Suicide Mouse

Can we please have wind affecting fires, temp and shots?

Folks. Wind is already implemented since OFP days. Wind affects smoke' date=' your shots, and also in DayZ your temperature.

[/quote']

Would it be possible to add something into the game for snipers so they can see what direction the wind is blowing and the wind speed(Spotters for snipers?)? Also add windsocks at the airfields for that effect as well?

I question this for shots. I shoot 1000 yards IRL. A 1mph wind on a 70F day at sea level will cost you 11 inches with a .308 175gr M118 bullet at 1000 yards. In game I never account for wind and hit dead center of my crosshairs.

I'd like to see some randomness added to the shots as well. A rifle like the CZ is not going to be as accurate as an M24, especially for follow up shots as the barrel warps from heat. A 1MOA rifle is going to deviate randomly ~10" at 1000 yards. The CZ would likely not even be as good as 1MOA while the M24 should probably be considered to be between .25 and .50 MOA, etc.

I would love to see long range shooting be accurate and difficult (as it should be), with scope dope adjusted in fractions of MOA instead of yards.

As well shots taken at targets at different elevations than the shooter should land high.

I think some authenticity is lost currently as long range shooting is not something any fool can pick up any old rifle at a barn and accomplish without practice and understanding. The way it is now leads to a very high in-game long range sniper ratio.

• Like 3

Let's get the 'core' DayZ mod polished first. Then the devs can allows servers hosts the option to load other mods like ACE, or even the DLC (enabling more variety of guns, vehichles, etc) and such once DayZ is out of alpha.

Long range sniping just seems to be deadly accurate at the moment. as long as you get the range right, you will hit the target regardless.(assuming you place the crosshair on the target.)

At the moment, the only things that affect the range at which a sniper can hit a target is, Fog range (you can't hit what you can't see), shaking and maximum range you can set your zeroing at.

There just doesn't seem to be any incentive to get closer to make your shot.

Even if the level of accuracy would be randomized (worse the longer away you are.), it would be better than what we have now, which is silly accurate.

For some reason, I keep thinking this is a Sarajevo 3000 emulator. This is the first time I've mentioned it, since it seems rather insensitive, but the feeling is there. =(

Currently, the clouds always move East. Any chance we can get cloud movement to match current wind direction?

It would seem that the wind is way underpowered or the atmospheric pressure in standard ArmA is almost non-existent then. A mere 1.6kph breeze would blow an M118LR bullet about 23cm off course at 800m under average temperate conditions.

I've never missed by near that much from where I aim in ArmA. I've witnessed no discernable wind drift when shooting.