Sign in to follow this  
Catscan

Another FPS Problem

Hello DayZ community!

I'm having some trouble with my FPS.

I've done every single "fix" there is; Editing CFG file, setting launch options(-mod=@dayz -nosplash -winxp) and even bought a new motherboard and CPU.

Still i'm at annoyingly low fps, even with all settings on low (Which will make the CPU do most of the work, as i'm told) but with no luck.

My rig:

Motherboard

Maximus IV GENE-Z/GEN3

CPU

Intel core i7-2600k @ 3.40ghz (QuadCore)

Ram

8GB DDR3

GPU

ATI Radeon HD 5700 series (1GB)

Any help is appreciated!

In order of priority:

- Resolution has the biggest impact on performance. If you don't mind everything looking a bit blocky, reduce your resolution whilst maintaining the same aspect ratio. For example, I have a 1920 x 1200 screen, so that's 16:10 ratio. If I were to reduce my resolution, 1280 x 800 would maintain the same aspect ratio, so the image wouldn't become deformed.

- Anti-aliasing also kills performance on cards that lack sufficient bandwidth for it - mostly built-in graphics cards (Nvidia put M on the end of the model, AMD call them 'Mobility', e.g. GTX 460M and Radeon 5650 Mobility). Turn it off if you're having FPS problems.

- Reduce the draw distance. It's intensive on the processor and the graphics card, no matter what model you have.

- There's a huge amount of clutter in Arma 2, and everything has its own shadow (except grass). That's a lot of calculations to be done. Reduce the detail in shadows, especially if you're using a built-in graphics card.

- Texture resolution will rarely affect performance now-a-days, unless you've got a graphics card with less than, say, 512 MB, and a very slow hard drive. Texture quality should be the last thing to be toned down if you're having performance problems.

• Like 1

Resolution is now at 1280 x 800.

Anti-aliasing is disabled.

Draw distance is lowered.

Shadows are disabled.

Texture is set to very high.

I'm still having poor FPS - Could it be my GPU that is bottlenecking? Or maybe my harddisk?

I believe this is a hardware problem, since i've tried every other ideas with none or little result.

Any setting on medium or lower will use the CPU.

Your GPU should be enough for a decent performance.

Dobblecheck the 3d-res is same or lower than normal res.

Edited by DayZisMySandbox