KField86

Could use more players on US 1313

Emergency post:

If you are watching this thread, or if you play on the US 1313 server on a regular basis...

The server is being transferred at this moment to NY, from Jacksonville, FL. This is being done to help some players across the way in the UK. I have squad mates over there as well so this was to help him. I originally wanted the server in NY and was told I would be transferred at the first chance. So, I'm not sure if tents will be wiped or not. I imagine I will retain the same instance Id, but I'm unsure if the server will be able to keep the 1313 designation. IF IT CHANGES I WILL UPDATE THE POST HERE.

We'll have to see. I'm waiting now on the transfer to complete as I have access to the new server ip. The old server will go down once it's finished, which sucks since at the moment, the server is damn near full.

US 1313 is good fun, pretty stable server and no hacks yet. We even found a chopper last night, had 5 cans of coke in it! Score!

Really Kaishi? We've been searching for a chopper for weeks now and haven't found a single legitimate spawn. This sounds legitimate since it had items in it. Do you mind telling me where it was found? I'm not asking where it is NOW obviously, lol. Just where it was found. I've even wrote to the Vipeax before asking him if there was any chance he could check the database to confirm if we were seeded a helicopter or not. This is truly good news. I've banned a couple of people now for spawning them in because I caught them in the logs, and we have had a problem with illegitimate choppers flying around, as is the case with a lot of servers. Unfortunately it's hard to catch 100% of the time. However there is only 1 helicopter seeded per server, so if I know of two flying around, I can be pretty sure of who spawned the second one in.

Does the server do .pbo scans? People tend to move those files from the directory so trees, bushes, buildings are removed from sight.

I played on ur server last night. Very fast load times! Il be back for sure. And I agree. Nothing better than an admin that checks logs.

Well the choppers only spawn point right now I think is on solicity island

If there was anyone in my server today during the hacker attack this afternoon, I have to apologize sincerely. The server is currently being transferred to NY at this time. I've for some reason lost control of my server to do any kind of restarts or time changes, or get to the script logs in my admin panel through Vilayer's FTP. The reason for this is I currently have access to a new IP for the New York server but it's awaiting an instance id (Either the old one, or the new one.) I've been trying to get in contact with Vilayer for the past 5 hours or so now but I haven't gotten any response. I was told hours ago that the transfer was under way. I messaged them saying it was an emergency and I had no access to shut down the server briefly to try and curb the hackers until they got bored and moved onto another server. I was devastated to see the server go from 40/40 players down to 10/40 in a matter of 10 minutes. I sincerely apologize. Hopefully by the end of the night, or sometime tomorrow I will regain control, the new server will go up, the old one will be taken down and it will be from that point on based out of NY instead of Florida. Hopefully this will result in better ping for any UK players, as well as myself, and overall it shouldn't change much for anybody in a central or pacific timezone. I think this box is newer as well, so I imagine performance will be even better.

Until then, feel free to continue playing on US 1313. I will be there but I do not have control over that server at the moment. I can kick/ban players still since I know the IP and admin login, however I cannot do any restarts. Not until I have my new server. I think I will get to keep the 1313 designation but I'm still unsure. To anyone planning on playing on my server. Please hold off on placing any tents to store gear as I'm unsure if I will be assigned a new instance at this time. If I'm assigned a new instance, it will be a clean slate. No tents. Vehicles will be reset to their spawn locations(Although, if it's a higher number, please be aware it often takes a couple days at most for vehicles to appear on the server. This is something the DayZ team takes care of, not me.) So please, hold off on placing any valuables in tents, JUST IN CASE. I'm not positive whether I will be keeping my current ID or getting a new one. Thanks guys.

Really Kaishi? We've been searching for a chopper for weeks now and haven't found a single legitimate spawn. This sounds legitimate since it had items in it. Do you mind telling me where it was found?

It was north of stary in a field, couple empty tents nearby. Wasn't a fresh spawn, though since it only had soda in it smells legit.

It is now exploded, it slid down a 5% grade into a forest. Needless to say attempting to remove it from the forest resulting in an epic explosion and many deaths. There should be a fresh helicopter spawn on the server somewhere since it sploded.

How are the vehicles on the us 1313 server, is it spawning cars and stuff? We've put 100's of hours on random servers looking for cars and have never found one at a spawn.

It was north of stary in a field, couple empty tents nearby. Wasn't a fresh spawn, though since it only had soda in it smells legit.

It is now exploded, it slid down a 5% grade into a forest. Needless to say attempting to remove it from the forest resulting in an epic explosion and many deaths. There should be a fresh helicopter spawn on the server somewhere since it sploded.

How are the vehicles on the us 1313 server, is it spawning cars and stuff? We've put 100's of hours on random servers looking for cars and have never found one at a spawn.

Yes they are spawning, although some have been found and hidden. :)

UPDATE: The server is now in New York. Same instance ID but it is US1313 now. No space. There may be some confusion as it appears the old server is still up and running with the US 1313 designation but we still have the same instance ID? Don't know how that's possible to be honest, but whatever lol.

So yes, if you want to continue playing on my server, search for US1313 now. You will see [NY] in the server name to help alleviate possible confusion. I will not be running US 1313. I imagine it will be taken offline shortly.

Today in elektro me and my friend saw a SUV driving around. My friend killed the driver and right on that moment we got kicked because a message popped up saying script registration failure or something else. This definitely a hacker because he probably gave himself the best item in the game such as (L85A2, GPS, rangefinder, NVG ) he didn't even have a backpack. I can't remember hes name it was a long name (around 12 digits) and this happened around 6:00/6:30 PM GMT+1 time (that's 11 AM in UTC-7/-6 time)

Maybe this will help a little. I checked on the DayZ wiki site and it doesnt say the SUV is a part of the game. Maybe this caused the script failure kicking. And don't worry the SUV is gone after the server restart the SUV disappeared.

Today in elektro me and my friend saw a SUV driving around. My friend killed the driver and right on that moment we got kicked because a message popped up saying script registration failure or something else. This definitely a hacker because he probably gave himself the best item in the game such as (L85A2, GPS, rangefinder, NVG ) he didn't even have a backpack. I can't remember hes name it was a long name (around 12 digits) and this happened around 6:00/6:30 PM GMT+1 time (that's 11 AM in UTC-7/-6 time)

Maybe this will help a little. I checked on the DayZ wiki site and it doesnt say the SUV is a part of the game. Maybe this caused the script failure kicking. And don't worry the SUV is gone after the server restart the SUV disappeared.

The script restriction kicks should be stopping now, the false ones anyway. This was an error on battleye's fault where they changed the scripts.txt to scripts_old.txt. In order to even be able to have my logs scanning players, I had to use a new file. When I upgraded, I noticed people were still getting kicked for script restrictions, so I had to find ANOTHER file that Dwarden released today I believe, and it updates the Remoteexec, Scripts.txt and Createvehicle.log files to catch the little script kiddies doing things like creating vehicles and it will automatically kick them. The script detection for the server has been ramped up now in a big way. So if you're seeing <so and so> was kicked. Createvehicle restriction or remoteexec restriction -- well... it's doing it's job. I'll look into the guy with the SUV but chances are he's not going to show up. If I see anything out of the ordinary he'll be dealt with. I sent you an admin private message today blurp :P -- although I don't think you responded or were AFK

. I sent you an admin private message today blurp :P -- although I don't think you responded or were AFK

Yeah I forgot to tell I could see the messages, tried to reply to them through direct chat but for some reason you couldn't see them or didn't respond or did I do something wrong?

btw good to hear that everything is back to normal.

Today my friend and I were playing on US 1313 when my buddy was running through the middle of nowhere and yells out "O shit, a bus just spawned in front of me... AWESOME" soon followed by "FU(K, 4 people just jumped out of the bus and killed me!". I went to another server in fear of loosing my equipment, ran to the gps location he gave me just minutes before, and arrived to the gps location he gave me. I relogged into us 1313 only to find his corpse was hidden (flies in the middle of an small clearing in the woods). The only explination for this is hacks. I then saw about 5 minutes later the admin wrote something along the lines of "Just banned your friends, and your next if your still here". I can't play on this server again. We were hoping to make this our home server but it seems that this server has been victim of hackers from the previous posts I read. Any other explination of what happened either by admin or other players? Thanks.

After reading this thread I am def gonna check the server out. You seem genuinely honest about getting killed (no DC or resets), check logs, and try to keep the place hacker free. Exemplary behaviour! Thanks for the server and the effort you put in running it.

Cheers

Today my friend and I were playing on US 1313 when my buddy was running through the middle of nowhere and yells out "O shit, a bus just spawned in front of me... AWESOME"

I was near Komarovo yesterday and found what seemed to be a fully functional and repaired bus on the middle of the road north of the town. There was no one around, no bodies, nothing. Since it's not a spawn point and the bus was repaired, I instantly thought that a hacker had spawned it and was using it as a bait. I spent over 20 minutes scouting the area to make sure nobody was camping the place, when suddenly someone ran straight to the bus, hoped in and drove away. Yeah, I felt like a dumbass for waiting that long to take it, lol.

So I shot him, he drove off, about 10 min later I found him in Balota trying to drive around the road blocks in the street or something. I shot the tires (I wanted the bus!!), he drove away out of my field of view, and exploded a few seconds later.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the bus was spawned by a hacker and abandoned.

Today my friend and I were playing on US 1313 when my buddy was running through the middle of nowhere and yells out "O shit, a bus just spawned in front of me... AWESOME" soon followed by "FU(K, 4 people just jumped out of the bus and killed me!". I went to another server in fear of loosing my equipment, ran to the gps location he gave me just minutes before, and arrived to the gps location he gave me. I relogged into us 1313 only to find his corpse was hidden (flies in the middle of an small clearing in the woods). The only explination for this is hacks. I then saw about 5 minutes later the admin wrote something along the lines of "Just banned your friends, and your next if your still here". I can't play on this server again. We were hoping to make this our home server but it seems that this server has been victim of hackers from the previous posts I read. Any other explination of what happened either by admin or other players? Thanks.

Dude, I don't mean to sound like a dick... but you're going to experience hackers on EVERY server you join, I guarantee it. There is simply nothing more I can do than what I already am doing. I run the latest be .txt files. I have server side event logging, which I scan very proactively. I nailed the hacker today who was part of that bus hacker squad. His name was Fred, and he was wearing a jason mask. He also had a bypass, which almost makes him damn near undetectable via traditional methods. I got lucky that I even found him. Today was the first day in about 2 weeks now where we had a hacker in my server doing anything like that. I rarely even play anymore because I'm too busy trying to keep others safe instead of enjoying the game.

The bus wasn't spawned to my knowledge, or else I believe it would of appeared in my remoteexec logs which monitors any kind of createVehicle command issued by a player. I think this bus was FOUND by a hacker, which he then drove around and teleported to players with. I was in a conversation with another player who told me "You banned the hacker lol. We were just riding around with him because he told us too. " I can't ban them for simply being in a vehicle and killing players, and they don't come up dirty either. I wish they did. Again, if he had a BE Bypass, which he did, he will not show up in my logs as doing anything wrong. That's life. It's unfortunate but that's how it goes with this mod. He was caught giving himself multiple satchel charges however.

By all means, play whereever you'd like to play, but please don't come off with an attitude that my server is shit, and hacker central because it's not. You know how many scripters I ban each day because they get auto-kicked and then I just go and ban their guid? Over 20. Daily. Every single server is victim of hackers, and most have admins that are simply unaware of how scripts work, which ones are malicious, let alone monitoring the server all day, every day, as well as restarting often to keep the server at peak performance. I also don't abuse my powers. I don't ghost. I don't log from combat. I don't restart the server if myself or a squad member dies. I don't restart if a tent gets raided. I obey the rules the staff has set forth and will continue to do so. It's a rare find, I assure you.. and I've spoken with many server admins before.

Again, I don't mean to sound rude, I just feel like I'm being sold short for the amount of work I truly do to try and keep the server clean.

Also, you just admitted that you logged out of the server because you were afraid of dying, ghosted to your mates location, and then rejoin. Even if it wasn't for the purpose of killing someone, it's pretty lame. Hackers or not. I hope you don't do that in a legitimate combat situation against someone you may *think* is a hacker, but isn't.

Edited by KField86
  • Like 2

After reading this thread I am def gonna check the server out. You seem genuinely honest about getting killed (no DC or resets), check logs, and try to keep the place hacker free. Exemplary behaviour! Thanks for the server and the effort you put in running it.

Cheers

Thanks for the compliment. I really do try, and I tend to think of the players before myself in a lot of ways. Hope you find enjoyment in 1313.

Also, I can't stress this enough. If you see ANYTHING, and I mean ANYTHING that you would deem suspicious, please send a report to hgcserver@gmail.com with a description of the event( as detailed as you can ) and the time it took place(as accurate as possible). If anything happens to you, the first thing you need to do is look at a clock and make note of the time. That's very important when it comes to me getting some payback for you on a potential cheater. Thanks everyone.

Edited by KField86

I was in no way implying that your server was shit and/or nothing is being done about hackers. I wanted this information to get to the right people as soon as it happened and this was the only place I felt I would have a chance at that. I greatly appreciate your efforts to stop/ban hackers. It was not my intention to come accross as a dick either. It had just taken us a long time to acquire the items we had acquired and I came here venting our frustration about the event that had taken place.

As far as ghosting, sure as shit I admitted I ghosted my friends body. I don't DC from a server if being attacked. I don't DC if killed by legitimate circumstances. But when a bus spawns in the middle of the woods and 4 people get out killing my buddy on sight, then call me what you will but I'm not willing to give my equipment to any hacker as a freebe because he decides to teleport around the map finding survivors to rape. Totality of the circumstances consisting of Miss Frizzles magical teleporting school bus and the death squad students might hint at a possible hacker. Hence my reasoning for ghosting my buddy's corpse. That is all.

Tried it out today. Seems nice. I'll definately be checking up on it from time to time.

I was in no way implying that your server was shit and/or nothing is being done about hackers. I wanted this information to get to the right people as soon as it happened and this was the only place I felt I would have a chance at that. I greatly appreciate your efforts to stop/ban hackers. It was not my intention to come accross as a dick either. It had just taken us a long time to acquire the items we had acquired and I came here venting our frustration about the event that had taken place.

As far as ghosting, sure as shit I admitted I ghosted my friends body. I don't DC from a server if being attacked. I don't DC if killed by legitimate circumstances. But when a bus spawns in the middle of the woods and 4 people get out killing my buddy on sight, then call me what you will but I'm not willing to give my equipment to any hacker as a freebe because he decides to teleport around the map finding survivors to rape. Totality of the circumstances consisting of Miss Frizzles magical teleporting school bus and the death squad students might hint at a possible hacker. Hence my reasoning for ghosting my buddy's corpse. That is all.

No, I don't mind you leaving for hackers. That's fine, and maybe I should of worded my response differently. I just was implying that I hope you don't do it for other reasons, since I issue temp bans(24 hours) if it's severe enough. That's all I was trying to say.