Adoran

Banned for Nazi Nicks possible?

Yes, your pictures show a flag with "SS" in german Nazi runes. And some fathers or grandfathers of theses smartass guys lost their life to the SS.

Super Saiyan! Kamehamehamhemmmeheheha

You call the "Scout Sniper (MOS 0317, formerly 8541) is a secondary MOS (Military Occupational Specialty) designator of U.S. Marine Corps infantrymen and reconnaissance Marines that have successfully graduated from a USMC Scout Sniper School" the 10 years old who did not study in school and have no knowledge in history?

Thank you, God for sending somebody with common sense.

And for everybody else that lacks historical knowledge, the symbols, known as siegrunes, are from an ancient religion and are not necessarily signs of Nazism.

And for everybody else that lacks historical knowledge, the symbols, known as siegrunes, are from an ancient religion and are not necessarily signs of Nazism.

Er, no.

The Siegrune ϟ is an entirely novel rune devised by the successor movement of the romantic nationalists. It's quite likely derrived, like the hook-cross, from earlier sources, in this case the germanic rune alphabets.

In the case of the Swastika-derrived hook-cross, you could argue that it has been used in other contexts, in the case of the Siegrune, you cannot. The Siegrune is an exclusive sign of populist racist movements of the early 20th century.

As for the question of this thread, given the background, I would personally favour banning them, if only to comply with German laws on the matter (which my servers are subject to). This doesn't mean I'd ban anyone who has the letters SS in his name, but calling yourself Adolf Hitler is, at the very least, problematical.

Edited by jwiechers

Yes, i'm sure that these soldiers on the photo thought of an ancient religion when making this flag. So did these Nazi guys on this server. No doubt about it.

I personally have it in the MotD on my server saying that inappropriate and offensive names earn a kick, recurrence will be banned. Occasionally I have to hand out a kick when I´m online and see something, but so far nobody actually came back with the same name. If anybody wants to complain, I´ll post the respective log showing the login with the name and sorted.