KField86

Could use more players on US 1313

I was near Komarovo yesterday and found what seemed to be a fully functional and repaired bus on the middle of the road north of the town. There was no one around, no bodies, nothing. Since it's not a spawn point and the bus was repaired, I instantly thought that a hacker had spawned it and was using it as a bait. I spent over 20 minutes scouting the area to make sure nobody was camping the place, when suddenly someone ran straight to the bus, hoped in and drove away. Yeah, I felt like a dumbass for waiting that long to take it, lol.

So I shot him, he drove off, about 10 min later I found him in Balota trying to drive around the road blocks in the street or something. I shot the tires (I wanted the bus!!), he drove away out of my field of view, and exploded a few seconds later.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the bus was spawned by a hacker and abandoned.

That was me actually, i found the bus above prigrigori and i drove it out of the woods but i popped a tire in the process of the massive giggles of my first vehicle find. I left it there for someone else to get some giggles.

Also kudos to Kfield for the great server, setup a tent on your server a week or two ago and I wonder how it's doing.

Do tents and vehicles properly save on your server? If so then a few friends and i may start playing there. Hope for some good news server sounds great.

I had 2 tents, 1 ATV, 1 Dirt Bike and one bicycle despawn after this past update a few days ago. But I don't believe its a server issue, that's just the poor Arma II engine at its finest.

That was me actually, i found the bus above prigrigori and i drove it out of the woods but i popped a tire in the process of the massive giggles of my first vehicle find. I left it there for someone else to get some giggles.

Also kudos to Kfield for the great server, setup a tent on your server a week or two ago and I wonder how it's doing.

Ok, good to hear that it was not a hacker trap :beans:! I was suspicious because I fell for such traps in the past, now I'm very careful when I found a vehicle...

Regarding the tents, they don't seem to be working on any server I've been, they just won't save. I have a few tents on other servers, and every time the server restarts the tents revert to the way they where before the 1.7.2.5 patch.

Was playing on this server for a good amount of time yesterday. No hacker situations. Found a motorcycle outside of Stary Sobor. Had a good time! Going to check today to see if anyone has found it. I had to abandon it in a pretty bad spot.

Edited by Moons

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Edited by Nalyid

Got a server from Vilayer last month, and with the amount of new servers going up, the population has been low so hopefully I can boost that a little bit. Surprisingly, we haven't had a huge hacker presence. I've only banned about 4 known hackers in the past 3 to 4 weeks now, but I'm sure that number will climb. The server is east coast(FL to be specific, this may change in the future however). I'm usually on throughout the day to admin the server, and I also have an email for any kind of hacker reports to be sent to so that I can check it as quickly as possible and deal with the situation. I also tend to ban anyone I CATCH combat logging for a 12-24 hour period, depending on severe the situation seems to be. Ghosters can earn themselves a 48 hour ban, there are plenty of other servers out there for them to play on for that period.

Some info:

Nametags: OFF

3rd Person: ON

Crosshairs: ON (This may change in the future)

Waypoints: ON

Map player markers, or whatever you want to call them: OFF.

Difficulty: Veteran

As I said, the server is low population at the moment, so some more regulars would be nice. The server is typically restarted once every 8-12 hours for stability purposes. I try to have a long daytime / short night-time day cycle if at all possible, but chances are if you're on the east coast, it'll be day time more often than not when you're playing. However, more often than not the server is running in UTC - 6. Performance is great. Not much server desync at all, unless you count the desync on the hive's end of the chain. But that's unavoidable. Very quick load-in times, and very rarely any crashes. I always announce restarts and give 10 minute warnings to get to a safe place or safe any tents, etc. Try it out if you'd like.

:)

Does your server have global side chat? If so I'm in.

No.

Thats too bad, thanks for the response. I would highly recommend it. The server I play on has it. If you are worried about people voice chatting over it, the server I play on does not have an issue with clear rules and effective moderating. Even without it, we get by just fine. Good luck with your head hunting.

Hey, a couple of friends and I were on this server yesterday. We we're sniping in electro when it turned into about as intense of a firefight you will see in dayz. Sadly I was afk and logged off when the action happened so I didn't get to see it, but my friends were telling me it was pretty intense. We definately will be playing on this server more often.

Hey, a couple of friends and I were on this server yesterday. We we're sniping in electro when it turned into about as intense of a firefight you will see in dayz. Sadly I was afk and logged off when the action happened so I didn't get to see it, but my friends were telling me it was pretty intense. We definately will be playing on this server more often.

Nice!! two of my friends were involved in that skirmish. I was on the other side of the map trying to hump down there. I came in the end, got a bandit and his bike. :D but my two friends basically had the best time in the firefight and skirmish. We have definitely liked this server.

Thats too bad, thanks for the response. I would highly recommend it. The server I play on has it. If you are worried about people voice chatting over it, the server I play on does not have an issue with clear rules and effective moderating. Even without it, we get by just fine. Good luck with your head hunting.

It is against the rules set by the DayZ admins to alter mission parameters, which is what I would have to do in order to enable side chat. It was taken out for a reason. Plus, I have a managed gameserver, not my own, so I have no access to do any of that stuff, which is for good reason. Sorry. :( And no, tents and vehicles aren't saving properly on my server. This is due to the latest hive update which screwed up a ton of shit. It's like this way on every server running the latest hive version. I don't know if older 1.7.2.4 servers have this problem now. I know the problem wasn't around when 2.4 was the latest patch.

Also, I was involved in that skirmish on counter-sniper hill in elektro last night. We went to investigate the snipers camping noobs in the town, and ended up taking a bunch of people out as well as getting killed once as well. I ended the night with about 6 murders and 3 bandit kills due to people constantly rushing back towards the bodies. Although, I will say we found two AS50 TWS rifles on two of the bodies, but those were hidden to stop circulation of hacked in weapons. I won't ban for it unless I have evidence that the person spawned them in , but I will do everything in my power to stop the circulation of them. Not saying you were the noobs there, but some people were. Particularly the guys with AS50 TWS' :)

Edited by KField86