Archeryguy

Starting scenarios

Why not have multiple starting scenarios , for example: A police officer with a m9 and a uniform who spawns in a city, a hunter with a sniper rifle, hunting knife, etc. who spawns in the forest, or a farmer who starts near a barn with a shotgun, a hiker with survival equipment and a large pack, a soldier who spawns next to a helicopter crash site, etc.

Edited by Archeryguy

I would only choose the soldier everytime. I kinda like this idea, but I don't at the same time.

No no no no no. Once more... for fuck sake NO.

This idea has been suggested a million times and the answer is still no.

Its a terrible idea because everyone would just pick soldier. Classes and playtypes do NOT belong in this game.

Well of course it would have to be random; but I think that it would add to the re-playability of game. Instead of starting out every time with the same supplies etc., each game is different.

Edited by Archeryguy

I actually like this idea.

But then I think, Farmer: Common, Soldier: Rare, Hiker: Uncommon, Hunter: Rare, Police Officer: Uncommon

Just saying, but I like it. Btw, what I mean with Common and rare etc. thats what the spawn thing is, idk how to say it in English,

im from the Netherlands.

I think there should be one premise that leaves the player starting with only the clothes on their back, spawning with guns would take a considerable amount of survival gameplay away. I was thinking that a cruise ship is making it's way around the Mediterranean when the infection becomes rampant and a storm hits or heli crashes into the ship which would explain why all the players spawn on the coast. Don't know why a cruise ship would ever be in the vicinity of Chernarsus though lol.

Very scenic. Take the Green Mountain Ghost Tour!

I'm not a fan of classes, even if they're just basic starting gear. Also, it doesn't make sense that a hunter would have been out hunting for the duration of the apocalypse and only left his deer stand now.

It would be more like an accelerated start, I guess. You always start up and get an Enfield and make your way to the hills around Chernogorsk, so why not let people start in the hills with an Enfield? I'll tell you why. For the same reason Terran players don't start with 9 SCVs and a Supply depot at their ramp: Just because the first few minutes of gameplay are often the same, that doesn't mean it's okay to skip them. There are alternatives to the usual start, obviously, but also remember that the other players are counting on you starting at the coast with a light. If I beat a bandit near a heli site, I don't want to wonder, "Is he going to pick the soldier class and spawn right in my pocket?"

And of course, if it's random, it'll be just like the spawn points: People will commit mass suicide until they get teh spawn profile they want.