coming along

right?

lol implying that stand alone will be any different from the current DayZ. It is going to be the same thing, the same game on the same engine, with the same crappy problems. All that will be different is that it will have more content... and with more content it will have more bugs for people to abuse. Oh ya, and a price tag so that rocket can shove his giant throbbing ... can of beans into the collective sphincters of all the Dayz players.

lol implying that stand alone will be any different from the current DayZ. It is going to be the same thing, the same game on the same engine, with the same crappy problems. All that will be different is that it will have more content... and with more content it will have more bugs for people to abuse. Oh ya, and a price tag so that rocket can shove his giant throbbing ... can of beans into the collective sphincters of all the Dayz players.

Not true!

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

Not true!

How is it not true? Stand alone is due out before christmas. You think that Arma 3 will be released before then because it won't, also dayz will not use the arma 3 engine before its release date thats just stupid. The games bugs are not problems with Dayz they are fundamental problems with the arma 2 engine. As rocket himself has stated there are some bugs that he will never be able to fix unless they actually fix it in the arma 2 source. Stand alone is just some money grab maneuver... and saddest part is that I most likely going to get it too.

next mass ban wave is said to be in about 2 - 2 1/2 weeks

ARMA 2 keys are being sold at as low as $2 a piece, a handful keys are cheaper than the paid cheating subscription. Bans are pretty useless. It's neither preventing nor deterring future hacking sufficiently.

if rocket still stick with the arma 2 engine despite all these for his stand alone i have to lol. it would literally be like throwing millions of dollar he could have owned into an endless pit.

doing the same thing expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity, and i doubt rocket is insane.