zild1221

Do the Dev's Ever Respond?

I purchased a server a few days ago now. I contacted the dev's, via the three emails provided (and pm), about three days ago. I have not heard anything back yet sadly. I really want to get the server going, as it was fairly expensive.

So do they respond?

They're incredibly busy and drowning with requests. I also have been trying to get another server up but have not had any replies yet either. Just be patient. You can keep sending emails, but it won't make them answer any quicker. Best thing I can recommend is maybe try and get them on IRC, but pretty sure everyone is flooding them there too.

Piss, I wish they'd respond to my thread about cheat detection. I know I could knock out at least a basic unobtrusive system in a few days given access to some server logs.

Do you need some type of specific access that a server host cannot give you? I don't think rocket is going to be giving out hive logs to a random stranger. However if the logs you need are located on the game server end, I could provide you a small (8 slot) server to test with.

I'd love game server logs and one to test with. I don't know how much is stored with hive and how much is local, so anything to start is good.

I've already knocked out the generic detection system... really all that's left is the implementation for DayZ's logging format and player tracking across multiple servers for the more elusive cheating.

I'm very interested in help to help them. We need better anticheat!

Also, simple edits to the HIVE logs might be able to render them useful for developing an anticheat without compromising their security, though I have no idea what their format is like so I can't speculate too far on that.

Just resend the email and i will see about setting you up.

~~Rob M.

Resent the email to the devteam email. Thanks for the response.

I also resent the email as I have been waiting for 3 weeks!!!

I would very much be honored to host this mod, but it seems like a long wait. I just don't want to see the multiple servers I have to sit empty and unused.

Johnny

I have been waiting a week, sent 1 email a day, I finally got a reply and all it said was the server requirements... I am just watching the dollar signs float away. Sad Face.

Honestly, who is getting a response? I've been waiting over a week as well and I've tried to be fairly respectful and minimize my contact with the team and whining on the forums. Patience is a virtue, I figure.

But I guess I should start a thread begging and pleading for a response? :|

Honestly' date=' who is getting a response? I've been waiting over a week as well and I've tried to be fairly respectful and minimize my contact with the team and whining on the forums. Patience is a virtue, I figure.

But I guess I should start a thread begging and pleading for a response? :|

[/quote']

I got a fast response from Rob earlier today.

This is what our current inbox looks like.

110 Unread emails. We respond to 30, 50 more pop up. There are only a total of around 3-5 of us that are doing these server requests. Around 5-15 servers get deployed each day because of the time it takes for us to get in contact with the host to get everything setup and ready to go.

Is there a chance that in the future you will have more staff that only handle server inquiries?

110 Unread emails. We respond to 30' date=' 50 more pop up. There are only a total of around 3-5 of us that are doing these server requests. Around 5-15 servers get deployed each day because of the time it takes for us to get in contact with the host to get everything setup and ready to go.

[/quote']

Last email I received stated my IP and servername was sent to be white listed. I'm assuming they are backed up as well? Whoever does that part?

110 Unread emails. We respond to 30' date=' 50 more pop up. There are only a total of around 3-5 of us that are doing these server requests. Around 5-15 servers get deployed each day because of the time it takes for us to get in contact with the host to get everything setup and ready to go.

[/quote']

Why not try and get more people to help you guys? I'm sure there's plenty of people who would be willing to help.

[/quote']

I understand that portion of it and it's why I've been patient, but it seems like the people who are haranguing you folks are getting a faster response.

I understand you're prioritizing "larger hosts", too, and I'm willing to wait as long as it stops appearing like being impatient about it lets you cut in line.

Would you rather people send you one email and wait their turn, or send you 3-5 emails a day so you know they really want it? :huh:

=[ I re-sent the email very soon after he requested it. Sadly, no response back. If any admins read this again, look for an email from evan.madore@gmail.com .

On another note, I would be willing to take an hour out of my spare time per day to help you guys if you want. I'm sure that would be enough extra man power to respond to a lot of emails every day.

=[ I re-sent the email very soon after he requested it. Sadly' date= no response back. If any admins read this again, look for an email from evan.madore@gmail.com .

On another note, I would be willing to take an hour out of my spare time per day to help you guys if you want. I'm sure that would be enough extra man power to respond to a lot of emails every day.

I also emailed them volunteering. Many times. A lot of us have. They never responded.

They have thousands of emails...they are working hard to keep up with them

Well, one last bump. I know the dev's are busy, but if your that busy, take all of the offered help into consideration.

By the time my server finally gets approved, it will be time to pay for another month. I was hoping to build it up early enough to get a few donations to offset the cost a bit for the next month. =[

Anyone reading this, I would advise you get the dev's approval BEFORE you purchase a dedicated server.

Hoping to hit the devs at a good time for them...I have a group of people bugging me to have somewhere where they can put there tents up and come back to.