Sign in to follow this  
MajorBIdoh

2 Weeks of Being a Server Admin...

I have never in my life been actively targeted and killed by hackers just for trying to admin our server. We actually pay money to rent our server and what happens? People hack in vehicles, can teleport, give themselves extra guns or ammo; even ones that aren't in the game.

I seem to have no power what so ever to find out who these people are and there seems to be little done about it. Every time I get on global comms to say "Sorry we have a hacker, restart in ..." I get killed. often I just melt into the ground. Im sick of it. there is no point in being an admin in this game as it only gets you killed, in my experience.

I absolutly loved this game before we got a server and tried to convince my clan to rent one and now we have to restart every 5 mins because some new cock end has spawned 5 more helicopters. Everyone is getting thoroughly frustrated by the lack of options - all i can do is restart the server and then the nob heads just rejoin. Except lowering the difficultly to see name tags, i see no way of identifying these cunts.

As I am writing this 2 members of my clan have told me someone has just teleported next to our tents and killed them. We had a guard on sentry watching the whole place. I know a sneak attack is possible but the amount of times this occurs is frequent and is getting really fucking annoying.

Does battle eye actually do anything? To me it seems like punkbuster, a pile of shite. If the game has been out 2 years and battleeye still cant get it right then maybe that just shows how shit battleeye is.

Please sort these hackers out, or give me logs to go through so i can determine who has done what.

Because at the moment most servers are now administered by hackers now as they have more power than the people who PAY RENT for the server and this is taking the piss.

It is fairly obvious that BattleEye is not working. At best it flags the hackers for a later ban.

• Like 1

I've been considering getting a server, but posts like this are making me double think it. I don't want to lock the servers because the pvp from people outside my guild is fun, but this hacker issue seems to be more of a pain in the ass than it's worth. Seems like you spend more time messing about with hackers than you spend playing.

IF you are renting a server from a host such as vilayer, hfb, or altitude, it is up to them to allow you access to the files/logs for you to download/parse/go through.

I was renting from HFB but the lack of control of the server/files themselves drove me to rent out an actual box and now it is MUCH easier to catch hackers. Some great tools have been created for admins to use in catching hackers.

DayZ Radar is one that works great. I can literally see the hacker on the build in map, teleporting to players and killing them as the hackers line zig zags around, and the players he "cuts off" with death either die or log from the server ending their line on the graphical map. So then I know who to ban from my server.

Renting from a bloated company hoster for DayZ hosting only comes with no power, and no control other than taking the server down, or restarting it. Worth 30-40$ a month right?

I know how you feel, but no one can truely change all this BS with the hackers except the Devs themselves.

• Like 1

Battleye is good, but Arma is open to scripts which seem to do this. Until BI patches this, we can't really do anything until DayZ becomes standalone

I absolutly loved this game before we got a server and tried to convince my clan to rent one and now we have to restart every 5 mins because some new cock end has spawned 5 more helicopters. Everyone is getting thoroughly frustrated by the lack of options - all i can do is restart the server and then the nob heads just rejoin. Except lowering the difficultly to see name tags, i see no way of identifying these cunts.

Check your logs. Do some investigation. Then ban him.

Where do you get DayZ radar?

Rumor went around that it was malicious hence the DayZmod Staff removed it from the forums.

Yeah the DayZ Radar situation is unfortunate.

It would be an invaluable tool in the current state of the alpha for server admins.

But unfortunately....can't use it...so we're mostly stuck trying to visualize what is going on by cross comparing three very obtuse log files at the same time.

Edited by semipr0

Just started my server and man these logs are messy, going to get coding something to tidy them up and make them in one place