KField86

Could use more players on US 1313

Got a server from Vilayer last month, and with the amount of new servers going up, the population has been low so hopefully I can boost that a little bit. Surprisingly, we haven't had a huge hacker presence. I've only banned about 4 known hackers in the past 3 to 4 weeks now, but I'm sure that number will climb. The server is east coast(FL to be specific, this may change in the future however). I'm usually on throughout the day to admin the server, and I also have an email for any kind of hacker reports to be sent to so that I can check it as quickly as possible and deal with the situation. I also tend to ban anyone I CATCH combat logging for a 12-24 hour period, depending on severe the situation seems to be. Ghosters can earn themselves a 48 hour ban, there are plenty of other servers out there for them to play on for that period.

Some info:

Nametags: OFF

3rd Person: ON

Crosshairs: ON (This may change in the future)

Waypoints: ON

Map player markers, or whatever you want to call them: OFF.

Difficulty: Veteran

As I said, the server is low population at the moment, so some more regulars would be nice. The server is typically restarted once every 8-12 hours for stability purposes. I try to have a long daytime / short night-time day cycle if at all possible, but chances are if you're on the east coast, it'll be day time more often than not when you're playing. However, more often than not the server is running in UTC - 6. Performance is great. Not much server desync at all, unless you count the desync on the hive's end of the chain. But that's unavoidable. Very quick load-in times, and very rarely any crashes. I always announce restarts and give 10 minute warnings to get to a safe place or safe any tents, etc. Try it out if you'd like.

:)

we from the uk so we tend to play at night times meaning we look for US servers to play on for daytime servers. we looking for a steady server to play on so we shall try yours!

Please turn crosshairs in 3dp OFF.

Please turn crosshairs in 3dp OFF.

atleast crosshairs and nametags, 3DP is loved by many even if not myself

do you know if there is any clans using it as home server? we have just started a war on a european server against a stronger foe so might have to retreat if it goes bad.

Glad to hear you ended up getting the server, Kfield. I've been working a lot lately and sadly have had really no time to devote to DayZ. That should be changing soon, and I should have more time to play. I left without saying anything but ya know, real life over games. I'm logged out near the old campsite with an M24 and a saw, yea I haven't played in THAT long. Checking out your server now. I still got the TS3 info just feel weird leaving for weeks then coming back out of nowhere :blush: Take it easy. - hashy

Edited by Friendlyincherno

Me and a pal I play with have been looking for a server to call "home". Im going to play here for a bit and see how it goes. Anyone else looking to team up here on this server and possibly start a small group or clan?

You guys have a helicopter? Was in the woods near goglovo and heard a helicopter going right over my head, thought it was a hacker and i was about to get kamikazi'd. The server then restart about 30 minutes later. Was getting desync earlier, is that why the server is offline? Hope my tent saved >.<

From the UK, normally play at night so needed a server so play a lot, joined this one, barely any lag (Some to be expected being from the UK) and quick load-up, see you have a clan in there which me and my cousin would like to join (I know I'm new to the forums but I've played DayZ for around a month and know most of the needed knowledge about the game.

I'll come check it out. Our 'home' OCN Miami server went down on us and wiped for good so we're just floating around right now.

And ignore those who tell you to change your server settings (there is a server browser with filters for that exact reason).

You guys have a helicopter? Was in the woods near goglovo and heard a helicopter going right over my head, thought it was a hacker and i was about to get kamikazi'd. The server then restart about 30 minutes later. Was getting desync earlier, is that why the server is offline? Hope my tent saved >.<

Yeah, the server actually crashed. It happened twice yesterday. Myself or another admin will always announce an intended restart 10 or 15 minutes before hand allowing people to get somewhere safe, or save tents if they happen to be near them. Wasn't happy when it went down, to say the least...but I can't complain all that much as the server performance has been rather good coming from Vilayer.

Actually, that helicopter was spawned in by a hacker. We don't have a chopper actually, but when the helicopter showed up I checked the logs to be sure. Was 100% definitely spawned in. Caught a nice "createVehicle [uH1H-DZ] script(As well as him spawning an ATV for himself a few times), and promptly banned him. I think it was still flying around, or maybe someone else got it. There were actually a number of hackers on yesterday that were dealt with. Couple of which were invincible and killing people in elektro with thermal AS50s. I guess the server picked a good time to crash because it would of deleted that chopper since from what I know, spawned in vehicles won't save after a restart and despawn.

Edited by KField86

I'll come check it out. Our 'home' OCN Miami server went down on us and wiped for good so we're just floating around right now.

And ignore those who tell you to change your server settings (there is a server browser with filters for that exact reason).

Meh, I hear you. I've toyed with the idea of turning crosshairs off quite a few times actually. Me myself, I'd rather they be off, but I've had multiple requests to leave them on so I guess I'm just giving in to other people's desires lol , but being that the server is low population right now, I'd rather not do anything that could possibly lower the population and let's face it...veteran players aren't going to not join a server simply because it has x-hairs turned on, but a newer player might not come if they are turned off. One thing I'm doing soon as I figure it out is get rid of these damn peripheral spots. I did not enable them and they were there by default, which they shouldn't of been. They'll be gone today hopefully, and then I'm happy with the server. And yeah, no nametags. Ever. Someone else mentioned them so I figured I'd just get that said.

Edited by KField86

Good to hear You're keeping the hackers in check. That server restart around 10 last night made my tent disappear, which I thought was strange. But DayZ goes on, so I'm not stressing it. Great server, with great fps. Have yet to meet anyone on the server yet. Not many people seem to be up North :| Cheers.

I have been playing on US 1313 for a week now enjoying the server already have a camp and a encounter with the admin already :beans:. Its a real good server and has a good connection! I only have troubles finding a vehicle in the game but I guess I am not looking at the right spots.

I would like to inform that nametags are back on in the 1.7.2.5 update and I am not sure if its supposed to be like that. And I can finally find the server in the six launcher and see more people joining the server.

I joined your server but I spawned with nothing, and there are two other people near me standing completely still. o.O Lol

atleast crosshairs and nametags, 3DP is loved by many even if not myself

do you know if there is any clans using it as home server? we have just started a war on a european server against a stronger foe so might have to retreat if it goes bad.

You might see a few people regularly with [HGC] tags. We're part of the Humble Gaming Community. Kevin runs the DayZ section of the HGC. We're not a clan. Just a group of gamers. Not all of us run the [HGC] tags though. No clan's from what I can see have made this server their home server though.

No, nametags are not supposed to be on, actually. I'll have to look at that actually.

Tags should be off now. Don't know how that happened. I edited the .cfg to specifically keep them turned off.

Edited by KField86

Will definetely set up a camp on your server. Nothing better than an admin that checks the logs ;)

I joined your server but I spawned with nothing, and there are two other people near me standing completely still. o.O Lol

Unfortunately it has nothing to do with the server individually. Has everything to do with this new beta and the new dayz patch. Also, the hive was updated from 0.7,2 to 0.7.3 as well which changed some things. A lot of other servers are experiencing problems. I'm almost tempted to roll back.

Also, thanks for the comment about checking logs. I do my best to keep things clean if I can. Sometimes it's impossible though. There's really nothing i can do if some scumbag comes in and clicks his little "Fuck up everything" button which nukes the server. Only thing I can do is do an emergency shutdown and hope for a rollback, but that's a rare case. Also, blurp what encounter was that?

Well it works great now! Hoping to be on often now that I can actually log in haha.

Also, thanks for the comment about checking logs. I do my best to keep things clean if I can. Sometimes it's impossible though. There's really nothing i can do if some scumbag comes in and clicks his little "Fuck up everything" button which nukes the server. Only thing I can do is do an emergency shutdown and hope for a rollback, but that's a rare case. Also, blurp what encounter was that?

The encounter happened on the west side of Pogorevka and Rogovo (or whatever these places are called). I saw you and a HGC member running on a field next to a dead cow and I shot you guys in the back. I was very luckily noticing you guys running on the field because I was heading towards Pogorevka.

It surprised me that you didn't abort with that kind of gear, but thanks for allowing me to pick up your gear and keep up the good admin work really love the server.

I'm going to give this one a try tonight. Anyone trying to be friendly add: UnArmedd on steam.

The encounter happened on the west side of Pogorevka and Rogovo (or whatever these places are called). I saw you and a HGC member running on a field next to a dead cow and I shot you guys in the back. I was very luckily noticing you guys running on the field because I was heading towards Pogorevka.

It surprised me that you didn't abort with that kind of gear, but thanks for allowing me to pick up your gear and keep up the good admin work really love the server.

Hahaha! Oh my god that was you. All of a sudden I hear a Mark 48(or 240) roaring and I go down with what seemed like a headshot, and then duke who I was with gets hit twice and goes down. We don't abort. No matter the gear, as I'm sure you noticed with the items you took off me. Truthfully though, that death was our fault. I was goofing around just pretty much prancing through the field, was actually sniping cows with an AS50 totally giving away my position because I was working on being accurate without the use of a rangefinder (Using mil-dots to accurately acquire your targets distance. Just takes simple math to do in your head). So that's why there was a few dead animals around. I mean, I think at that time there was only 3 or 4 people on the server so I let my guard down completely. As soon as I went down I said to myself "Well, he's going to be happy. That was entirely my fault so I can't even be mad." Do you still have the L85/AS50? I'll have to "reacquire" those items sooner or later, you know. ;)

Definitely was a good shot on your end. I only heard one shot and I was down immediately so you must of nailed me in the chest since my limbs weren't broken but I was unconscious. Then you put 2 more into me on the ground(I had about 2 or 3 seconds to alt f4 but as I said, I heavily frown upon it, and if I have that warning in the MOTD, I sure as hell aint going to do it..lol). There was very little communication between me and duke at that point. I had an idea that I was shot from the east up on that hill in that small woodline, but duke couldn't get eyes on you before he went down. I guess you could say "You had the high ground".

PS: 32 players on right now. Makes me happy. Although, I'm sure the hackers will start showing up. Which means I'm going to be too busy watching my console/logs to even play, :( Sometimes it truly does suck to be an admin. Especially since I can't just go about banning anyone I suspect is cheating.

Unarmed: Hope to see you there.

Edited by KField86
  • Like 1

US 1313 is good fun, pretty stable server and no hacks yet. We even found a chopper last night, had 5 cans of coke in it! Score!