bigeazyxx@yahoo.com

Admin abuse US 137 Tacticalgamer.com clan server

A group of us that play on this server (US 137) organized a large raid focused on raiding camping and finding vehicles. We found numerous (poorly hidden) bases all along the edge of the map along with many vehicles. We did this late at night, with few people on the the server. We found so many tents we had to set up our own base and begin ferrying the loot via the vehicles. This went on for a period of ~2 days. During this time, we encountered resistance a few times from the TG members and we prevailed; escaping with the loot.

However, when the admins discovered that we had raiding their bases and taken their vehicles, they attempted to restart the server many times in order to regain their gear. We made sure to save tents after we raided them and save vehicles every time we exit them to prevent them from exploiting. We didnt take kindly to this misuse of server control, but we ignored it and kept playing. We also witnessed many TG members disconnect during firefights and ghost to gain position. These guys are mostly cowards (save for a few) when it comes to real combat, always disconnecting. After all this, we initiated a server wide man hunt for TG players, recruiting others and moving in teams to highly populated, high risk areas; and also known TG bases. Many will pay for the mistakes of a few.

We tried to log in today and continue and all our members are banned. We are not cheaters, and we got everything legit. After everything we have seen from these guys its not too surprising that they would rather ban us than try to take us out. We also had one of their members tell us they overheard a convo on their teamspeak about how they were going to ban us for "not playing in the spirit of DayZ", and made an analogy about us saying "its like we were walking up to two people playing chess and knocking over the board." That may be so, but maybe you should be guarding your base like a "tactical gamer" instead of leaning on server power. It appears to me that only people actually playing the game correctly (and rather tactically to boot) is us.

We would like disciplinary action taken against these server admins, this sort of behavior is unacceptable. The spirit of the game is not determined by a sore player who lost his camp and got shot. Welcome to DayZ, "tactical gamers."

Below are screenshots of some of our members bans. Will post more later when they get online. We also may have fraps of some of the pvp disconnects and the server restarts. I will find out soon.

http://i.imgur.com/Q3Tsn.png

http://i.imgur.com/RDmRx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/c39H6.jpg

http://imageshack.us/f/96/arma2oa2012080519110140.png/

Edited by bigeazy
  • Like 3

The sad part is we've lost gear to some of the better TG players quite a few times playing on the server. Rather than cry about the spirit of the game, we applaud the skill that landed an 800 yard DMR shot on a running man and move the fuck on. We were actually enjoying our little guerilla war and following finding their vehicles and founding our own base on their server, we decided to escalate proceedings to what would perhaps be the DayZ equivalent of a clan war. It was all rather exciting, truth be told. Sadly TG admins apparently feel because they pay for the server they pay for the right to be unopposed on said server. Furthermore, there wasn't even any base of rationality for the bans, they simply banned everyone who was on our teamspeak with a name that correlated with someone on their server. One of our associates was banned despite never having attacked a TG member in his life. He's only been playing the game for 3-4 days and is a friend of one of our members - he's spent the past two days being killed in Cherno.

Either way, we're sure they'll have no qualms about raiding our base now that they are once again the only sizeable organized force on the server.

Edited by Fidels
  • Like 2

This is probably the wrong forum for this, but I can confirm this as well. Banned on US 137, screenshot will be posted by OP. Reason? We robbed walmart, took even the shopping carts because we couldn't hold all that shit ourselves.

TacticalGamer is horrible, they banned me for "DoSing server" because I was trying to get a slot on their locked server.

• Like 2

You forgot the part about the helicopter (only one on the server being in the bottom of the sea).

• Like 1

I wouldn't count on a response from these guys either way. They are cowards and will continue to operate inside their little bubble of bullshit. At least until we get a moderator to look into this. The evidence is pretty substantial and I would be surprised if nothing is done.

I would like to extend a personal challenge to ANY TG admin or ranking member to actually own up to your wrongs. TG clearly has a manpower advantage and it should be easy for them overpower a small group like us. It blows my mind that a group of "adult gamers" with an active player base of 20+ members wouldn't try to take on a group of 6 or 7 people. The only reason they keep the server so "hardcore" is no one can see their constant firefight disconnects and duping methods.

• Like 2

I wouldn't count on a response from these guys either way. They are cowards and will continue to operate inside their little bubble of bullshit. At least until we get a moderator to look into this. The evidence is pretty substantial and I would be surprised if nothing is done.

I would like to extend a personal challenge to ANY TG admin or ranking member to actually own up to your wrongs. TG clearly has a manpower advantage and it should be easy for them overpower a small group like us. It blows my mind that a group of "adult gamers" with an active player base of 20+ members wouldn't try to take on a group of 6 or 7 people. The only reason they keep the server so "hardcore" is no one can see their constant firefight disconnects and duping methods.

Pfft, from what I remember today, someone with a burst fire AS50 shot me in the back after I secured a pickup truck. Like that's fair. And the day before, I got killed (again) by someone who happened to be in Lopitino at the same time as me, with a thermal scope, and had terrible aim. He couldn't hit me running and I should have known that so I wouldn't have made the mistake of stopping at the tree line and trying to get him back. Hit me in the legs, and while I was on the ground, he hit me in the head. Lost my ghillie and camo suits as well as an AS50 I found. I play by the TG primer we established, I didn't alt F4, nope, nothing. I took my death like a man.

As for evidence, I think this, this, and this are pretty substantial, like you said. You have a bit of motive, and apparently get 'banned' for no reason at all, even though the reason is right there for all to see. Enjoy your time off~

Edited by Mech__Warrior
  • Like 3

It seems as though they have decided to ban everyone that was in our TS at the time we hit their shit, whether or not they were actually involved.

• Like 1

Pfft, from what I remember today, someone with a burst fire AS50 shot me in the back after I secured a pickup truck. Like that's fair. And the day before, I got killed (again) by someone who happened to be in Lopitino at the same time as me, with a thermal scope, and had terrible aim. He couldn't hit me running and I should have known that so I wouldn't have made the mistake of stopping at the tree line and trying to get him back. Hit me in the legs, and while I was on the ground, he hit me in the head. Lost my ghillie and camo suits as well as an AS50 I found. I play by the TG primer we established, I didn't alt F4, nope, nothing. I took my death like a man.

As for evidence, I think this, this, and this are pretty substantial, like you said. You have a bit of motive, and apparently get 'banned' for no reason at all, even though the reason is right there for all to see. Enjoy your time off~

First link and last link are the same. That admin banned everyone on the server that wasn't him in primal rage. Unfortunatly, that thread has fallen into obscurity. Note the part where he revoked the bans (Even though he did not.). The second link, Is irrelevant here, not to mention dated by quite alot of time.

9DGyI.gif

Edited by Ferren

You forgot the part about the helicopter (only one on the server being in the bottom of the sea).

The helicopter was neither owned nor used by us. Though the smoke plume from the one crashing at your main base kind of gave your location away.

Edited by Ferren

Well you may remember from previously in this very thread - we're banned. So while your tears are entertaining - they can in no way pertain to the current case we have against your admin abuse. I don't understand whether you're insinuating it was us killing you today and in some kind of insane back-to-the-future way we deserved those bans or you're just trying to vent? I'm glad you took your death like a man, great, you're not one of the many TG members who've disconnected on us. Either way, you've still abused your admin privileges in banning a competing clan from your server.

Had you bothered to research any of the threads you just posted, you might realize how desperate and/or overzealous you're coming across.

Thread 1: The admin ADMITS to being wrong and banning EVERYONE from the server because he misinterpreted the vanilla arma script that launches when you press 'p' in game to bring up the playerlist.

Thread 2: Yes, as I mentioned before: we previously had something of a guerilla war against you guys which we found enjoyable from time to time - we recently stepped that up. I don't get what thread number two adds to your argument? That we've previously had problems with you (admittedly in that case allegedly) abusing admin rights? We came right out and owned up to it to stimulate a bit of competition between our groups and your first reaction is to ban us. Nice, the plot thickens.

Link 3: Is a direct link to a post from the first thread simply proving the assertions I made previously. See Thread 1.

Even ignoring all this bickering - you STILL have allegations of illegitimate blanket bans to address here, which you're pussyfooting around. You banned EVERYONE who had the poor luck to be on a certain teamspeak, because a small number raided your camps, plain and simple - or maybe you'd like to post the logs from your server (which may I point out BigEazy got banned from 1114 on the strength of erroneous logs - so if we were hacking on your server you would surely have the same scripts in your logs?)? Would you like to make any allegations? You still have yet to give us so much as a reason.

Maybe it's because we play entirely as legitimately as possible on your server? We do not ghost to positions of your camps and jump in to ambush you, we do not ferry your stuff off the server - we set up our own camp on the server purely to have fun playing against you guys on a level playing field and we do not move your vehicles off the map - we believe you recovered some such as the hilux and tractors before we were even banned. You can cross reference all of these statements with your server logs and members - our average play session on your server had to be upwards of 4 hours at a time, plenty of time to catch us with our pants down - as indeed you did on a few occasions and yet as soon as you learn our identities it's a blanket ban.

TL;DR

He's entirely avoided the question and is trying to sidestep the allegations, making attempts to fabricate proof to defend the ban. We were rather ironically banned for 'not playing in the spirit of the game' for taking their stuff.

TG memberbase is in sore (no pun intended) need of some

JGQIU.jpg

Edited by Fidels
  • Like 2

Not much to say that hasn't already been said here concerning your childish and poorly thought out rebuttal. I can offer a small piece of advise though: Check your corners, travel in groups, or continue to take arrows to the knee. No one likes whiny little baby. If this were a movie theater, you would be in the parking lot already.

oh and kudos for not DCing in a firefight, but you know damn well most of TG members DC and ghost. It happens almost every time! We usually don't engage without AS50s or M107s so they don't have a choice. Maybe some more of your members should read the primer.

and for the record: Orbit4l is the only person on your server that I've seen with any talent and he doesn't DC. But he doesn't even wear TG tags. I wonder why he's just a regular and not a member?

Edited by bigeazy

I would like to add, I just did some math on the things we took from your tents and to get all those AS50s, you would have had to have been farming helis for around 1166.6 hours straight, assuming your normally scheduled server restarts. That's to say nothing of all the GPSes, Ghillie Suits, Night Vision Goggles and L85s. Simply food for thought, I realize the duping allegations are unprovable and I don't wish to give you an aside to focus on here instead of the main issue, but I would like to attack any last vestiges of honour that you wish to hide behind. You know you've been duping.

As an ex-TacticalGamer member (2-3+ years ago), allow me to clear some things up:

First, TacticalGamer's admins don't pay for the server - community supporting members do. They don't have a sense of entitlement because of this.

Second: TacticalGamer, while I had witnessed some administrator problems in the past, it was usually just me disagreeing with how severely they punished people (or for what). I can't speak for the current DayZ administrators because I'm not sure who they are, but it's not usually in the MO of a TG Admin to blatantly abuse server controls and in-game powers to get their way. This sort of activity, were it to be proven, would be a scandal like none other inside their community, and unless things have seriously gone downhill since I left, hearing about this sort of incident is uncommon.

It is within the culture of TG to be sporting in your play; duping doesn't sound like something that would be very accepted by the community at large. In fact, I imagine anyone that was caught doing something like that may very well be banned from their server.

I would like to hear the say of a TG admin that was involved directly in issuing the ban before making any judgement calls.

Edited by Star
  • Like 1

As would we, but we do not believe we are making an unfounded attack here. In fact the entire reason we chose originally to play on their server was as you say the perceived 'sporting culture'. Perhaps this is not a good representation of the TG clan at large. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact they let anyone wear their TG tags without seemingly being a fully fledged member. Perhaps this is the result of a maverick admin. We don't know, we're just reporting our experience on the TG DayZ server to date - and so far, it hasn't been encouraging.

Edited by Fidels

I've been with Tactical Gamer for 5 years now and this thread doesn't sound anything like what TG is. It's a caricature, a strawman. Judging from your previous topic you are just trolling. You people as far as I know got banned for hacking, spawning on helicopters fully geared, using hacked maps (known TG camp sites, lol, even I don't know most of the camps of TG members).

There's over 27 thousand people in that community, there are some that disconnect during firefights, sure, as there are in any community that large.

Your overall tone and how ridiculous your claims are is why you haven't gotten any official response from the admin team. Just the claim that the admin restarts servers when they are attacked is ludicrous. The server restarts every 6 hours.

While I think this thread is a joke, I'm sure there's evidence against you and I would be happy to hear the admin team lay it in front of you here, but I think they'll let this thread of yours stand in its own merits while the admin team will address the comments with the appropriate parties.

If you got evidence of Alt+F4 please share it, our community would like to know who they are as well so they can be reported.

Edited by Kebab

I don't care how long you have been with TG, or how badly you want to dismiss this thread as a trolling attempt or further conspiracy against the great Tactical Gamer clan, the fact still remains that one or more of your admins has blanket banned an entire group of people identified from their presence in a teamspeak found on google regardless of their association, from your entire server. Your reason sounds the likeness a 13 year old would scream about after being shot inside his own base. Until your admin provides some sort of proof that we were doing anything but legitimately tearing your clan a new asshole, I will continue to bump this thread and smear your communities name in the dirt you believe you tread on. Next.

Edited by Ferren
  • Like 1

I don't care how long you have been with TG, or how badly you want to dismiss this thread as a trolling attempt or further conspiracy against the great Tactical Gamer clan, the fact still remains that one or more of your admins has blanket banned an entire group of people identified from their presence in a teamspeak found on google regardless of their association, from your entire server. Your reason sounds the likeness a 13 year old would scream about after being shot inside his own base. Until your admin provides some sort of proof that we were doing anything but legitimately tearing your clan a new asshole, I will continue to bump this thread and smear your communities name in the dirt you believe you tread on. Next.

Another thing is that you guys knew about the stockpile code named 'Walmart', which is what we used in TS. It's just for general supplies and stuff, it's not like there was epic loot there. Funny, how you guys knew about that while we never, ever, saw any of you in our TS. Then when we return the favor (Didn't take too much effort either) and listened in, you guys get pissy. Go cry me a river.

You guys talk about there being so much butthurt here by TGers, when you're the ones making page and a half posts about there being a TG conspiracy, most of our people exploiting glitches and all that bull, please. The only thing you guys are doing is embarrassing yourselves. Begging the mods on here doesn't exactly work either.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/6/7/67c6b_ORIG-I_Ain_t_Even_Mad.jpg

Edited by Mech__Warrior

The day when a TG admin abuses his or her powers with out something being done about it internally in TG is the day I leave TG. I would like to confirm that I am still a proud member of TG. If you think you have been wrongfully banned by TG you are free to contact an admin to review your case. They will give you the reasons and evidence of your ban. All of which is done privately unless you want to make it public. Here is the link to the forum where you can post your grievence.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/dayz-mod-contact-admin/

I'm going to attempt to clear up some misinformation and address a couple issues regarding US 137 and Tactical Gamer.

First off, I am the Owner/Manager of TacticalGamer.com. There is no higher authority within the Tactical Gamer community.

As you all know, there have been numerous hacking issues plaguing DayZ that have been quite problematic for many servers and communities. Admins are doing their best across the entire title to try and help curb these issues and deal with those that take advantage of others using less-than-honorable methods. US137 is no exception in this regard, and we do our best to identify and punish those who are manipulating the game engine to gain an unfair advantage. We also do our best to identify and punish those who utilize third parties to gain said information through manipulation/hacking of the DayZ environment. This is a never ending process that we, as server operators, have to accept and do our best to deal with.

As for the admin culture on US137; We have an EXTREMELY limited admin team and they have only been given very limited powers. They can kick/ban and restart the server. None of the admins have access to the actual server as I want to keep as much of the log data, RPT files, etc., locked up to prevent accusations of using said data to their advantage. The only DayZ admin that has full access to the environment is me.

The original claim of this thread is that "admins" are "abusing" these players because they got their stuff stolen. This simply isn't the case. The players in question were banned by ME based on a review of two days worth of logs, player reports, and active players on the server at the time of said reports. At no time did any of these players raid my camp, tents, or steal anything in any other way that I would have considered "property". I have little attachment to anything in this game simply due to it's alpha nature so I don't get bent out of shape if I die, lose stuff, or end up dying as I walk past a rock. It's a game, it's fun, but not something that should be life-affecting.

Tactical Gamer is also largely decentralized in terms of DayZ. There isn't a "main camp" for our community to be raided. Players within the community each have their own camps, operate independently, and we even fight/steal from each other. Is this really important? Not particularly, but the original posts from the banned players would have you believe that they somehow magically know the intent behind their bans as though they could read the minds of everyone they believe had a hand in them being removed from the server. Creating whimsical stories about the great plot against them by the admins and community are just that, whimsical stories.

The facts; Some of these guys were playing on our server and being observed for a couple days. This DISPLEASURED many on US 137 because I refused to simply ban them immediately and allowed them to continue playing. *I* banned these players after reviewing a number of player reports and log data. *I* was not on the server at the time the bans took place and the ban was not punitive in nature due to them stealing some weapons out of a tent. There is no other conspiracy behind this event.

The accusations; The TG community (branded as a whole here, which is a silly accusation) is populated by people who will ALT-F4 at the first sign of engagement. While I can't vouch for every single player, this is NOT common behavior within the community. There are players that I suspect of behaving like this, and I treat those players just as harshly as a guest playing on our server. It's not something that we accept as common behavior. The second accusation is one of item duplication. I know that the game as a whole can create instances where items in tents or persons are duplicated and just as I suspect a small number of people jumping on the ALT-F4 bandwagon, I believe that some area also taking advantage of item duplication. This is also something that we do not accept as common behavior and are working to identify/remedy.

As for the bans; we have a forum where players can request to have their bans removed: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/dayz-mod-contact-admin/

We treat all requests made in a mature manner equally. The key here is we expect people to act like adults. If you file an unban request filled with conspiracy theory, unfounded accusations, and fueled with personal insults; you will likely NOT get a satisfactory resolution. If you're capable of having a reasonable discussion, that's a different story...

• Like 7

Well said.

As a recent new member to TG, and an avid gamer since the days of Doom/Quake, I have never found a community as dedicated and committed to fair and honest play in any game TG is involved with. I have played as a guest on their servers since 2005 and have always been impressed by the cooperation and communication within this community.

As for TG in DayZ, this was the game that finally convinced me to join the team. As stated above, I have been killed by bugs, hackers, exploiters, straight up players, and even the AI zombies. I have lost vehicles, high value gear, and my pride more time than I can remember. It's not the stuff in the game that makes me log in day after day, it’s the brilliant implementation of the mod as well as the TG community that brings me back for more alpha abuse.

Anyone looking for a good team or a good fight will find it on the TG server.

Apophis,

Its nice to hear a mature response to the accusations made against TG by our group. I can assure you that I have not misrepresented our activities or the activities observed on your server in any way while playing on US 137. Additionally, I did make blanket statements about TG as a whole and for that I apologize. I am referring only to the majority of your active DayZ player base that we encounter when we play on US 137.

We in fact have our own server and are extremely vigilant when it comes to banning hackers and disconnecters. Yes there are times when we suspected people of hacking because they seemed to know the location of everything and were going on massive killing sprees. But unless we had solid 100% proof of hacking or exploiting, we didn't ban them. This is DayZ and its a small sandbox world. Experienced players know where to look and experienced groups can decimate a server in a matter of hours. These are things you already know. TG may not have a "main camp" but there were several very large camps that we can only assume are maintained by the dominant clan on the server. Also, during the initial raids, it was only us and TG members on the server with perhaps 3 or 4 non-tagged players. So it would stand to reason that when were fired on whilst raiding a large camp, it was a TG camp.

The facts; Some of these guys were playing on our server and being observed for a couple days. This DISPLEASURED many on US 137 because I refused to simply ban them immediately and allowed them to continue playing. *I* banned these players after reviewing a number of player reports and log data. *I* was not on the server at the time the bans took place and the ban was not punitive in nature due to them stealing some weapons out of a tent. There is no other conspiracy behind this event.

What exactly was observed that was a bannable offense? We do not disconnect during firefights EVER. In fact, Fidel and I have been playing on this server for a long time and have had several times where we were bested by you guys. We left with our tails between our legs and lived to fight another day. I don't understand what your members could be basing these ban claim on to start with. YES we raided camps. YES we shot and killed many TG members. YES we kept sniper positions on camps and vehicles. YES we hunted down players in the woods for sport. While this may not be your play style, these are not bannable offenses by any stretch of the imagination. If anything, our rivalry should make the whole DayZ experience more fun for you. We always joke about the DayZ lacking endgame, but then we realized that for some players, beating our group and killing us would be the endgame. So this keeps the whole experience fresh and exciting.

If you are accusing us of hacking or cheating, I would LOVE to see some server logs for that since there is no way they can exist. I was banned in the middle of the day when I wasn't even on the server. Same with some others. We even have one guy you banned who only just started playing and doesnt even group with us on missions. He just asks us questions and runs around on the coast getting killed a lot. What was the reason for that? He is of no threat to you and is definitely not a hacker. He barely knows how to use a compass, lol. That was really crossing the line imo, because that shows you issued bans to everyone in our teamspeak as he was not wearing clan tags. The teamspeak we use is actually owned by a group of players who mostly play BF3. All of this being said... we STILL have not been given a real reason for the bans. Just generalisations dancing around broad strokes. No real proof. Where are the screenshots? Where are the videos? Where are the server logs? From where I am sitting it appears the bans are based on hearsay from upset players. As an admin you should have confronted us first if you suspected foul play. You know as well as I do that everyone is quick to point the hacking finger when they get killed or robbed. TG members are no exception, especially when you have members with questionable credibility and honor; alt-f4s, server restarts, etc. Given the disorganized nature of your DayZ division, perhaps you should consider who let wear your clan tags.

I will be posting a ban appeal on your forums to have our bans removed. But am going to keep our admin abuse report open as well because I still believe we have been wronged and I want this to be investigated. Its getting almost impossible to find a server with legit admins anymore and I am just plain sick of the bs most of the admins give us. We were banned from a server the other day because the admin was too incompetent to read his own server logs. Banned 20+ people for things he misread in the logs and crap he skimmed on forums. If you are truly dedicated to running a legit server, you will investigate your own admins and check your logs against our players yourself. I would not be making such big deal out of this if it wasn't justified.

Edited by bigeazy
  • Like 2

Another thing is that you guys knew about the stockpile code named 'Walmart', which is what we used in TS. It's just for general supplies and stuff, it's not like there was epic loot there. Funny, how you guys knew about that while we never, ever, saw any of you in our TS. Then when we return the favor (Didn't take too much effort either) and listened in, you guys get pissy. Go cry me a river.

You guys talk about there being so much butthurt here by TGers, when you're the ones making page and a half posts about there being a TG conspiracy, most of our people exploiting glitches and all that bull, please. The only thing you guys are doing is embarrassing yourselves. Begging the mods on here doesn't exactly work either.

http://images.t-nati..._t_Even_Mad.jpg

Actually I had no idea you called a camp walmart, but lots of people say that about loot piles so your deduction skills elude you there, Sherlock. As for mkaing half page posts about a TG conspiracy and exploiting glitches. We HEARD you say it on your teamspeak first hand, we didn't make it up out of thin air or try to carefully construct a story. Its a fact. I wasn't going to bring up ghosting accusations as they have nothing to do with us being banned, but we had a mole in your teamspeak one day when a group of you were sniping in Cherno (its amazing what people are willing to do for an L85 and a guille suit. :-) .) Our group took out your sniping positions several times and we heard 2 members tell everyone else in the teamspeak they were going on another server to gain position on us. So don't tell me its bullshit. You know damn well some of your guys are less than honorable players. If any admins want the names of these players I can give them to you. But I really don't want this to distact from the topic of our bans, as I don't really care about some people cheap tactics. Can't hide from my AS50 even with your bs ghosting moves.

Edited by bigeazy