Stephen101

Zombies shouldnt be able to open doors

Pretty self explanatory. It makes the option to close/open doors make more sense becuase you could close the door behind you without worrying about zombies coming through. Plus, closing doors doesnt work anyways since they can open them and/or warp through them. Otherwise, just leave all doors open at all times.

As a plus, new animations for zombies could be added like banging on doors/glass etc.

Why? Do their hands not work?

New animations are work in progress.

This is a conflict with the Arma II engine, which of course Day Z relies on. Not much can happen about it now, but obviously it's a big aspect that they will fix in later versions.

Edited by "Lost" Alice

They shouldn't be able to go up ladders either!

Haha I think EVERYBODY has been in the situation where they were being chased by zombies, and then climbed up a ladder thinking. "HAHA CAN'T GET ME BITCHES" and then you think you are safe, until that horrible horrible moment you realize they're climbing up the ladder after you.

First time that happened to me I just jumped off the roof at that point, eff Zeds, I'm not letting them eat me.

Edited by "Lost" Alice
  • Like 2

There not zombies... Ie their not dead. They are infected humans so I guess one can assume they retain enough of their humanity to open doors. Anyway the amount of work required to script and anaimate the infected banging on doors and busting them down would be better served elsewhere, atleast untill the standalone Dayz.

Well if you are suggesting they can't open doors because they are brain dead, that wouldn't stop them from trying to bash the doors down. So instead of adding a mechanic to reinforce doors with wood or barricades, they just open the doors. So either way, they are gonna get in eventually. But look on the bright side, you do have barbed wire and bear traps.

They shouldn't be able to open the doors, but they could destroying them after about 30 seconds or something. Also ladder climbing is like wtf ? I was happy I run away and when recognize they are right behind me I jumped off the roof to not be eaten by them, lol

If they are made to not open doors, they will be made to be able to bash them down. You are not in a safe zone in a building.