Sign in to follow this  
Oddball_E8

Strange graphical artifacts... (VIDEO)

Ok, so im gonna ask here since A: i only play DayZ, no other ArmA2 mods and B: i havent noticed this when playing around with the editor and C: i figured that there are alot of old ArmA2 foxes around here that know what theyre talking about and might have seen or experienced this before.

These are the artifacts im talking about:

I get them both day and night, and they are VERY annoying, especially if you happen to be in a firefight...

Taking forever to upload for some reason...

Yeah this has happened to me as well. The first time it happened was when I spawned in the model in Novy Sobor. Everytime I would alt-look south I would get that exact same thing. I would just restart and it would fix it though.

The other time it happened is when I installed beta patch 93040 and enabled PPAA = 3 - SMAA, PPAA_LEVEL = 3 - SMAA_PRESET_ULTRA. Had AToC = 0. When this one happened though every time I would look behind my guy this would happen. I didn't read up on what each of those settings affected the other like a good little PC gamer. But I haven't had them enabled and I haven't had the problem since. I haven't spawned in the Novy Sobor model in the past couple days so I'm not sure if that one still causes this or not.

Have had it also, try changing your Texture details to 'Default' for a moment and then reset it, helps most of the times.

I tried changing "texture memory" to default, and so far its worked...

heard something about using the "flush" command as well, but i dont know how to get the console out...

I tried changing "texture memory" to default' date=' and so far its worked...

heard something about using the "flush" command as well, but i dont know how to get the console out...

[/quote']

This will do most of the times, I had the graphics error also occur near Cherno appartments. Only had it on specific spots like those appartments.

[/quote']

Hold Shift and tap "numpad -" then type flush.

I've had my vid mem set at default from the get go. But still this happened.

[/quote']

Hold Shift and tap "numpad -" then type flush.

I've had my vid mem set at default from the get go. But still this happened.

Correction: Hold Left shift and press the - Numpad button, then press the keys: FLUSH

Have had it as well. Flushing should help, restarting the game as well.

Must say, I have not had it since I did some re-configuration.