Sign in to follow this  
BOMBCRAZYInc

Making Youtube Videos. need advice.

what program should i use to edit hauppauge hd pvr videos? i dont have tons of money to find some big program maybe if someone could point me toward one that has a free trial.

just pirate sony vegas or after effects. in my opinion, to buy these programs you would need to be exteremey sucessful, becuase sony vegas costs around 700 dollars for a copy... and aftereffects is almost 200 for a copy...

just pirate sony vegas or after effects. in my opinion, to buy these programs you would need to be exteremey sucessful, becuase sony vegas costs around 700 dollars for a copy... and aftereffects is almost 200 for a copy...

Yeah... I agree... But... what the hell type of video file is that?*googles it* You would need to record in .mp4 format to edit in sony vegas. Sony Vegas is very picky about the video/audio formats it likes.

Hi,

I use Dxtory and Sony Vegas Pro 11. Below is an example I've recorded (accessed by link only) in order to see how it looks on Youtube. I've used guides to optimize Dxtory/Sony Vegas Pro 11 for youtube. When recording your game, it's important that what you're recording at matches your ingame resolution, which also matches youtube. The best I've found for this is 1280x720, which is also good for HD on youtube.

Here's a short montage of clips.

*Games in order: BioShock, Borderlands, Team Fortress 2, Dayz.

*Borderlands is laggy because of the graphics requirements

*I didn't optimize Dayz for recording well enough. Now I have.

*Video is meant for 720p (HD)

*Dxtory is also better then fraps, less of a resource hog, many more options for recording.

*Also depends on your system specs, I have 4 processors, and my graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6620G.

Edited by Noise

Yeah... I agree... But... what the hell type of video file is that?*googles it* You would need to record in .mp4 format to edit in sony vegas. Sony Vegas is very picky about the video/audio formats it likes.

Wrong. Very Wrong.