Sign in to follow this  
Distance

More Camo Clothing + body armor + helmets and stuff

Hello :) i have been thinking alot lately about gear and suits and stuff, and i would like more clothings to chose from, maby even some bonuses for wear that clothing at that time etc.

lets say you have a squad of 10 (clan) would it no be cool if every body had a different suit depending on their role in the mission you are about to do example (Raid Cherno for car parts) (scavangers the ones that go inside the citys and stores and loot... have assault suits) (Snipers has ghillies and stuff to not be detected and give overwatch from the town forest lines)

Snipers would have ghillie for not beeing detected and provide overwatch for your team.

Camo Clothing is for Assault Team that is going to enter the city to scavange and get stuff. Also could add a more heavy skinn there with body armor and helmet (USMC) the machine gunner skinn in the Editor.

A night time assault suit total black suit like the special forces for american in (Operation Flashpoint game) More Navy Seals Style ;) and a the recon force skin in (editor) (groups) with paint in there face and cool jungle hats :)

Add back bandit skinn to find and use as lower version of Ghille suit camo for snipers. as it is a pretty cool skin :) maby add a few more suits for bandits and some for the friendly`s

Almost like classes for your path :)

each suit and specs:

Bandit clothing: Stay as it is, no extra specs. (Normal loot)

Ghille clothing: stay as it is no extra specs, since you almost get invisible both day and night (Epic loot)

Camo clothing: maby add a few more hitpoints to the player for wearing a body armor. increasing the chance for survival if shot in the chest. or just more blood or something like that.

(Normal loot)

Assault clothing: Increased hitpoints couse of helmet and heavyer bodyarmor. increasing the chance for survival if shot in the chest and helmet. or just more blood or something like that. (Epic Loot)

Night Time Ops: Increased hitpoints to Chest couse of body armor and high invisibility on night missions (Raids on night times, or just want a sneaky kill in town) (Epic Loot)

Recon Suit: Increased Hitpoints both chest and head + good camo both day and night. not as good as ghillie when it comes to hideing but a more allaround suit (Rare loot)

Put it this way, if your a loner or a team, you want to be a sniper go for the ghillie, you want to be safer when you scavange town and stuff, go for Assault Suit, you want to sneak around at night almost undetected go for night time suit. want to be a a litte bit of all go for Recon Suit. and ofc if you want to change for the mission you can do that 2 :) as long as you have the suits in your camp or on you etc :)

This is a thought in progress i would like to hear what you guys think of this?

PS : sry for some bad english :S

• Like 1

See, I like what you're posting, it's pretty original. Maybe add some sort of body armor scale into it. But the idea of having extra blood or better luck because of clothes is like MMORPG shit. Js, +1 for creativity though.

im not saying you gona survive a 50 cal bullet, but maby manage to take 1 or 2 more bullets depending on the gun ofc.

See, I like what you're posting, it's pretty original. Maybe add some sort of body armor scale into it. But the idea of having extra blood or better luck because of clothes is like MMORPG shit. Js, +1 for creativity though.

Ditto. Variety is good. Rest, not so much.

im not saying you gona survive a 50 cal bullet, but maby manage to take 1 or 2 more bullets depending on the gun ofc.

Right, I'm saying that body armor would be a cool touch, as well as some more varied skins to make yourself more identifiable. But I'm not a fan of actual stats like +7 luck to finding guns.

Edited by FitzGerald

This seems to be too much on the path to an MMO. Like previously said, good ideas... but just doesn't seem it would fit the realism Rocket is aiming for.

how is not a body armor realism? im talking about military stuff here, not stats that give you good mode and extra run speed.

the suits and skins speaks for themself, if you have a suit conntaining a body armor on it, ok then you get that extra little bonus, only to the chest ofc. or the helmet. not the feet and stuff, if a camo clothing is good when you hide in grass its couse of the game and the colours on it, the ghille dont give you extra stats, its made that way so its harder to see you. thats why every 1 wants it + it looks cool, it dont give you extra run speed and stuff ingame in arma.

how is not a body armor realism? im talking about military stuff here, not stats that give you good mode and extra run speed.

Body armor is definitely realistic and would be an awesome addition, just I noticed you said (epic loot) in there, making it seem as if it would give you some bonus in finding better loot. But I suppose if you ment like it was really rare then it would make some more sense.

Body armor is definitely realistic and would be an awesome addition, just I noticed you said (epic loot) in there, making it seem as if it would give you some bonus in finding better loot. But I suppose if you ment like it was really rare then it would make some more sense.

i meant it in a rare way yes :P not 10 times better than a civillian clothing. it will give you a little advantage, maby take 1 to 2 more hits from a makerov for example if he shots you in the chest, and ofc the colouring will make you more camoflauged in forests and grass, but thats just the way the game is, so it wont be any changes there. the night time suit wont be good in daylight couse its pitch black. but it night time it will be awsome :)

i dont want this to turn to a MMORPG with stats, just want it to become a little more realistic in a good way :) ofc you have to work hard to get it couse its rare :) maby only at one sertain military location or at crash sites. this will also make players have to go scavange more couse every 1 want to get the best gear and stuff :) more looting means more pvp and action ingame :)

Edited by Distance
  • Like 1

A couple of concerns with the body armor aspect.

1) Bullet resistant vests won't do much to stop rifle rounds. So adding health to your character would be Videogame LogicTM, since a sniper rifle or assault rifle would still go through.

2) A ballistic vest that would stop rifle rounds weighs 8 times that of a normal bulletproof vest. The Modular Tactical Vest weighs about 30 pounds.

So I can see the situation where the Bulletproof vest decreases the damage from pistol and shotgun blasts but not rifles. Or where the ballistic vest decreases the damage from rifles but you have to keep it in your backpack slot instead of a backpack.

hmm, thats true, i dont know much about the vest, but the idea was for us to discuss it and maby we could make it get developed in the future :) im sure Rocket will make it realistic and good for all of us to be happie about it :)