Sign in to follow this  
Spades (DayZ)

Trying to get a new server running - Vilayer

Hey I am trying to get a new server up and running. The server is hosted by vilayer. I've followed all the instructions on doing the update installs, and updated the information in server.cfg.

Here are the issues, I am worried maybe the server was not installed correctly as the log shows some errors when it starts. I am more worried the server does not yet have a instance ID, under instance ID in the ACP is just says readme..

I am one of the server admins, and not the primary one so there maybe direction that were sent to the primary admin which he then ignored. So help and advice is appreciated.

Not sure if I can be much help or not as I run a dedicated server, but if you want to post the errors that you're seeing in the logs I'll do my best.

Just give it time. They have to get an instance ID for you and then they'll apply it. Mine took 30 minutes to an hour to get. Just keep checking the instance ID every few minutes to see if they've done it yet.

Just noticed something odd, the ARMA2OASERVER.RPT seems to be the only log file updating. It is logging a few unrecongized CfgVehicle simulations.

Under the dayzserver.log it hasn't been updated since last night but the last line shows texture headers file was not created - no textures found.

Snaggle the server was purchased yesterday and we've had access to the ACP since then but no instance ID yet.

Trying to join just continues to result in waiting for host. Even on six launcher it just says wait. I've had a ticket in on the vilayer site and I am chilling in their vent. I just wish I knew if it was my end or theirs.

Snaggle the server was purchased yesterday and we've had access to the ACP since then but no instance ID yet.

If you don't have an instance ID yet I don't believe the server will start correctly. The instance ID (As I understand it) links your server to the HIVE and comes directly from the dev team.

Might want to contact Vilayer about the instance ID? Its possible they haven't received one or just haven't updated the files yet.

• Like 1

Hi,

We rented a vilayer server a couple days ago, we installed the 1.7.2.4 update & have done nothing else, the server popped up on sixlauncher about an hour later. We also noticed the errors, but it runs fine.

• Like 1

Yea just sit in their TS until you get to talk with one of them. It seems they either ran out of instance IDs and haven't gotten more or missed your server. You likely just have to check with them.

• Like 1

Im having similar issues with this, its been about 3 days now, and still nothing. They finally got the server up last night, but still unable to join it or even find it on sixlauncher or via IP in game. Currently watigin ina dead TS channel, and have about 15 hours waiting for a ticket to be responded to with the current issue. I've gotten better responses from the johnny fellow on the board here than I have from anyone in their actual tech support area, but I think he's more of a Sales type guy and can't really help with much of this. Feeling a bit disgruntled at this point, as they instantly took the payment and its been 3 days now and still unable to play.

Just got a server with Vilayer, instance ID also says readme so im assuming its waiting for one. When i join the server it says waiting for host, so im also assuming this is the instance ID problem. must have to wait for them to get more.

If you do not have an instance ID, your server will not work.

With respect, your issue is with Vilayer, who has a support chatroom via Teamspeak. You should go and talk to them. No one here can help you.

With respect. We used this forum for dayz servers to discuss the matter betwen ourself...... As you Can see the op named the topic so that u should know what ur reading about before u enter it..... If u dont want to Read and discuss/commit/help the topic, then by all means, dont.

I meant nothin ill with this but it is à forum for dayz. And à topic about problems with à server provider is relevant:)

Same problem here....no instance ID and waiting in Vilayer support TS to find out how long before I might get it:(