Ashnik

All the hacker posts you make.

I'm kinda getting tired of people posting about how they should fix all the hackers and scripters. It's just annoying to see. Arma 2 had scripts waaaay before DayZ. I garantee most of you who post talking about how to fix it and such have never read a script in your life. (Atleast not a hacking kind of script) When this becomes it's standalone it will cut the hackers back sure, but scripts can still be made and used. Nothing is unhackable. Your not gonna stop the scripting by raging on the forums about it. Sure report the people you see doing it ya know? Atleast that's some hackers down or so, but please..just stop with the posts saying this is how you should fix it or it needs to be fixed now, because you cannot stop scripters and hackers.

I'm not asking for everyone to agree with me, I'm just stating an opinion.

• Like 6

Usually most opinions on this matter attract negative response. I suggest you brace yourself.

• Like 1

Usually most opinions on this matter attract negative response. I suggest you brace yourself.

this OP

you better batten down the hatches there's a storm coming

Well I agree with ya, its just people venting and they should do that elsewhere.

• Like 1

Hackers just gave this game cancer. Was fun while it lasted but i think its safe to say If you're buying Arma2 to be able to play this mod you're just wasting your money.

People come here both to vent their frustration with being unfairly killed as well as report.

TBH I'm not sure why you even bothered to post. Your comment serves no purpose what so ever except for you venting your frustration. So really, you're just another person complaining. Your point about how hacking will happen is correct, so if you accept it why post about people who can't? Should have spend the time checking

out that dear stand instead bro.

People come here both to vent their frustration with being unfairly killed as well as report.

TBH I'm not sure why you even bothered to post. Your comment serves no purpose what so ever except for you venting your frustration. So really, you're just another person complaining. Your point about how hacking will happen is correct, so if you accept it why post about people who can't? Should have spend the time checking

out that dear stand instead bro.

That post screams hypocrite. You just said that people do it to vent and I just did it to vent. People who vent serve no purpose. It's just an opinion. By the way did you tell me to check out Dear stands? If so it's spelled Deer my good sir.

Well I agree with ya, its just people venting and they should do that elsewhere.

Thanks for being reasonable. I clearly stated above it's an opinion, not a fact or statistic. I guess It's venting aswell, but I'm just tired of looking at recent posts and half of them saying "Fuck hackers I quit" or "You should this to fix the hacking rocket"

Quickly take my beans before the bandits come!

"I'm not asking for everyone to agree with me, I'm just stating an opinion."

The people making the posts are just stating their opinion, you don't have to agree with them. What you are doing is no different, I don't get the point. Some people whine about hackers, and people whine about people that whine about hackers.

If you have a problem with this, then maybe these forums are not for you.

I never stated I have a true problem with it, It's just annoying and I stated my opinion on the subject.

"I'm not asking for everyone to agree with me, I'm just stating an opinion."

The people making the posts are just stating their opinion, you don't have to agree with them. What you are doing is no different, I don't get the point. Some people whine about hackers, and people whine about people that whine about hackers.

Everyone whines about something, it can't be stopped.

I never stated I have a true problem with it, It's just annoying and I stated my opinion on the subject.

Sorry that you have to look at a few extra threads so that another million people won't waste their money on Arma2 thinking its secure.

Sorry that you have to look at a few extra threads so that another million people won't waste their money on Arma2 thinking its secure.

ArmA is actually a great game. It often attracts a different type of player than DayZ, though (the latter apparently attracts the type of player that likes to grief and cheat). People who play ArmA for ArmA are usually looking to have a cool, somewhat realistic, military simulation experience - not wreck everyone's fun with B.S..

See I bought Arma 2 before DayZ and loved it. I still play the civil war gamemode all the time in the game.

Edit: Nothing is secure that is a fact right there.

Edited by Ashnik

I'm tired of people making threads that are not about hackers. Every single new thread on this forum should be about hackers. It's like your unaware Rocket got owned with a thunderdome twice during a live interview.

Here's the alpha testing results for the week:

Your regulations for server admins are stupid and will not work with this trash engine.

The idea of a public hive is dead.

Arma 2 is a huge piece of crap and no one cares.

Someone else is going to take your idea and make a lot of money.

• Like 2

I'm tired of people making threads that are not about hackers. Every single new thread on this forum should be about hackers. It's like your unaware Rocket got owned with a thunderdome twice during a live interview.

Here's the alpha testing results for the week:

Your regulations for server admins are stupid and will not work with this trash engine.

The idea of a public hive is dead.

Arma 2 is a huge piece of crap and no one cares.

Someone else is going to take your idea and make a lot of money.

I have seen Rocket enter the thunderdome before, I don't understand what you mean by everything should be about hacker I think Rocket knows there are hackers. I personally see this as your big break for trolling a person. War Z is pretty much what you said last. Stealing someone's idea. Arma 2 is an old game and it was well designed in it's time. I still quite enjoy the civil war game mode maybe you should try actually playing the game. Server admins have slim to no control you realize that? They can change the server options and restart it, that's about it.

When this becomes it's standalone it will cut the hackers back sure, but scripts can still be made and used. Nothing is unhackable

Nowhere near in the same sense, unless standalone DayZ is made as crappy security wise as ARMA2 was. The problem with ARMA2's scripts is it allows client side scripting to effectively be run at a server scope, meaning it can change things for every user. While hacks like aim bots and wall hacking are bad, they pale in comparison to the shit that ARMA2 allows.

Keep in mind all this "It will be fixed when standalone" talk translates into meaning ARMA2 is broken, which it is from a security point of view. Honestly BI should be thoroughly embarassed about this - I have never seen a commercial game with obvious multiplayer intents so poor at client -> server security.

Arma 2 is an old game and it was well designed in it's time.

lol, no, no it was not. Not from a multiplayer security point of view. The only excuse I can figure out for having such lax client to server scripting security is because they wanted to make scenario building in real time easy, but even then that is terribly lazy.

I haven't been playing much since 1.7.2.5 because the artefacts just make it impossible. but this thunderdome thing looks hilarious, you got to admit there is some funny shit that comes from this hacking at least it skips all the creeping around bullshit and simply drops everyone within griefing range.

the way its going, i rather doubt there will be any end to the crap that will end up being script hacked into any world, so long as its part of the core game ie, the commands which allow this to happen must be open and or accessible, until they are either removed or blocked entirely eg: running the mod from its own executable.. its not going to get any better. the remedy is possible or it must be possible to at least limit what you can accomplish by removing that aspect from even being part of the mod itself, what makes it possible to edit scenarios on the fly, that aspect of the game needs to be separated from the mod entirely before any progress is made.. unfortunately the likely hood of that being even remotely possible given the age of the game and time consumption of such an undertaking could very well be not worth the time money and effort given other options.

even so lots of folks seem to be clinging to the hope that the stand alone won't suffer the same fate, although i guess where there is a will there's a way.

would it not be cool if the ppl creating these hacks instead scripted up ways of preventing just that, wouldn't it be equally epeen worthy. not nearly as much tears and whine threads but definitely more epeen!! common folks do it for the epeen!

Nowhere near in the same sense, unless standalone DayZ is made as crappy security wise as ARMA2 was. The problem with ARMA2's scripts is it allows client side scripting to effectively be run at a server scope, meaning it can change things for every user. While hacks like aim bots and wall hacking are bad, they pale in comparison to the shit that ARMA2 allows.

Keep in mind all this "It will be fixed when standalone" talk translates into meaning ARMA2 is broken, which it is from a security point of view. Honestly BI should be thoroughly embarassed about this - I have never seen a commercial game with obvious multiplayer intents so poor at client -> server security.

Ever heard of external scripts? Probably not. Those are the scripts that make it passs VAC. Nothing in secure. Making DayZ a standalone, hopefully somebody changes the engine up a bit. Which would mean new scripts would have to be made.

lol, no, no it was not. Not from a multiplayer security point of view. The only excuse I can figure out for having such lax client to server scripting security is because they wanted to make scenario building in real time easy, but even then that is terribly lazy.

So the old VAC must have been amazing right? You realize VAC sucks just as much as battle eye. Back in the Arma 2 days people barely hacked. Over the years hacking has jumped.