bankst3r

The Myth of Green Mountain

I know you guys won't believe me. Certainly I wouldn't believe me if I hadn't experienced it myself. I was trying to find something about Green Mountain on this board but there was nothing specific. Only rumours or jokes. I don't know why there isn't anything real about this because if I have experienced it there must be others too who are playing for quite a while. My guess is the mods are deleting those topics and posts which get specific about Green Mountain because they don't want to let others spoil the experience. I was really struggeling with the decision if I should post it here but what if the mods just delete my topic.

@Mods: I promise I won't go into detail just describe my experience. Please do not delete this topic.

After hearing those rumours about Green Mountain I had decided to check it out last night and see what's behind it. Actually I was thinking people were just joking and there was nothing to Green Mountain, just a myth. So I went there during the night and as expected nothing happened. The place is creepy but that's it. So I thought.

As I am quite new to DayZ I always crouch walk or crouch because of the fear some other survivor might see me or I might run into Zeds. So it was quite late when I arrived there. Therefore I decided to log off at Green Mountain. Today I logged in, it was again night time. I prefer to play during the night if I want to visit the big cities for loot. As I was getting ready to leave for Cherno I heard a moan and immediately lay down. It sounded like a Zed and it was really dark. I made a 360 and looked for the Zed but I couldn't see him. Another odd thing, the moan sounded different than what you usually hear from them. I thought the moan came from the tower but I couldn't see anybody. So I crouched over to the tower and the moaning came definitely from up there. This could only mean there must be a survivor up there and the Zed followed him. As we know they can climb ladders if they are hunting survivors.

I was trying to decide if I should go up there and risk getting killed by the survivor. One Zed shouldn't be a problem but a survivor could mean death. I said what the heck. Maybe he is friendly and also looking into the myth of Green Mountain. And if I got killed who cares I didn't have any special gear. So I went up there and there was nobody. No survivor and no Zed. You could still hear the moaning as you were right next to the Zed. So just a bug which resulted into the myth of Green Mountain. Nothing special but still nice I thought. Then I climbed down...man you guys won't believe how I was screaming. Ok, it wasn't really a scream it was more like "huhuuuuuhunfgggg". The "fgggg" was supposed to be a f*ck but it didn't came out that way. It was such a shock that I immediately rolled back with my chair and almost hit the wall. That was really scary as hell and once I got to my senses I turned off the speakers and cursed like a sailor...no wait more like a twelve year old douche during breaktime at school who just wants to impress his fellow douches.

As promised I won't spoil it for you. Actually I am surprised nobody else has spoiled it yet because we all know there are dickheads out there who spoil it just to rob you of the experience. Or maybe somebody has but I haven't read it yet. But my guess is the mods are deleting those topics and posts. Hopefully they won't delete mine. Because I really want to know if there are others who have experienced it. There must be!

Probably It isn't necessary that everytime you go there something is bound to happen. During the first night nothing happened while I was there. Other survivors went there and they also didn't see anything suspicious.

One thing is certain, I will upgrade my PC and buy fraps so I can run it the whole time while playing. I would kill to have recorded the whole incident and (rocket, pls don't hit me) probably even post it on youtube.

However, I think this is a easter egg by courtesy of Rocket and the devs. A big fat easter egg from a prehistoric bunny.

So, anybody out there who was as scared and surprised as I am now?

PS: I seriously love this game! If the alpha is so frikkin amazing I can't imagine how the final will be.

• Like 3

I don't understand what the hell just happened here.

I think you lost the point of your story at Green Mountain

Edited by Kin0
  • Like 2

How do you get around the graphical glitches caused by ambient dead soldiers? This has made it impossible for me to go to any military spawns or anywhere else with dead soldiers (Green Mountain) since I can't see what the hell I'm doing.

Love to know if you found a way to fix the graphics artifacts.

oh NO, NO don’t talk about the green .... i won’t even write it...don’t have the guts..u never talk about the ... damn, u are a brave dude.. :P

Edited by snowcrAsh42
  • Like 2

I suppose aliens and/or monster spiders were involved at some point.

How do you get around the graphical glitches caused by ambient dead soldiers? This has made it impossible for me to go to any military spawns or anywhere else with dead soldiers (Green Mountain) since I can't see what the hell I'm doing.

Love to know if you found a way to fix the graphics artifacts.

I think that is actually cased by barbed wire fencing, they populated a whole lot more since the patch,

I think that is actually cased by barbed wire fencing, they populated a whole lot more since the patch,

I was thinking it was barbed wire as well. In fact I'm sure the barbed wire causes it, but I'm starting to think that dead soldiers create problems too.

Either way, I can't go to Green Mountain any more because of whatever is causing the glitch, and if the OP managed to fix it it would be great if he'd share how.

Encouraging others to go to that mountain? That's the worst kind of griefing imaginable.

been there done that and nothing special about that place during my trip. And if there is well either man up and tell everyone or please shut up about it

One does not simply walk into evergreen moutain..

been there done that and nothing special about that place during my trip. And if there is well either man up and tell everyone or please shut up about it

Damn you're brave.

On every server I play on, I now take a few minutes to make lots of little map markers all around Green Mountain that say 'stay away', 'stay away' 'stay away' 'stay away'.

Then right in the middle, right on the tower, I make one more. "COME HERE".

• Like 5

oh NO, NO don’t talk about the green .... i won’t even write it...don’t have the guts..u never talk about the ... damn, u are a brave dude.. :P

PLEASE listen to this guy!

I'm fairly certain it's the soldier corpses. I haven't seen barbed wire cause it, but every soldier corpse turns into a jagged flesh tree. Once you get close to the corpse, it stops doing it... so it seems to be a mesh error with one of the LOD models. If you pay attention to the colors, you'll see that they are all colors present on the soldier corpses, greens and flesh colors, which are not present on barbed wire.

bdw.. did u know that even DayZ dev team avoids coding on ... that mountain ..

Can someone please close this topic ? I have to go to work tomorrow, i just cannot read about "the place we don't talk about" again.

• Like 1

I know you guys won't believe me. Certainly I wouldn't believe me if I hadn't experienced it myself. I was trying to find something about Green Mountain on this board but there was nothing specific. Only rumours or jokes. I don't know why there isn't anything real about this because if I have experienced it there must be others too who are playing for quite a while. My guess is the mods are deleting those topics and posts which get specific about Green Mountain because they don't want to let others spoil the experience. I was really struggeling with the decision if I should post it here but what if the mods just delete my topic.

@Mods: I promise I won't go into detail just describe my experience. Please do not delete this topic.

After hearing those rumours about Green Mountain I had decided to check it out last night and see what's behind it. Actually I was thinking people were just joking and there was nothing to Green Mountain, just a myth. So I went there during the night and as expected nothing happened. The place is creepy but that's it. So I thought.

As I am quite new to DayZ I always crouch walk or crouch because of the fear some other survivor might see me or I might run into Zeds. So it was quite late when I arrived there. Therefore I decided to log off at Green Mountain. Today I logged in, it was again night time. I prefer to play during the night if I want to visit the big cities for loot. As I was getting ready to leave for Cherno I heard a moan and immediately lay down. It sounded like a Zed and it was really dark. I made a 360 and looked for the Zed but I couldn't see him. Another odd thing, the moan sounded different than what you usually hear from them. I thought the moan came from the tower but I couldn't see anybody. So I crouched over to the tower and the moaning came definitely from up there. This could only mean there must be a survivor up there and the Zed followed him. As we know they can climb ladders if they are hunting survivors.

I was trying to decide if I should go up there and risk getting killed by the survivor. One Zed shouldn't be a problem but a survivor could mean death. I said what the heck. Maybe he is friendly and also looking into the myth of Green Mountain. And if I got killed who cares I didn't have any special gear. So I went up there and there was nobody. No survivor and no Zed. You could still hear the moaning as you were right next to the Zed. So just a bug which resulted into the myth of Green Mountain. Nothing special but still nice I thought. Then I climbed down...man you guys won't believe how I was screaming. Ok, it wasn't really a scream it was more like "huhuuuuuhunfgggg". The "fgggg" was supposed to be a f*ck but it didn't came out that way. It was such a shock that I immediately rolled back with my chair and almost hit the wall. That was really scary as hell and once I got to my senses I turned off the speakers and cursed like a sailor...no wait more like a twelve year old douche during breaktime at school who just wants to impress his fellow douches.

As promised I won't spoil it for you. Actually I am surprised nobody else has spoiled it yet because we all know there are dickheads out there who spoil it just to rob you of the experience. Or maybe somebody has but I haven't read it yet. But my guess is the mods are deleting those topics and posts. Hopefully they won't delete mine. Because I really want to know if there are others who have experienced it. There must be!

Probably It isn't necessary that everytime you go there something is bound to happen. During the first night nothing happened while I was there. Other survivors went there and they also didn't see anything suspicious.

One thing is certain, I will upgrade my PC and buy fraps so I can run it the whole time while playing. I would kill to have recorded the whole incident and (rocket, pls don't hit me) probably even post it on youtube.

However, I think this is a easter egg by courtesy of Rocket and the devs. A big fat easter egg from a prehistoric bunny.

So, anybody out there who was as scared and surprised as I am now?

PS: I seriously love this game! If the alpha is so frikkin amazing I can't imagine how the final will be.

Now you absolutely have to tell us what did you see or ehat did happenover there?!? I had my spooky and scary moment over there, but it was nothing I could see... Read about it from my post:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/57907-weird-stuff-happening-at-green-mountain/#entry552209

I actually hesitate to go back there, I'm curioous but would my heart take that kind of scary moment? Most likely not.

So please, tell me/us, post huge spoiler warnings on your post but Pretty please, tell the rest of the tale!

On every server I play on, I now take a few minutes to make lots of little map markers all around Green Mountain that say 'stay away', 'stay away' 'stay away' 'stay away'.

Then right in the middle, right on the tower, I make one more. "COME HERE".

I'm going to start messing with maps.

HAHA :lol: , I'm at Green Mountain right now! And theres absolutely nothing here to be worried about you guAHHHHHHHHHHhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhHHHHH!!!.......*gawk*........

Edited by Jony_RocketInMyPocket
  • Like 2