Sign in to follow this  
Lowbei

so, hacking is here to stay apparently

since the devs cannot control it, battleye cannot control it, there is no fix in sight, and nothing you can do other than play on private hives...

i guess the game is pretty much over until it has a standalone? this is the position me and my pals have taken, we only play on private hives, namely the lingor maps.

i feel bad for rocket, he made a fun mod, that was ruined by the foundation it was built upon being not made for hack prevention. heres to hoping he can crank out something decent standalone this fall or winter, but its getting close enough that at least a screenshot or two could be dropped on us, so that we know its coming along

right?

• Like 2

Hackers are in every game, and it can NEVER be stopped, just kind of controlled. Arma2 was meant to be a trusting engine so that people could be creative with the missions they created, so as long as DayZ is on the arma engine hacking will be gloriously easy for the companies that make them. Even when it goes standalone it will be hard, because I'm pretty sure there's a lot of money in the business of creating cheats for 12 year olds and retards. It's sad, but true.

In the gaming world, money can replace ability.

• Like 4

Yep, games ruined. What a waste, 2/10 would not play again.

/sarcasm

• Like 4

I dont think Rocket is going to worry too much about hackers until he gets a standalone deal. Why fight hackers when it wont be an Arma 2 mod for much longer?

Lets wait until then before passing judgement

The OP does have a point, and one must either endure, wait to walk.

I'm choosing to endure. But I know that its frustrating, and the point is valid. Arma was designed to support modding and scripting. Thats got to be to deal with.

I think that thre are people choosing to wait.

When I first played this mod, I tried it for a few hours and then invited my fianc

• Like 1

There is a fix on the way, a huge ban wave is on the way, according to the people at battle eye.

and how exactly would they acquire the IDs to issue such a banwave? considering they dont/cant monitor server logs for all these hosted servers? sounds like lies to me, but i would love to see battleye suddenly "not suck"

Hackers are in every game, and it can NEVER be stopped, just kind of controlled. Arma2 was meant to be a trusting engine so that people could be creative with the missions they created, so as long as DayZ is on the arma engine hacking will be gloriously easy for the companies that make them. Even when it goes standalone it will be hard, because I'm pretty sure there's a lot of money in the business of creating cheats for 12 year olds and retards. It's sad, but true.

In the gaming world, money can replace ability.

i know many AAA titles with no hacking whatsoever. so yes, it can be stopped, battleye just isnt a quality anti hack service, which is incredibly obvious. BIS would probably switch to a better one if they could afford it / if it were easy to make the switch

I dont think you guys understand how hacks work for games,you seem to think making the servers go private will suddenly make all the hacks ever made for dayz disappear. Which will obviously not happen.

^ no, i dont think you understand what we are even talking about.

when did anyone say that making servers go private, will prevent hacks?

DURRRRRRRRRRRR

so many hacker posts on the main page, poor rocket -.- dude has to be just saying fuck it at this point

probably only working on the standalone, with very small if any work on this mod anymore

on a brighter note, i have only died to hackers once on lingor :D

What AAA title has no hacking whatsoever? I want to point and laugh at you after you say it.

Also, that last big BE ban wave sure helped out...I mean I think we actually had like 4 days of semi normal play then the hack wave came back harder and even more brutal than the last wave.

playing tribes ascend in the background. it has no hackers, and has never had any

i also play tera online, which is an mmo, and has no hackers

LOL I can buy a hack for Tribes Ascend from the very same site I can buy a hack for DayZ. Hey heres something interesting, I actually played the original Tribes and Tribes 2 and you could download hacks for those too.

Show me an FPS game without hacks and I'll show you an FPS game that no one is playing.

LOL at MMO's having no hackers, TERA or otherwise.

again, tribes ascend has no hackers, i have played it since it was beta regularly and have never seen one, ever.

and again, tera online has no hackers either.

so lol all you want, it doesnt make you correct, idiot.

next mass ban wave is said to be in about 2 - 2 1/2 weeks

again, tribes ascend has no hackers, i have played it since it was beta regularly and have never seen one, ever.

and again, tera online has no hackers either.

so lol all you want, it doesnt make you correct, idiot.

So you play on all the Ascend servers at once? Cause theres hack for Ascend...right on the same site that sells hacks for DayZ.

TERA Online and other MMO's have hackers, its just more subtle and not stuff you immediately notice. Duping and speedhacks are most common in MMOs. And TERA is no more secure than any other MMO out there.

So to return your rather hilarious logic back at you.....you're essentially saying that because you haven't SEEN the hackers, they don't exist...which is a bit ignorant, all told.

I'll just let the "idiot" comment pass. Its obvious you have trouble coming to grips with the concept of people having different opinions than you.

So you play on all the Ascend servers at once? Cause theres hack for Ascend...right on the same site that sells hacks for DayZ.

TERA Online and other MMO's have hackers, its just more subtle and not stuff you immediately notice. Duping and speedhacks are most common in MMOs. And TERA is no more secure than any other MMO out there.

So to return your rather hilarious logic back at you.....you're essentially saying that because you haven't SEEN the hackers, they don't exist...which is a bit ignorant, all told.

I'll just let the "idiot" comment pass. Its obvious you have trouble coming to grips with the concept of people having different opinions than you.

if hacks were not caught by tribes ascend servers, i or any of my people would have at least seen it once. strange that on their forums, there has also never been and "about hackers" threads

and yeah, there is zero hacks, speedhacks, dupes, etc, in tera online. i dont blame you for not attempting to look it up, as you know you are wrong.

but feel free to keep claiming that every game has hacks to defend this games rampant hacking, idiot :)

• Like 1

I dont think Rocket is going to worry too much about hackers until he gets a standalone deal. Why fight hackers when it wont be an Arma 2 mod for much longer?

Lets wait until then before passing judgement

Hes working on dogs..

There is a fix on the way, a huge ban wave is on the way, according to the people at battle eye.

They don't care - they'll buy new keys for a few bucks and find a way around it. ARMA2 is broken fundamentally.

What AAA title has no hacking whatsoever? I want to point and laugh at you after you say it.

The difference is that hacking doesn't directly influence the experience for everyone so severely - wall hacks and aim bots suck for everyone but they don't utterly ruin your entire session rendering your last few hours completely meaningless like ARMA2's security problems can.

nono, dont smash semipr0 with any more logic, thats mean :P

there is no point on why rocket should waste his resources fixing the hacker problem on this mod because a stand alone is coming. he will never get to work on his standalone if he has to take care of the hacking problem.