Sign in to follow this  
Ozelot (DayZ)

how well concealed is a ghillie player in heavy forest?

Nothing funnier than someone in a ghillie confusing it for an invisibility cloak.

Thermo-optic camouflage for the win! Oh wait...

Lame. The game should make your model invisible at longer distances or something. I guess ghillies aren't as valuable as I thought then.

invisible snipers huh

interesting

Like most stated in this post. Long range its useless short range they can seriously take a dump on you.

We played around with the first ghillie we found. I ran in the lead and at some point they lost me. I just dropped myself in the grass right after running through a bush. They walked passed me and were like "wth where are you". Told them to search. After a few minutes my little brother said hed go afk and didnt want too have this B.S. so he sat right infront of me on the ground and went afk for a drink. I looted his backpack to have some more fun :P

My whole group run with ghillies ( around 10 of us ) and we have 3 SVD Camo's also, the sniper's who are carrying the SVD's with the ghillies are practically invisible, and so are the rest of us it's insane how well they work, but if you go running through open fields and someone has a decent sniper rifle and a good shot then you can kiss your ass goodbye.

Grass dissappear at a distance so you see him very clearly, but if someone is near you looking for you in hte grass it can be quite hard.

Sometimes when my squad regroup after i have given overwatch, they sometimes run right past me!

Where do you go to get all the sexy shit like ghillies and L85A2s and M4 CCO SDs and snipers and NVGs and GPSs and so on?

Where do you go to get all the sexy shit like ghillies and L85A2s and M4 CCO SDs and snipers and NVGs and GPSs and so on?

Military spawns, Ghillies can spawn in the restaurants in cherno and electro also

Sucks that you can't hide in the grass since it dissapears for players if they're far away.

No. You will disappear. Arma only renders the part of you that would visible above the grass. When your prone. That would be your head.

The best concealment is changing your face to a zombie, getting your hands on a soldierclothing, droping your backpack and primary, carrying a small sidearm like a M9 and crawling around the barracks in NWAF, just waiting til you see a survivor trying to loot them and thinking you're a zombie.

Edited by MeowMeow