Anton17

Standalone, Arma Engine and if you would play DayZ if they separated.

Would you play DayZ on a non-Arma engine?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play DayZ on a non-Arma engine?

• Yes
    • No

I hate the arma2 engine but on the other hand love it. In my opinion the relatively slow controls, not being able to jump and slow animations kinda fits into this kind of game. Its also good that for example using rangefinders to check the distance and then switching back to your sniper to shoot takes a good while, which I've grown to like. Also feels more realistic in a way and more immersive that you cannot move like a pro athletic with a machine gun in your backpack.

dayz in 95% arma 2.

that said, how can we answer, there are so many unknowns. perhaps a better question is, would you refuse to plays dayz on another engine, the answer is probably not. Would it be as good, who knows.

As speculation threads go, it requires as big a flyer in answering as "is there a God".

Don't matter which engine, as long as anything is working correctly! (:

Funny to see how many ppl have absolutely no idea what engine actually is. And yes I would love dayz on a modern engine such as unreal/frostbite 2

• Like 1

Frostbite 2 is totally capable of pulling off DayZ.. bullet drop is already done in BF3 so that's a moot point *whoever mentioned it earlier.

frostbyte cant handle such hughe maps, we all saw this from bf3.. it looks nice yes, but there is a reason why the maps are so damn small..

and dayz will have the arma3 engine, there is no discussion needed, its not possible to port that mod into another different engine, when 95% of the gamplay is from arma itself.

they only need to be standalone, that they can do minor changes in the corefiles without pleasing on arma2.. and can react faster..

even if they need to share their money with bohemia for having the engine or a license at least.. its the only logical step.