AfterShave

Cannibalism, it's all the rage!

I know this may be very controversial, but cannibalism would add another layer of depth to the game.

Noob sniping would be justified and a real means to survive without ever risking towns and cities.

This also adds more realism to the game, in a realistic apocalypse humans would resolve to cannibalism quite quickly, with fresh food dying off, the only means of good feed are unfortunately, other people.

Cannibalism would suck.

Because, after eating enough human flesh you will start getting noticeable changes to yourself. An example is excessive shaking. Would the game reflect this reality and still please players?

No.

Edited by Detta

Cannibalism would suck.

Because, after eating enough human flesh you will start getting noticeable changes to yourself. An example is excessive shaking. Would the game reflect this reality and still please players?

No.

Source? I don't think there are any physical effects resulting from cannibalism.

there are quite a few countries (Germany springs to mind) that would instantly ban DayZ if it included Cannibalism so you have to weigh up the two sides. Is the feature good enough to warrant cutting a lot of players off from the game itself? I don't think so.

in a realistic apocalypse humans would resolve to cannibalism quite quickly, with fresh food dying off, the only means of good feed are unfortunately, other people.

what?!?! i take it you dont watch Bear Grylls

guess we know who not to hang round with in the apocalypse

Source? I don't think there are any physical effects resulting from cannibalism.

I lied. I just hoped people would buy it, I saw it on The Book of Eli. I guess this is how Christianity started

I lied. I just hoped people would buy it, I saw it on The Book of Eli. I guess this is how Christianity started

He lied, but he was right. Cannibal tribes, especially in Papa New Guinea in their history have contracted a very serious neurological disorder which causes tremors, and inevitably, death. They contract it by ingesting a prion found in humans. It's kind of funny, since the entire plot of another zombie game is based entirely around a terribly mutated strain of this disease. Theoretically, anyone who eats each other can contract the disease.

Edited by TurtleMadness
  • Like 1

He lied, but he was right. Cannibal tribes, especially in Papa New Guinea in their history have contracted a very serious neurological disorder which causes tremors, and inevitably, death. They contract it by ingesting a prion found in humans. It's kind of funny, since the entire plot of another zombie game is based entirely around a terribly mutated strain of this disease. Theoretically, anyone who eats each other can contract the disease.

That's because they're all affected with AIDS and shit from living like animals mkay

As Rocket enjoys the PvP angle, I would love to see things taken a step further with this modest proposal;

It would be awesome to take the slaying of our fellow man a step further by allowing people to use their knife to harvest meat from human bodies.

Even *more* fun if the human meat you take has the name of the person it came from in the description!

I remember the old 'Ultima Online' days when people died there would at times be parts of their bodies left behind with their names still attached; a friend of mine found both "The brain of Hitler" and some other body part of Hitler's. Just some random player named Hitler who got killed, but it was hilariously awesome collecting those body parts! Not many people in the game could brag about owning Hitler's brain.

So, without having to add new costumes, masks, or whatever, the human meat hunting business could really add unlimited questing trophy hunting that would NEVER get old... because you'd always have more people with fun names that increased the value of their corpses.

I'd personally love to break bread with the zombies and eat the flesh of bandits.

I've just learned how to model nice looking but low poly mesh bodies, textures and normal maps & stuff in Blender 3d and I am offering my services free of charge to Rocket if he'd like fingers or ears on necklaces and decimated post-harvest player corpses. Though, modding that could still be hard, so just naming player meat would be easier comparatively, if only for adding that feature alone.

I say let's CELEBRATE our total lack of humanity further by eating one-another to properly celebrate the apocalypse!

This has been discussed a few times. Austrailians couldnt play it if you could eat people so It wont fly. It has also been discussed that human trophies would be cool. Again I agree but It probably wont happen for international release reasons.

That said, I too miss the days off tossing somones ear at their feet in Diablo. I would love to have a necklace of ears on my character, and I would love to leave a severed finger in a loot pile for somone to find.

• Like 2

This is kinda fucked up.

I LOVE IT.

You're certainly right about the trophies, and how people would want to collect them.

I would go out of my way to get my parts back though xD if only to retain my dignity.

Also, I totally forgot about the Australian thing since the L4D2 incident, that's incredibly silly. I need to read some literature on the subject, I'm curious to know why it's in place, Australians are just as numbed to violence as the rest of us, right?

Edited by "Lost" Alice

Ive actually thought about this as well, being able to kill someone and then use the knife to take meat steaks off their corpse, But then we would have an even bigger problem with player killers.

As Rocket enjoys the PvP angle, I would love to see things taken a step further with this modest proposal;

It would be awesome to take the slaying of our fellow man a step further by allowing people to use their knife to harvest meat from human bodies.

Even *more* fun if the human meat you take has the name of the person it came from in the description!

I remember the old 'Ultima Online' days when people died there would at times be parts of their bodies left behind with their names still attached; a friend of mine found both "The brain of Hitler" and some other body part of Hitler's. Just some random player named Hitler who got killed, but it was hilariously awesome collecting those body parts! Not many people in the game could brag about owning Hitler's brain.

So, without having to add new costumes, masks, or whatever, the human meat hunting business could really add unlimited questing trophy hunting that would NEVER get old... because you'd always have more people with fun names that increased the value of their corpses.

I'd personally love to break bread with the zombies and eat the flesh of bandits.

I've just learned how to model nice looking but low poly mesh bodies, textures and normal maps & stuff in Blender 3d and I am offering my services free of charge to Rocket if he'd like fingers or ears on necklaces and decimated post-harvest player corpses. Though, modding that could still be hard, so just naming player meat would be easier comparatively, if only for adding that feature alone.

I say let's CELEBRATE our total lack of humanity further by eating one-another to properly celebrate the apocalypse!

Please use the search function next time and revive an old thread or a moderator will delete your thread.