Skaterkidd92

False advertising? Needs fixed.

Persistent Server - Fed up of spending so many hours working towards a goal or finding supplies and then the server crashes on you losing all your progress? Well with the DayZ server all stat's are saved to our external database so where ever you log off, whatever you have will be keep on you next time you come back in. This means you can spend however long you want doing what you want to do. As long as you don't die during the night!

Found at http://dayzmod.com/?About

Needs to be fixed. I always loose hours of work to server restarts. I loose my entire inventory, usually vehicles. Always tents. They sometimes come back... if the server restarts quickly enough. mostly though, I just loose everything. It is NOT saved to an external database. or not saved quick enough.

Alpha? Do not get attached to your gear, kill count, location, or life span...

• Like 3

Alpha? Do not get attached to your gear, kill count, location, or life span...

I don't think it's about the stuff. I think it's about advertising something that isn't yet implemented.

I don't think it's about the stuff. I think it's about advertising something that isn't yet implemented.

Yeah, that's what I'm mainly getting at. New players probably won't be as aware of all the bugs when they go out and spend 30$ so they can own the game this mod runs on.

Advertising implies that you are paying for something, you aren't.

You are alpha testing a mod.

Instead of dealing with the glitches that come with alpha testing, you are posting this useless thread

• Like 1

Yeah, that's what I'm mainly getting at. New players probably won't be as aware of all the bugs when they go out and spend 30$ so they can own the game this mod runs on.

You did not pay for this mod. You paid for ArmA2, which is a fine game. This mod is in alpha, it is building to achieve what it advertises. Simple fix for now, don't get attached, play for fun, if you lose stuff due to servers, move on, and have more fun.

Test, test, test. Don't complain about "false" promises to a mod that hasn't even become a standalone Beta game yet.

I'm usually not big on shooting complaints down with "It's Alpha dude!!! get over it!", however... It's alpha. There IS, in fact, a persistent database. It does exist, I promise. Myself, and somewhere close to a million other players have verified that fact by logging into more than one server and having items/character state persist.

As for it being buggy, that's part of the deal. If you suspect that the issues you've experience HAVEN'T been reported 10000 times already, file a bug report. then move on.

Also, you didn't pay anything for DayZ, so you have no "damages" you can claim. You say you spent 30 on ArmaII.... but that doesn't have anything to do with DayZ... Bohemia sold you ARMA II so you could play ARMA II. If you want to take their product and use some unofficial third party mod on it, that's really none of their business. Of course, if they move it into a standalone product, or pick it up in any other official sense, then that's a BIT different. But for now, they don't owe you crap.