CoolCain10

Just discovered that you can use a Xbox 360 Controller.

The title says it all and I own at shooting with xbox 360 controller but still learning the controls.

So far I can shoot and aim and run

• Like 2

Is that one of those programs where you set the conroller buttons as keys? You may want to look up all the controls. Also, is it easier with controller? Please post a video and send it to me so I can see. :thumbsup:

I can't imagine how that would work. Let us know how you go interacting with everything.

It won't really change much just makes me a pro at aiming and shooting and running

Is that one of those programs where you set the conroller buttons as keys? You may want to look up all the controls. Also, is it easier with controller? Please post a video and send it to me so I can see. :thumbsup:

you just go into Controls and enable your Xbox controller, just like you would enable a joystick.

Can't tell if idiot or troll... Mouse and keyboard are superior to controllers. This is a fact; it's why there were no more Xbox Live/Windows Live crossover games.

• Like 1

Can't tell if idiot or troll... Mouse and keyboard are superior to controllers.

This.

• Like 1

It won't really change much just makes me a pro at aiming and shooting and running

So let's make it more CoD like. Ok.

• Like 1

Keyboard and mouse are just simply better though. There's nothing like the accuracy of a mouse and the amount of hotkeys you can have on a keyboard.

• Like 1

Its nice to see another controller user playing DayZ. It took me five days to program everything on my wired xbox 360 controller, another three days to get all controls down. Now i'm relaxing on my couch, playing DayZ on my big screen, and not having my hand ache from prolonged use of my keyboard and mouse. I don't know why everyone is bashing on people who are trying to use a controller, some people just don't like using the keyboard and mouse setup, it's just not comfortable for them and takes away from their gaming experience.

I do have a question for the OP though, have you ever tried using a program called xpadder? It's free and is alot better then using the DayZ controls interface. If anyone has questions or needs help setting up a controller just ask and i'll help you out.

• Like 2

I play with a steering wheel. You're all noobs.

• Like 17

So let's make it more CoD like. Ok.

No I just don't have that much room for my mouse on my tiny desk and I feel more comfortable using a controller it's easier to handle and I won't fire my weapon by accident when I nudge my mouse pad

And also I know cod shit but just because i'm using a controller doesn't mean i'm playing it like cod, I can name about 10 good fps shooter games that I enjoy such as borderlands, fallout and rage

it is another battle of the platforms!!!

it is a matter of opinion really, i like both, ithe only game i import a controller to pc is GTA...

but tbf mZLY has nailed it with the Steering Wheel.......... i bow to you

I play with a steering wheel. You're all noobs.

You need a wheel?

I only use pedals because I'm uber pr0.

But mouse + keyboard so much better then console controllers... response time being the main thing... :S

Each to there own I guess :)

• Like 2

also MotionionJoy works for wireless conectivity and gameplay from xbox/ps3 to the pc if you have a bluetooth dongle/built-in :)

Yeah sure. A pro.

Keyboard and Mouse is superior, forever.

The question shouldn't be 'can you use it?', but 'why in the hell would you use it?'...gamepads suck for shooters.

I'm using a combination of a wii controler taped to my head for aiming and a Rock Band drum set for movement, it's simply superior to the antiquated keyboard/mouse combo.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

wtf guys, dont talk that bullshit. in arma2/dayz you dont need such a rapid crossmovement like in cod/bf/cs, and still the xbox360 pad is nice to throttle a helicopter or drive with it.

Just the inventory sucks a bid ;-)