Seangeezy3

Any servers still have Sidechat

I really do miss sidechat and would love to be playing on an active server that still has sidechat, and also has active admins, if anyone knows of some please let me know, thanks!

It can get you blacklisted if the sidechat doesn't server a DIRECT and REAL purpose.

Examples:

Trading Post

Reddit Server

Well i really wouldnt mind playing on a trading post server, or even an reddit server.

I played on a reddit server yesterday that had sidechat enabled. Unfortunately at least one hacker played there as well.

It can get you blacklisted if the sidechat doesn't server a DIRECT and REAL purpose.

Examples:

Trading Post

Reddit Server

That's not true.

Enabling side-chat is a direct violation of the rules. It will result in a server being blacklisted.

• Like 2

You could play on a private server with a private hive. Most of them have side chat enabled.

That's not true.

Enabling side-chat is a direct violation of the rules. It will result in a server being blacklisted.

nobody cares

• Like 1

nobody cares

We do, but we have limited resources. We are doing what we can.

UK01 has sidechat

Can't check ATM, running 1.62.

US 83 has global chat still on, played on it last week.

Just checked, no longer enabled.

Just checked, no longer enabled.

Ah man why you gotta go and ruin the fun part? I cant even enjoy this game without sidechat.

Whats this so called HIVE i keep hearing?

Its the "Master Server" where all your player/server ingame data is saved.

Ah man why you gotta go and ruin the fun part? I cant even enjoy this game without sidechat.

What I would recommend is joining a clan or a server with vent/ts/mumble/etc. I understand the frustration, but side-chat was taken out for a specific reason and at this time everyone must follow the rules.

What I would recommend is joining a clan or a server with vent/ts/mumble/etc. I understand the frustration, but side-chat was taken out for a specific reason and at this time everyone must follow the rules.

UK01 has command chat, are you really going to get mad at a BIS employee for modifying a ArmA2 mission?

Once again nobody cares, go cry some more.

Edited by Chernarus

And that reason being? Because if you say shit-talking then you should slap yourself (Or Rocket) in the face with shovel, as this does NOT prevent shit-talk in the least. If you were not going to say that, disregard my previous statement and please explain.

As I understand it global/side chat is not realistic in a survival setting.

According to Rocket, in version 1.8+ new means of communication will be introduced into the game, however.

Also, I'm not sure why you have to have such a hostile attitude.

As I understand it global/side chat is not realistic in a survival setting.

According to Rocket, in version 1.8+ new means of communication will be introduced into the game, however.

Also, I'm not sure why you have to have such a hostile attitude.

Because I had a slight hunch that you'd use the word realistic in a game about zombies. But the hostility wasn't quite intended as you can't portray correctly a tone in text.

Because I had a slight hunch that you'd use the word realistic in a game about zombies. But the hostility wasn't quite intended as you can't portray correctly a tone in text.

I thought the cursing and slapping one's self with a shovel conveyed it clear enough.