Sign in to follow this  
Tsyn

Unofficial servers 'hack proof'

So myself and my group got tired of the script kiddies so we started looking around. A buddy found a Reddit post about a non-hive group of servers that are 'hack proof'. We were intrigued about the idea after losing several vehicles, choppers, items and suits to mindless fucks that download scripts. Almost every day we'd re-acquire what we'd lost the day before but we'd end up losing it again...

So after almost three days of playing on these non-hive servers, we've yet to encounter any sort of cheating. We've already been in a few intense engagements and only had one person Alt F4 on us (isn't that impressive? :D). We've got a chopper, quite a few vehicles, and ghillie suits (still lacking nvgs :c). By this time, we would've already been teleported, bombed or dropped from a kilometer in the air. Have we? No.

So I guess this post is saying that the 'official' servers aren't worth a fuck. The rules, regulations and requirements are actually supporting the scripters. These 'private servers' are full proof that DayZ is capable of having less cheaters if the right effort is given.

I'm very happy and if anyone is wanting to join, feel free to investigate at Rinaun. Like I said we've yet to have any issues with cheaters in any way.

• Like 2

Good for you. Fight the man!

However now that you have made it public you should expect an onslaught of hackers, oops sorry, children coming your way.

Good Luck

The only reason it is hack proof is because it is private, now that you posted however...

Have fun with the hackers bro and next time you find a private room don't post a link.

Edited by RedLlama

Unofficial servers are just as vulnerable for hackers as official servers.

They run the same script, they run the same BattleEye, they run the same ArmA and Beta Patches.

All the loopholes are still there.

You know why you don't get hackers?

For the same reason there are no viruses for MacOS, because it's such an insignificant part of the market that any effort to develop a hack for it (or in Private Servers' case, get the password for it) is just not worth the effort.

• Like 5

They run the same script, they run the same BattleEye, they run the same ArmA and Beta Patches.

For the same reason there are no viruses for MacOS, because it's such an insignificant part of the market that any effort to develop a hack for it (or in Private Servers' case, get the password for it) is just not worth the effort.

Smart guy here.

Nothing is hack proof.

They can't even make it hack proof.

The underlying engine still has to be arma 2.

Hmmmmm what does that tell us...

Yep, hackers inbound soon enough.

And if just to proof that they CAN.

So, you want to play on a service provided by liars and thieves.

clap.....clap....clap

Honestly I laughed when people said it's just un-hackable because its private yet it was started on reddit, I mean if I WANTED to get hacked I would list my server on reddit. So maybe there is something to it? or maybe not.

Either way I'm not comfortable with the state of hackers in this game as is and with no plans or even any idea as to how to stop them (we are told) I don't know why everyones acting snobby towards the OP. If it works for him good on em, but I fail to see how it would NOT get hacked if it was posted on REDDIT come on now...think.

Edited by Gambles

The reason it doesn't have hackers is because the person can actually access what he needs to write unique scripts. The way these work have been publicized and have been used by other servers. There are threads of these script kiddies attempting to use scripts on these servers to no success.

Smart guy here.

Thanks, I do appreciate the compliments.

Nothing is hack proof.

They can't even make it hack proof.

The underlying engine still has to be arma 2.

Hmmmmm what does that tell us...

Yep, hackers inbound soon enough.

And if just to proof that they CAN.

So, you want to play on a service provided by liars and thieves.

clap.....clap....clap

Liars and theives? Makes little to no sense. And obviously nothing is hack proof, which is why it was quoted. It's 'script kiddie proof' would be a better statement.

Honestly I laughed when people said it's just un-hackable because its private yet it was started on reddit, I mean if I WANTED to get hacked I would list my server on reddit. So maybe there is something to it? or maybe not.

Either way I'm not comfortable with the state of hackers in this game as is and with no plans or even any idea as to how to stop them (we are told) I don't know why everyones acting snobby towards the OP. If it works for him good on em, but I fail to see how it would NOT get hacked if it was posted on REDDIT come on now...think.

This server has been running for a few months to my knowledge and they have yet to have a single issue where the cheater was not kicked & banned automatically. Server was posted on Reddit and of course script kiddies tried.

Point of me posting this is so that other folks could come and join if they felt like it. I didn't know about it until a buddy of mine showed me. We've migrated and for quite a few days now we've yet to have any problems. Obviously people like krtshv would disagree because he's been a forum troll since the DayZ forums have been active. Kid must feed off of arguments, but the bottom line is that this is better than official servers.

Liars and theives? Makes little to no sense. And obviously nothing is hack proof, which is why it was quoted. It's 'script kiddie proof' would be a better statement.

how would one stop script kiddies to inject their scripts on the arma 2 engine?

if you know so much about that, give some details - i bet its to difficult to explain...

its still the same engine dayz runs on.

rocket and the guys at BI are trying to stop that shit for a good while now,

and they look more legit than random folks posting crap on reddit.

who goes there and believes what people post there is doomed anyways.

Thanks, I do appreciate the compliments.

[...]

Obviously people like krtshv would disagree because he's been a forum troll since the DayZ forums have been active. Kid must feed off of arguments, but the bottom line is that this is better than official servers.

lol, who's the troll xD

claiming the compliment meant for the guy who you said is a troll.

indeed, very smart. not.

point:

if you want to support dayz at heart, play on official servers. period!

if not, just bugger off...

/thread

Edited by Azrail

how would one stop script kiddies to inject their scripts on the arma 2 engine?

if you know so much about that, give some details - i bet its to difficult to explain...

its still the same engine dayz runs on.

rocket and the guys at BI are trying to stop that shit for a good while now,

and they look more legit than random folks posting crap on reddit.

who goes there and believes what people post there is doomed anyways.

lol, who's the troll xD

claiming the compliment meant for the guy who you said is a troll.

indeed, very smart. not.

point:

if you want to support dayz at heart, play on official servers. period!

if not, just bugger off...

/thread

We've been playing on this unofficial server and I've personally witnessed 4-5 people being automatically kicked because they tried to execute a script. Support DayZ? I bought Arma2, that's enough support for me. It's difficult to support a game that's plagued with cheaters. Sure, i'm a troll. Go to krtshv's content and read some of his posts. 95% them are fucked comments that prove or contribute anything.

Bugger off because I don't feel like playing on servers that I get scripted to death every day? Suck me dry.

Not even sure why I'm arguing with you pricks. Trying to share a server where every other player isn't using scripts to kill people and you fucks freak out because i'm enjoying DayZ again. Meh, I could care less. Get scripted to death, ain't my problem.

Edited by Tsyn

I don't understand... How is playing on a private hive not supporting Day Z? It's not like you're playing a completely different game. You have the same bugs and all. Doesn't finding and reporting these support the game? People playing the game supports it, right? Offering suggestions and whatnot? What they like and don't like? Don't all of these things, in some way, support the game?

Thank you Tsyn, for making these servers known. So far, they're great!

Edited by Dartendal

Are password protected servers better protected from hackers?

No. The same scripts that can run on official servers can run on non-official servers as well.

The hackers just usually don't bother attacking small, meaningless communities of password-locked server.

Getting a password for a server with 5-10 people inside is not worth the 5 minutes of giggles the script kiddie will experience.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is bullshitting you. The private servers use the same engine and same DayZ code as official servers.

No. The same scripts that can run on official servers can run on non-official servers as well.

The hackers just usually don't bother attacking small, meaningless communities of password-locked server.

Getting a password for a server with 5-10 people inside is not worth the 5 minutes of giggles the script kiddie will experience.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is bullshitting you. The private servers use the same engine and same DayZ code as official servers.

I mean if they cannot get onto the server (because they don't have the password) can they still hack it?

I mean if they cannot get onto the server (because they don't have the password) can they still hack it?

Depends who you refer to.

Script kiddies would need to get the password for the server (which isn't that hard), log in and do their crap.

Hackers, however, can hack into the server regardless if they have the password or not, and they don't have to be ingame to cause problems.