Sign in to follow this  
le_fieber

Why I like to play on private hive server

Why I like to play on private hive server:

- no ghosting

- no server hopping for loot

- it's more like an "own world" .. there aren't people who looted empty server and then come to the full server with end game weapons

• Like 2

I just hate the fact that admins on alot of custom hive servers just give themselfes every single item in the game and just spawn all the vehicles how they want them to.

And you can ban players for hacking rather then having to rely on the hopeless BattleEye. I actually think this game would be better with private servers.

I agree with everyone on here. Although I think private servers should not be hive because you can gear up move to a server and slaughter everyone. Then do it all over again when you die.

Would still play if the server was private and not connected to the hive.

It would solve the hacker problem. Hive was a nice dream but it doesn't work for an alpha mod on the ArmA2 engine. Maybe it would work for standalone dayZ

I personally think this is a bad idea, for one at least with the public hive the dev's know if hackers spawn weapons in. On a private server you probably would not be able to tell if someone logged on spawned some weapons logged off and just played without hacks but with all the spawned weapons. Also when the dev's do ban hackers they are banned across all the servers who are on the public hive. If every server was private the hacker could simply just change servers and have 1000's to keep playing on if he or she ever got banned. If all servers were private admins could do whatever they wanted to you such as ban you for killing them or ban you if you raided their camp and the dayz dev's would not be able to do anything about it.

To your comment saying they come into full servers with end game weapons, they're not end game weapons people can still kill them and if they kill someone with their high value weapon it would be still be the same if they used any other weapon the player would still be dead.

Edited by keosan24
  • Like 1

If you play on a private hive, your hive character does not get affected in any way right?

If you play on a private hive, your hive character does not get affected in any way right?

yeah, the hive character dosn't get affected, you could play on 100 different private servers, but hive will always keep your "original" save, nobody is going to stop you from playing on private servers, which i'm starting to think about it too

Edited by darkanima270

Why I like to play on private hive server:

- no ghosting

- no server hopping for loot

- it's more like an "own world" .. there aren't people who looted empty server and then come to the full server with end game weapons

And you can build a base up north with alot less chance of it being raided 5 times a day.

The one i play on never has hackers (although i think the admin clan hacks alot) but they dont abuse other players... For the most part.

That said the chances of being ghosted are close to zero.

I've starting playing on private hive servers just so that I don't have to worry about when I'm goin to be turning into a cow next then massacred with the rest of the server, or mass murdered out of thin air, or dropped from 100ft, or put in a thunderdome and slaughtered.

The hacking on normal hive servers over the past week is out of control. Personally I've lost my character 6 times in the past couple of days to full server slaughtering by fat, lonely hackers.

I'd rather start a fresh character on a private server every day and be able to play properly, only having to deal with zombies and the odd bandit....which is how the mod is supposed to be played!!!!!

+ side chat is enabled so more of a community feeling/teamwork as you get to know regular players

I've starting playing on private hive servers just so that I don't have to worry about when I'm goin to be turning into a cow next then massacred with the rest of the server, or mass murdered out of thin air, or dropped from 100ft, or put in a thunderdome and slaughtered.

The hacking on normal hive servers over the past week is out of control. Personally I've lost my character 6 times in the past couple of days to full server slaughtering by fat, lonely hackers.

I'd rather start a fresh character on a private server every day and be able to play properly, only having to deal with zombies and the odd bandit....which is how the mod is supposed to be played!!!!!

Dictating how the mod is supposed to be played is precisely how it ISN'T meant to be played.

Should be more like this

HIVE on

Admins allowed to ban from there server if they wish

Quality of loot rate slightly affected by no. of players on server

Happy days

Are there any good European 50 player servers with private hives that are usually full?

Edited by Herr Robert

just happened again:

me and my friend were in vysota. in shool or office bulding.. whatever... on the top.. almost... so we secured the doors... then we heared foot steps...

so we were quite, but I guess the guy noticed us.

we were waitin... suddenly the guy is on the very top of the building and shot us both. Server hopping at its best. Thats so bitchy.

That was my last time playing on public hive, until there is a reliable solution for this kind of cheating..

Iv recently noticed the in game message about hackers getting banned. The server I have been playing on last few weeks was getting hacked something horrible however last night with the new messages it was actually issue free (for me anyway). I actually got to gear up really well for the first time. Maybe its luck?

I then went to another server with my brother and again, no issues. Hmm. ;)

Anyway, no matter the server you can have issues. Both have their negatives and positives.

So what stops a clan or something from setting up in the server and just.... taking over?

I just hate the fact that admins on alot of custom hive servers just give themselfes every single item in the game and just spawn all the vehicles how they want them to.

Admins can't spawn items nor vehicles.

My favorite part is how the admins have figured out how to fix the hacking problem.

Considering most of this community will tell you that can't be done, I find it very impressive.

So what stops a clan or something from setting up in the server and just.... taking over?

Not much. I mean if they set up a server just for their clan I'm sure they would get bored quick. If they let in randoms but they are abusive they will not get many regular players.

I hoped we could get something like this for the official game and let us police our self. I will be the first to admit it is a horrible solution but even horrible ranks about 100x better than battleeye.

I played on CA1 and for the first time in a while, I had a great experience.

I still maintained my KoS mentality and they were fine with it. Who cares if they spawn themselves weapons. Eventually, you will find a newbie with a weapon that he/she shouldn't have and you can just take it from them.

Then, it is game on!

I'll be going back. Plus they have side chat. Glorious side chat.

"Friendly in Electro..."

I'm on my way, broham!

My favorite part is how the admins have figured out how to fix the hacking problem.

How is that exactly?

How is that exactly?

I have no idea how they do it exactly.

I know they have a whitelist (which anyone can join) that seems to keep a lot of the hackers from not bothering with that server in the first place.

When one does get though, the server will instantly shut down. Then come back in a few minutes and everything will be back to normal. If a hacker killed us all or moved us to 1 spot, we will be back in our original spots with gear/same character after the restart.

Like I said, no idea how they do it but its impressive considering many believe it can't be done.