Sign in to follow this  
sainjori

Need advice decreasing load times with my pc. Buying an SSD possibly.

Hello.

I hope this is the right forum section for this question.

Anyway I am thinking about buying an SSD for my pc with i5-2500k intel processor, 560ti gtx, 4gb 1333mhz ram to decrease load times in Dayz and maybe even have a smoother experience.

Can somebody advise me what the effects will be running Dayz on an SSD drive.

Thanks alot.

The load times aren't caused by your PC if all of the various pieces of the puzzle are installed properly.

The load times are a server<----->hive issue.

I have all of this on SSD. On a good server I can be in the game in less than a minute. On a bad server it could take forever, literally.

Do yourself a favor before buying any hardware. Make sure all of dayz/arma2/battleye is installed properly. Then see how fast you can load up on a server that is at the same arma2 beta rev and that reboots itself every 4-6 hours. I think you'll find that loading is fine.

I want to add my experience to this issue now that i have an ssd installed. I dont regret buying it one bit. load times are decrease and i have absolutely no more stuttering in the game. Not even when i am driving a vehicle.

I dont even use the ramdisk option because i dont feel its nesessary now that i have arma II and dayz installed on the SSD.

I hope this is helpful to people having the same issues.

Not that this alle really matters now. I realized the game is severely broken if you leave the coast. Hacks are rampant and i am going to wait for the standalone.

have a nice day

From my experience the load times differ as such:

-not many players: within 20 secs in the game

- a lot of players(30+): wait 5-9mins

Ping affects it a little aswell.

Again,

My expetience only

Upgrading to a quality Solid-state drive will always allow games to load much faster, but zoning into the game, as random51 said, is server related.

I run one too. Load times are decreased and data streaming of Arma is improved too. But as it was already said, the connection to a server will not benefit of it. FPS do not rise.