Sign in to follow this  
spankimus

Illegitmate ban?

I was just banned from a server for "Illegal weapon detected". From my understanding... this is not a bannable offense? Didn't even have the thing for very long. Was just gonna toss it. I'm not much for condoning hacking, and ,imo, keeping an illegal weapon definitely condones it.

No I did not spawn the weapon in.

Yes! Finally, a chance to use my Rocket quote.

You probably want to get rid of it :) Because when the database scans and find you are holding it, you'll be labeled a hacker and your profile perma-corrupted.

• Like 2

But, Rocket also said that it is not bannable?

Maybe it won't ban you, but it would seem that it will make your character forever corrupt.

What does he mean by "corrupt"?

I have no idea. Maybe it means that you will always spawn in the debug plains / middle of the ocean, maybe it means your data won't save, no idea =X

So, at one point he says it's not bannable to pick up and use em... but now it forever corrupts your profile? Heh?

So, at one point he says it's not bannable to pick up and use em... but now it forever corrupts your profile? Heh?

Yeah, I'm worried, I picked up an M4 Holo SD, the SD version isn't in the mod, but it took me awhile to find that out and I eventually ditched it, but only after 2 days and over 8 hours of playing with it, so is my profile going to be corrupted? And if so I'm entitled to know what "corrupted" means.

Edited by FrankDaTank1218

Yes! Finally, a chance to use my Rocket quote.

I just noticed the date on this quote.. it's from 2 months ago. I saw rocket say it's not a bannable offense less than 2 weeks ago I believe.

I just noticed the date on this quote.. it's from 2 months ago. I saw rocket say it's not a bannable offense less than 2 weeks ago I believe.

Ill bet It was either Rocket bluffing to slow hacking down (as hackers work in groups now bc of the 'not bannable rule') OR it was true and was causing too much trouble so they nixxed it.

TLDR Rocket has said that picking up weapons that have been spawned in is not a banable offense. If you were banned demand it be undone in admin abuse section? or they can be black listed (you could have 4 months of gear on their...)

Ill bet It was either Rocket bluffing to slow hacking down (as hackers work in groups now bc of the 'not bannable rule') OR it was true and was causing too much trouble so they nixxed it.

TLDR Rocket has said that picking up weapons that have been spawned in is not a banable offense. If you were banned demand it be undone in admin abuse section? or they can be black listed (you could have 4 months of gear on their...)

If you knew that the weapon was one that wasn't legitimately in the game, you should have never picked it up, or dropped it as soon as you knew.

The statement that Rocket made needs to be expanded upon. If you know or are told that the weapon/vehicle is not legit, don't pick it up/use it, get rid of it ASAP or be removed from the server.

Allowing someone to use a weapon/vehicle that is not legitimate, just because they are not the one that scripted it in is crazy.

• Like 1