Sign in to follow this  
Jacy

weapon customization and attachments

Pretty sure this was mentioned before but it really should be emphasized since weapons play a big role in dayz.

I played dayz and quickly missed some kind of customization since 50% of all players got the same gun (AK/AKM) after some minutes/hours of playing.

I thought of dividing weapons into basic weapon types(like AK/AKM/Enfield/Revolver) and attachments.

If weapons do spawn at certain locations its in vast majority of cases just a basic weapon type (i.e. just the m4), just rarely already with some attachments (i.e. with silencer, so m4 sd).

If you want to customize your weapon you have to find the attachments on you own. They could spawn in military bases or in deer stands... whatever.

Suggestions to attachments could be:

- Scopes (single-red-dot, the AKM Scope thing, different Range Scopes)

- Different mounts needed for special types of scopes.

- Flashlights (different types. professional or military ones and standard ones - maybe being able to attach starting flashlight on weapon if you got a right mount for this)

- Barrels for melee (could be swapped by pressing "F")

- Laserpointer (which could give you some crosshair even if you play on servers which have them turned off)

- Grenade launcher

- Silencer (small ones for pistols, big ones for rifles)

- Magazines (different sizes)

- Magazine clamps (you can carry two mags on your weapon - faster reloading)

- Different Grips (more precision, less recoil)

Of course with restrictions towards types of weapons, i.e. grenade launcher only attachable on m16, no attachments available for revolver, flashlight OR barrel but not both etc.

Nowadays you get lucky or you dont. You find a silenced weapon or a sniper or you dont. I played like 50 hours and never found any sort of silenced weapon.

But as always i have the bad feeling that this is not possible because of the arma2 engine.

In the situation of some zombie apocalypse going on your weapon will become your best friend. With the suggestions above you could built up some personal relationship to your weapon which would fit perfectly in dayz.

dont bump, also, its included in the new arma 3 engine, so when dayz becomes standalone it will be included, so consider your sugestions shot down now and learn to wait.

dont bump, also, its included in the new arma 3 engine, so when dayz becomes standalone it will be included, so consider your sugestions shot down now and learn to wait.

thanks for the reply. you sure dayz will be implemented in arma3 engine?

not sure, i concluded from most of his interviews, also he works for bohemia and he apraises their engine a lot, arma 3 is almost due to launch the same time he also says the standalone will launch

also he works for bohemia

Thats not true i guess (ive heard too many different stories about this so i dont really know whats the truth but as far as i am concerned he WAS working for them when he was in the army).

But it would be great if they would use the arma3 engine. Ive watched some videos from arma3 and it looks pretty nice actually and you truly can see a difference compared to arma2.Cancel

Edited by Jacy