Sign in to follow this  
FragBox

Funny business on US 1333, not sure if cheats?

Hey all, my friend and I were scrounging for good loot at north eastern airfield last night and we came across two ATV's sitting in the middle of the runway. We loaded both vehicles with stuff and started to drive further north to hide them, that's when the funny stuff happened. We started taking fire from a silenced weapon as we drove, " all I could hear was the suppressed firing and the bullets bouncing off the atv. I hightailed it back to the airstrip but the shots kept coming from behind me almost as if the unknown gunner was teleporting and following me? I honked my horn in victory as I rode past the airfield to freedom but all of a sudden my character had a broken leg was in shock and fell off the ATV and I heard a high pitched ringing noise. I then died shortly after. I don't know what happened exactly but I think this person might have used an exploit to kill me.

I don't know if they were the server owners or just some script kids being dicks but this is quite silly. I had A LOT of gear that took about a week to collect and it was all gone in an instant. To be honest, I probably won't be playing DayZ much anymore because, SURPRISE! it's not the first time I've died under questionable circumstances. Game's in alpha, devs still testing stuff, I get it... but hey, all I'm saying is the hacking is out of control and its making me regret spending the money to buy ARMA II. I know posts like mine have been seen like a million times on this forum but I'm done until something a little more polished comes out and I will be debating ARMA III since the anti-cheat system in these games do more harm than good. I'm not a programmer and I don't know scripting but you would think all this money Bohemia interactive is making from DayZ would make them consider sitting down and doing something on the rampant cheating. This game is fun but I get the feeling nobody cares. Peace and back now to Battlefield III...

More than likely a script kiddie, I've had a few teleport behind me in the last few days. One with a silenced M4A1, and the rest had (naturally) AS50s.

One poor kid didn't know how to turn his god mode on, and I ended up killing him 3 times in a 2 minute span.

You do know that atvs make some kind of metal/mechanical noise right? First time I found it, it sounded as if someone was shooting at me AAAALLL the way from elektro to berez. Most likely that noise was the atv bro. Scared me the first time lol. As for the dying part, idk. You were honking. Might have attracted someone and they took you out.

Edited by Spinager

Wow, so why bother even playing this game legitimately and wasting all that time to collect gear when I can just run a script that obtains all weapons and kill randomly? Starting over is fine, it's part of this game and I've started a new character more times than I can count. But why play fair when others are not? I'm tempted just to script my gear back and move on instead of starting over... This might even be the worst part, I had no idea who was hacking on US 1333 to kill me so I can't even really report him lol.

This doesn't sound like script kiddies.... it sounds like you found 2 ATV's that were placed as a trap and you were ambushed, there may have been multiple people or just one in a very good location, as for you dying the ATV could have exploded by fire or you could have crashed by not paying attention and hitting some rubble pile and then exploding.

• Like 1

You do know that atvs make some kind of metal/mechanical noise right? First time I found it, it sounded as if someone was shooting at me AAAALLL the way from elektro to berez. Most likely that noise was the atv bro. Scared me the first time lol. As for the dying part, idk. You were honking. Might have attracted someone and they took you out.

Well I've handled ATV's before and the sound of bullets cracking past my head was definitely NOT engine noise. My partner was even amazed and said it sounded like someone nearby was spraying our atv's down with an unknown silenced weapon. I didn't die until I went out of range of this guy's shots, honking the whole way to mock him... guessed that made him even more angry.

This doesn't sound like script kiddies.... it sounds like you found 2 ATV's that were placed as a trap and you were ambushed, there may have been multiple people or just one in a very good location, as for you dying the ATV could have exploded by fire or you could have crashed by not paying attention and hitting some rubble pile and then exploding.

Here's the thing, if they were placed as traps we would have been ambushed right away. I've set traps with tents and vehicles before and I definitely do not let the customer drive around collecting gear and joy riding for a half hour before going in for the kill. As for the road, I was on a perfectly paved roadway going around the airfield. I've played a lot of ARMA II multi with friends so I'm pretty veteran when it comes to driving etc. So unless I hit invisible rubble wayyyy north of the airfield out of firing range of most rifles I'm thinking funny business. I've been playing Day Z for quite some time and I can tell when I've been sniped by a skilled marksman and when I've been duped. If this was an elaborate trap of some kind, you would think whoever set it up would be able to kill me with a few shots instead of spraying me down with silenced ammo which is pretty rare to find in the game...

This is the same server where I was teleported as I spent 20 minutes riding a bicycle in the middle of the field. BANG I was spawned in a area faaaaar away where there was like four? cars and trucks with 5 people who shot me dead. this server is horrible for hackers, which I suspect one of the admins may be apart of.