Frozen (DayZ)

Failed weapon nerf.

after messing with patches, i`ve noticed that recent weapon nerf, can be avoided by not installing 1.62 patch.

does this engine fail makes me hacker?

• Like 3

But then you can't play on the servers that require those patches, right?

this video was recorded on the same server. which requires 1.62.95417

Yeah, but people who only know where/how to turn on/off their PC don't think about something that logical.

this video was recorded on the same server. which requires 1.62.95417

Then you simply didn't revert back from 1.62.

Edited by Teiwaz

Then you simply didn't revert back from 95417.

nope, i reverted from 1.62 to 1.60. and 95417 is beta patch, which works with 1.62 and 1.60, and with conjunction with 1.60 it allows you to connect to servers that require 1.62(in game your version is displayed as 1.62.95417), but your weapons damage isnt affected by the nerf.

Edited by Frozen

...95417 is beta patch, which works with 1.62 and 1.60, and with conjunction with 1.60 it allows you to connect to servers that require 1.62...

This engine, seriously... :facepalm:

• Like 1

10 years in the making lol. go arma

10 years? thats a surprise for me.. anyway, the reason of this its becuse engine allows client`s machine too much to handle, that why we see a lot of hackers - game just allows user to do it. a part that, bohemia has weird version compatibility policy.

thats why this video exists

Sooo your weapons do more dammage then there supposed to...

Seems like bug abusing I hope database can detect this and ban the shit out of you people always looking for leaks in the system just to have an advatange over others..

Seems like bug abusing I hope database can detect this and ban the shit out of you people always looking for leaks in the system just to have an advatange over others..

no file abuse. just stuff that patch policy allows user to do. in fact, some people that ignored/didnt know about existence of1.62 patch, have same "advantage" that shown in the video.

• Like 1

It takes people like him to find these problems, so the devs can fix it.

It's an alpha for a reason.

Im glad OP found this, with it in the light, it can be fixed

It takes people like him to find these problems, so the devs can fix it.

It's an alpha for a reason.

Im glad OP found this, with it in the light, it can be fixed

thank you for support. i hope someone deliver this info to BIS, and they will fix, and change their patch policy, to what other games have:

files on server side and user side doesnt match - connection denied.

thank you for support. i hope someone deliver this info to BIS, and they will fix, and change their patch policy, to what other games have:

files on server side and user side doesnt match - connection denied.

If they would want to have a reasonable version check routine in their network code, they would have done it from the start. Something like this stupidity doesn't happen "by accident". Nobody with half a brain would so something like that, seriously. This engine.... :facepalm:

If they would want to have a reasonable version check routine in their network code, they would have done it from the start. Something like this stupidity doesn't happen "by accident". Nobody with half a brain would so something like that, seriously. This engine.... :facepalm:

well, i`m not trying to justify what they`ve done, although i see their intentions, but current system allows user to abuse it, leading to imbalance.

harsh restrictions is the only way to prevent abuse.

well, i`m not trying to justify what they`ve done, although i see their intentions, but current system allows user to abuse it, leading to imbalance.

harsh restrictions is the only way to prevent abuse.

True, but there is a difference between an open/moddable game and a decent version checking system.

True, but there is a difference between an open/moddable game and a decent version checking system.

cant not agree with that. source engine is a good example how mods and and version check should be handled.

Edited by Frozen

cant agree with that. source engine is a good example how mods and and version check should be handled.

I didn't mean that both can't be done, just that it's 2 different pair of shoes. Version checking has nothing to do with how moddable the game is and vice versa.

And yes, Source is a prime example for how it should be done (as it is with Steam IMO - Valve know what they're doing and they're doing an awemazing job).

This is sad.

I understand that Bohemia never had the need to deal with a good anticheat application because before DayZ it was mainly composed by a low population but decent community and never dealt with a massive income of hacker/coders but, this is basic computer understanding; one does not needs coding skills to do this trick.

I really would like to hear something from BI that is not the usual "ah yes, someday we will deal with this kind of problems".

And no, I don't want to wait for Arma 3 because at the actual state it seems that it will be something like a major patched version of Arma 2 instead of a different awesome game.

I didn't mean that both can't be done, just that it's 2 different pair of shoes. Version checking has nothing to do with how moddable the game is and vice versa.

And yes, Source is a prime example for how it should be done (as it is with Steam IMO - Valve know what they're doing and they're doing an awemazing job).

i got what you mean, perhaps my typing fail didnt show it :) anyway i agree with you,move that BIS took is more fail then win. and shouldnt repeated in future by anyone.

Ah, so you did mean you can't disagree - wasn't sure about that so I thought it couldn't harm to clarify my point :)

bumpety bump the **** bump.

fix your FAIL BIS!

fix the ****ing weapons!

Ah, so you did mean you can't disagree - wasn't sure about that so I thought it couldn't harm to clarify my point :)

beer kinda mess up with tiping skill :)

bumpety bump the **** bump.

fix your FAIL BIS!

fix the ****ing weapons!

what this man said. but there is more for them then fixing weapon damage