Sign in to follow this  
Riddick (DayZ)

Bandit Skin change issue (all lost)

Date/Time: 01/05/2012

What happened: Bandit skin change, aborted after "Data from Server has been retrieved"

Where you were: Northish of Stary Sobor

What you were doing: Removing a lethal threat ( aka killing a survivor )

*Current installed version: 1.5.2

*Server(s) you were on: DE2

*Timeline of events before/after error:

1. Killed player

2. Black screen

3. Retrieved Data

4. Disconnected/Reconnected

5. BAM

I was forced to lethally remove a threat and thus going below 2 morale, while switching / black screen hit me, It took me long enough so I decided to reconnect after "Data from Server has been retrieved" Now I spawn in the middle of nowhere and have only my special gear like compass and so on. and possibly my backpack.

Exact same thing happened to me. Dev's keep telling us to 'update files' even though all my files are up to date and I've checked and double checked every file.

There is definitely something wrong with survivor-to-bandit transitioning.

Known bug. Working on it. Very sorry that happened.

Fixed now, when 1.5.3 is released. Until then.Turn into bandit (or back), at your peril!

This was version 1.5.3: I turned from a Bandit back into a survivor, my screen went black and I was stuck on the retrieving character data screen or something similar. I aborted and loaded back in and the contents of my backpack had disappeared.

This bug is still happening. Happened to 4 out of 5 in my squad tonight at different times.

Can we just make it so we dont switch skins back and forth during gameplay?

Also can we decrease humanity gain level? It's a mess, having to actively seek survivors out to not switch back to survivor.

Think another big problem is waiting for server response / character data is keeping people black-screened. But the character can still be seen by other players and the character can still move around (player hears the step, but only sees black and the text).

Some sort of bug still happens after 1.5.3, 2x times after this patch, upon changing between the two characters, i've been blackscreened with "waiting for server", i've been able to walk around and shoot, but the black screen never disappeared. When I relog, and i'm stuck in the middle of the ocean. After i read the rest of the forums, if this doesnt get a responce, i'll start a new thread.

Confirming that this isn't fixed. Lost backpack contents changing into and out of bandit skin. Can we just do away with the bandit skin until it's fixed?

Yep, this is still definitely not fixed. Witnessed it happen to two people in game.

Can't really do much as my humanity is @ 2300 and if I login for more than a few minutes it will raise and I'll lose all my gear.

Confirmed shot a guy because i was dieing from malnourishment and dehydration at north west airfield and went straight to the ocean. suggestion to take out the bandit skin might be a good idea seeing as how stuff like this happens, at least until its a little more polished. good work by the way i bought arma2 and oa yesterday to play this mod, so got my moneys worth.

Same here change from bandit to normal last night. Lost everything in my backpack.

Confirmed not fixed as of 1.5.4. A friend turned into a bandit and was teleported to, my guess, 0,0,0 (XYZ) from the NW airfield. Tried relogging and even switching server but he was still there. Lost of all of his stuff swimming back to shore.

Can we just get rid of bandits for now?

Still can't play until this is fixed without losing all my gear.

Yep, went back to survivor from bandit and lost backpack stuff. Immediately when character data screen poped up, you could still check your inventory. Stuff lost. Aborted cause it always stays stuck on cha...data screen.

confirmed that bug is still in game, me and friend both lost contents of alice packbag after changing from bandit to non-bandit

nothing else was lost, so I think the bug is related to packbag content

Man this is driving me nuts. I have had a character on the verge of 2500 humanity (gaining it back) for almost a week. This bug essentially makes it impossible to play unless I want to just start a new character.

I recently turned from bandit to survivor, lost most of my inventory, but not all of it. Lost my primary weapon, AKM with the ammunition, all of my primary inventory except for 2 raw meat. Can't remember if I lost my backpack items. I did not lose my secondary w/ ammo nor any of my survival gear.

This happened to me last night. Went from survivor to bandit and the game locked up. After disconnecting and reconnecting it dumped me out in the ocean and lost all my gear.

Dumb question I'm sure, but is there any way to get a gear and location restore? I'd hate to think 12 hours of play were wasted due to the bug.

Still not fixed. I got black screened right in the middle of a gunfight. I tracked a helicopter down that was landed, I shot one of the guys sprinting for it, ran around the wall to flank the other two and got transformed right in the middle of a fight, I was quite irate when that happened because I really wanted to attempt to steal their helicopter. I disconnected because, sorry, I'm not going to risk myself when I'm getting transformed in the middle of a fight and can't see anything because of the black screened transform. I reconnected to another server and I'm spawned in the middle of the ocean, losing all my gear for yet a third time to a bug.

So two bugs really...

- Bandit transformation in the middle of a gunfight, putting your character in danger while you can't see.

- Bandit transformation spawning you in the middle of the ocean.

To avoid getting teleported in 1.54:

When you turn into a bandit you will stay in the same spot. DO NOT disconnect. When it's done "requesting" etc and is stuck on some other loading screen, move around until it says unsaved:false. Relog. That fixed it for me.