Sign in to follow this  
Royce59

Hope in Humanity! [Why I turned bandit to friendly.]

Well, i'm going to keep this short. I was recently a bandit who always camped noob spawns like Elektro and shot for murder count because I played alone usually, but today I had a great experience that has changed my perspecting on Day-Z as a whole. I have friends to play with. Always have, always will. We found a vehicle and one of my buddies spotted a helicopter nearby. We sent two men to guard it, both died so we assumed they took the chopper. After my group's watch / assault man (The leader), thermal'd the area, he didn't see anything but the chopper so we decided to assault. (Besides, it was us 6 versus them 2.) We decided to storm the place after getting parts to fix the chopper. We went in, real slow, watched our corners, and got hte chopper fixed.

It had literally, almost NO fuel at all. So we flew to a nearby pump and filled up, after about 15-20 minutes of filling constantly, we got it fixed and went for a ride. We raided stary, we looked for crash sites, we raided NE, we flew over Cherno and Elektro and proved our superiority to everyone. Then we learned hte server was restarting in about an hour, so we went searching for a spot to save it and start camp. We head over to a mountainous area where we THOUGHT the land was not steep. We landed and got out, the chopper still.. All of a sudden, it started slipping, the pilot tried to fix it but it slid too fast and the chopper flipped, i was knocked unconscious and was bleeding, he survived without a scratch on him, and my other buddies broke his legs. We all survived, but the chopper was gone.

All that loss, and what do we have? A new look at the game, team dynamics that introduces a WHOLE new part of the game. I've had so many team experiences today and I can't stress enough how this has changed me. Next time I see that noob straggler, instead of capping him, i might just help him out and send him in a new direction. I hope this shows everyone that not everyone is a bandit and humanity can still be restored.

Edited by Royce59
  • Like 9

Great story, but im sure after a few deaths and BS experiences you'll be back to being a bandit, or an active bandit hunter and killer of would be bandits.

• Like 1

I used to be a bandit but with all these murderers who call themselves bandits made me ashamed.

Now I'm a survivor and a medic.

Just stay on the path you're on.

• Like 3

Good for you, mate. :thumbsup: Mindless killing gets boring after a while, I guess. But there will always be new mindless killers, so keep yourself safe. :beans:

• Like 1

I am a suvivor and I wouldn't outright murder someone, but today as I scrounged at the NW airfield int he barracks I heard shots outside, I waited and sure enough the player came to the barrack I waited patiently and saw his shadow in the doorway then he came in guns blazing...I had no alternative than to fire back, he retreated without hitting me and I the same but I think he disconnected. Unless you see each other from far off confrontation is a for-gone conclusion...it's going to happen specifically because you dont know that person and they just might scare the crap outta you coming in the door

Good for you, mate. :thumbsup: Mindless killing gets boring after a while, I guess. But there will always be new mindless killers, so keep yourself safe. :beans:

For some this doesnt get boring. Yesterday i died after 31 days alive. Server hopper in the baracks. Looked around its clear start looting and he spawns inside me. Knowing it was a server hopper popping up inside me i decided to open fire cause he was occupying the same spot as me i couldnt hurt him or was just facing the wrong way. After a minute of tiptoeing inside eachother he finally got me. So then i respawn near cherno go into town get some basic gear get out. See a survivor and try to make contact. Told him where a gun was and some food and left for the next building. 10 seconds later he shot me in my back. Respawn in Elektro near my little brother. After a good 30 minutes of raiding i get geared out including camo's, ghillies and M4A2. I see 2 survivors running towards the fire station. Holding them at gunpoint i urged them to leave the area till we were gone. Had no intensions to kill them just didnt want to lose my stuff to another backstabbing survivor. My brother left the game and i got out of elektro. In the mountains north of elektro i got 1 hit downed and broken legs by a zombie. That 1 zombie dropped my blood so fast i died. Luckily i respawn in kamishovo. See a survivor in a car and he gives me a ride to my body. Atleast the area. I find the body and im still standing there only able to look inside my backpack (Wierd glitch). 1 survivor aproaches me and told me hes friendly after about 5 minutes chatting he comes over and find my body. He was saying all the stuff is there and im not standing but lying dead on the ground. I was like wierd glitch. He took the gun and just killed me with my own M4A2. Respawn again and see another survivor in kamenka. We team up he finds a hatchet kills me. Respawn again in elektro, entering the school there i hear 2 survivors comming in. We had a nice chat. They gave me some supplies and told them they didnt have to worry about me. Thanked them for their help.

I can seriously see people turning bandits cause of the messed up shit that happend yesterday too me. Im glad there are a few less bandits to worry about now. I was seriously tempted to shoot those 2 people just for venting my frustrations of that day and their loot like the other players did too me. Glad i didnt. Just rare to see bandits turn good and it warms my heart if it does.

Goodluck

• Like 2

I've been shot stabbed blown up and once even ran over with a car.

Still won't kill anyone on sight :P

I changed from trying to be friendly to shoot everything that moves. It's safer that way.

I only kill when I feel threatened or when I feel a player would be a threat to me.

And to the OP, teamwork and team playing is the most fun of this mod. Just think about if you find a car, and take turns driving, and fooling around in a teamspeak server or skype? So much fun.

I find half the fun is being a ninja and trying to stay hidden. So far the 2 best moments I have had is a bandit shooting and missing me. I ran into a building and out the back taking cover in a outhouse. I heard and through one of the cracks watched him run by me. I opened the door and unloaded a clip into the bandit who then blocked most of the shots with his face :P

Second was someone swinging an axe at me and running into a building only to have them run by me and for me to land a killing headshot.

Almost got killed today I helped a player find fuel for his car which he left in cherno and run out of of fuel, once I found some I gave it to him and cleared the road for him when I hear him driving towards me and with my countless knowledge of watching 5 dayz myth busters I know you can prone under a car and live I try it and luckily I live and the guy speeds off

Since I know he wants to head to stary but he doesn't have enough fuel I am hoping to find his car, steal it and camp nearby waiting for him to connect and then shoot his legs and kill him with tin cans!

The only few times i stopped to act as a bandit (i talk about last month), i almost got backstabbed once and i've been betrayed the other.

You have to use skype friends or other voip program (that is very unrealistic), or to kill on sight.

A month of DayZ Experienced many betrayals, many shoot first players and hackers. Still, I try to avoid first, then warn them off, then if they didn't give me choice I kill them. Yes it's easier to kill first, but I still try to play it like a survivor. If I wanted deathmatch, I can play sooo many other fps games. . . including . . . . CoD. :o Betrayals? = Eve.

I don't shoot new spawned players. I'm not the bad guy in this game. But anyone running straight at me with something as much as a hatchet is going down.

Don't yell "friendly FRIENDLY!!" while running towards me swinging your axe in random direction while foaming at the mouth. It severely decreases my trust.

And please don't run towards me with a whole mob of your undead buddies following you.

Your undead friends, your problem, my beans.