CoolCain10

Just discovered that you can use a Xbox 360 Controller.

Man there are some douches in here, but I guess there always will be the "my way is the only way" class of douche.

Seriously, who gives a shit if you hate controllers. When I'm in my office I play with KBM and love it. When I'm I front of my 65" on the couch, I use my 360 controller and love it. The rare instances that I need to fire a weapon, I have my sensitivity to my liking and it allows me to pull of headshots when needed.

To the OP, enjoy whatever works for you, no matter what others say. But you really should look into xpadder. It works great for many different things. There is also a good xpadder post on here somewhere that has a very detailed profile you can use that gives you every keyboard function mapped on to your controller using different sets.

Enjoy the game.

But mouse + keyboard so much better then console controllers... response time being the main thing... :S

Each to there own I guess :)

I'd give you all the beans if I could for not being a douchenozzle.

if a controller is the way you want to roll go for it, just keep in mind the joysticks have to be calibrated. They can have horrible response times ect if not adjusted.

I noticed that the first time I played Arma2. Its clunky as fuuuck with the 360 controller.

I too have an xbox controller for windows... but I won't use it.

Controllers are only better than keyboards in 2d fighting games IMO.

Man there are some douches in here, but I guess there always will be the "my way is the only way" class of douche.

Seriously, who gives a shit if you hate controllers. When I'm in my office I play with KBM and love it. When I'm I front of my 65" on the couch, I use my 360 controller and love it. The rare instances that I need to fire a weapon, I have my sensitivity to my liking and it allows me to pull of headshots when needed.

To the OP, enjoy whatever works for you, no matter what others say. But you really should look into xpadder. It works great for many different things. There is also a good xpadder post on here somewhere that has a very detailed profile you can use that gives you every keyboard function mapped on to your controller using different sets.

Enjoy the game.

Is this the post your talking about? I started using his xpadder profile last night and it really works well. I really like how he slowed down the mouse sensitivity when you zoom in to help you take better shots. He even got inventory management down pretty well by using the dpad. If anyone is just starting to use a controller I would recommend checking Monte87's post out first.

Huh, this is interesting because I use my Xbox more than I PC game,

and I always thought it was easier to aim with a mouse.

HAHAHA i loled at this, not every single control is going to be available on the controller so just NO!!!

xD enjoy getting slaughtered by the Keyboard Ninjas :) I'm pretty sure Microsoft didn't allow cross platform play in some xbox 360 game for good reason. PC players were far out-performing the 360 players. Maybe it was Lost Planet?

yup, it was. PCworld Article (edit, better article? it's less Opinion 222). Have fun with the controller more, although I'll never understand it. I have a few friends that like controllers better. Damn console kids :D

I too have an xbox controller for windows... but I won't use it.

Controllers are only better than keyboards in 2d fighting games IMO.

and I can't stand the 360's dpad. Damn Third Strike. Dualshock 4 life

Edited by internetTAB

Not sure why everyone is acting like DayZ is a twitch shooter and needs a mouse, I personally prefer a mouse but I can't see how a decent console player would have trouble... I have had so many people try to shoot me at point blank range, empty out entire clips and miss completely before I casually turn around, slowly aim, laugh, and pop a bullet in their head. Speed doesn't win in DayZ, only patience, positioning and taking accurate shots, spinning your mouse and trying to headshot someone at the same time will just lead in your bullet flying off in to the mountains :P all you anti-CoD posters seem like you play DayZ more like CoD than the people you're trying to troll. Derp Derp.

They tried a cross platform game once, between pc and ps3 I believe, they scrapped cross platform because the pc users had a huge unfair advantage.

Goodluck with your handicap.

You may as well be playing with your feet.

The title says it all and I own at shooting with xbox 360 controller but still learning the controls.

So far I can shoot and aim and run

lol not enough buttons on console controllers.

I can actually understand where this guy is coming from. If he's gotten used to the xbox controller, and doesn't plan to completely switch over... why not use the controller? I used a mix of K&M and my xbox controller before completely switching over.

And for the people who say there isn't enough buttons... you can fit all the needed controls on your controller. Everything else can just be a quick hand movement over to the keyboard. And with the ability to possibly assign buttons that when you hold them down they do something different, that doubles the amount of buttons.

Minus all the rambling about how the Keyboard/mouse is so much better, I'm glad for threads like this! I'm horrible at keyboard and mouse, I don't care how 'precise' some people find it. I maneuver with a controller much better. If it helps me even 10% over using a kb/m then I'll be happy. I might die either way, but almost positive I'll die against a player while I'm using a kb/m.

You've always been able to use a xbox 360 controller on arma. The only thing its good for is driving and flying if you dont have an actual joystick. its a lil something called MIDI Device. Get TrackIR5 if u want to play arma the proper way.

GL competing against a non cod player using a mouse :)

Get a gameboy that takes 4 AA batteries if you want to play Arma II the way it was supposed to be played, nubcakes.

-MONSTER

Get a gameboy that takes 4 AA batteries if you want to play Arma II the way it was supposed to be played, nubcakes.

-MONSTER

Just fly the heli just one times with a XBox360 controller and your mind will change ;-) otherways use a joystick