Seangeezy3

Any servers still have Sidechat

I thought the cursing and slapping one's self with a shovel conveyed it clear enough.

Take it however you will. It still stands to reason that in a game about zombies, "realism" shouldn't be that much of a factor that you have to disable chat.

Crazy. I can tell you over 10 server whith SideChat right now! Just google. Or search for Side/Global ON servers. And i Aggree Sidechat is really cool! Whithout sidechat i would not play this game anymore :) (I cant say the names of the server, cause you know why)

Gotta agree. I'm perfectly fine with side chat being default disabled because it's not "realisitic", however I figured that admins should be allowed to decide whether or not they want side chat. If people don't like the "lack" of realism on side-chat servers, there would be plenty without it. As much as I like rocket and what he's done, his rules seem very... communist-like.

I agree with a lot of the rules that rocket and his team are pushing (they make sense in terms of the hive and maintaining the integrity of the core).

This is a rule I do not agree with, and the explanation is, quite frankly, BS. This is a function that admins should control. If they find issues with it on their server, they can disable it. If players don't like it enabled, they can find a new server to play on.

Disable it in the default config, but don't tell me I cannot have it enabled. I don't have it enabled currently, but I might just consider it going forward.

Make the rules that make sense. Don't try to push too many rules. Project Leaders that are dictators to only feed their ego often end up killing projects in the long run.

Hell, some of these rules are starting to annoy a lot of my server regulars. I've already had multiple requests this week to move the server to a private hive. It's not something I'm considering (yet), but start adding too many rules and ignoring the problems with hackers, and you'll find a lot of servers shutting down and/or moving to a private hive.

• Like 2

I don't have it enabled currently, but I might just consider it going forward.

Then you risk being blacklisted.

Then you risk being blacklisted.

If and when that time comes for breaking a rule that has no merit, I'll just jump to a private Hive. I doubt I'll see much of a decrease in server population.

Until then, I'm running a clean server and am an active member of this community.

Tl;dr: come at me, bro.

I would like to have it on my server. I played on servers with it before i got mine. It's creating a friendly environment in the server, people are much less likely to shoot someone they spoke to in Side channel, see it as an OOC in RP servers in ex. WoW or other mmorpg/mmo games.

Really I can not se the point of forcing it disabled since i could just create an IRC channel for my server and use an overlay OR create a steam grp and use the steam overlay.. it really makes no sense at all to me. It's like saying you are not allowed to speak to anyone while playing this game, it will ruin the other players experience. Players that do not like it doesnt have to play on a server with it on, it really should be up to the server administrators.

Good vs. Bad

Good:

Create a friendly environment in a server.

Newbies can get help without having to ask on the forums.

You dont have to use a IRC Overlay or Steam overlay to get a public chat on your server.

?

?

?

Profit!!!

Bad:

Ruins game experience (?????)

It's not realistic (In a Zombie apocalypse game)

OOC is bullshit

Social behaviour is for n00bs

?

?

?

nonprofit¿

• Like 3

lol seconded. I recommend Santuary server until they pull their heads out of their asses.

thats why i dumped the host i was with and went private.

Forcing players to not communicate over the internet.

Priceless.

What I would recommend is joining a clan or a server with vent/ts/mumble/etc. I understand the frustration, but side-chat was taken out for a specific reason and at this time everyone must follow the rules.

Yeah, who gives a fuck what the community wants, right?