Sign in to follow this  
Yeni

What the hell?

So, here I am, running just north of cherno, with my nice gear I collected. I pass a town in a small valley. I get close enough to where zeds spawn, but I decide to go around to avoid the zeds. I look to the side, and see a zombie just running towards me from 150m away. Seriously? I didn't know zombies have supervision.

Well if you think about it, you can see them from that distance right?

Why can't they see you?

• Like 1

Seeing a man sized object at 150m doesnt seem all that unbelievable to me.

Before people pull out the poor vision zombie Romero trope or whatever, they are infected humans and actually still alive and I would assume possessing of their normal senses, at least.

Zombies have weak senses. They don't have their full capability.

Dude its an alpha relax. You wanna make the mod better? post these findings in the bug reports area of the forum so they can be looked at.

I don't mind zeds being more dangerous and smarter, I just wish they were more consistent. One random zed out of like 20 tends to do this long range aggro.

Zombies have weak senses. They don't have their full capability.

Not zombies, next question please.

to my knowledge the zeds/infected in dayz, is more the kind of "mindless" people that lost all their human nature to this "infection - virus thing" not the kind of zombies that stick their hands out of the graves at night.

so its perfectly realistic that they will react to stuff humans would. at least thats how i see the zeds/infected in DayZ :) hope this gives you an idea.

Edited by Tatakt

I don't mind zeds being more dangerous and smarter, I just wish they were more consistent. One random zed out of like 20 tends to do this long range aggro.

But why? Unpredictability makes it more interesting. In the real world some people have natural 20/20 vision and others wear glasses. Why can't zombies, which used to be living people, have these same traits?

You can see over 1000 meters. They can see 200.

I think it is fair. Personally, I'd like to see them move slower (still faster than players, though) and have more health, but that's just me.

But why? Unpredictability makes it more interesting. In the real world some people have natural 20/20 vision and others wear glasses. Why can't zombies, which used to be living people, have these same traits?

True, but in most movies we watch, when one aggros it tends to attract the attention of those around it. Right now, one random zed comes running from 150m like OP says while the ones righ next to you still hop around in circles..