Sign in to follow this  
vibe

Absolutely disappointing playerbase

i don't even care anymore, i feel like we're past the worst part of it. but i do agree the vast majority play the game like little girls. i was reading about a dude who has the alt-f4 keyboard combo setup bound to a mouse key. we definitely have a problem.

i think once unlimited ammo / alt-f4 issues are are fixed the quality will go up dramatically.

Edited by Prion

i don't even care anymore, i feel like we're past the worst part of it. but i do agree the vast majority play the game like little girls. i was reading about a dude who has the alt-f4 keyboard combo setup bound to a mouse key. we definitely have a problem.

i think once unlimited ammo / alt-f4 issues are are fixed the quality will go up dramatically.

YEAAAAHHH, THAT'S SUCHA PROBLEM!!!! PUSSIES PLAYING LIKE LITTLE SCARED GIRLS!!!! THIS IS HARDCORE SHIT BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YYYYYYYYEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH I KILL ONLINE PUPPETS!!!!!!!

OMG, YOU'RE SOOOOO HARDCORE!! SUCH A BADASS!!! YEAH!@#$$#%$!#!

No, I'm just playing it how it was meant to be played

No, I'm just playing it how it was meant to be played

YEAH!!!!!!!! AND THAT'S THE HARDCORE WAY!!!!!! SHOOT THEM ONLINE PUPPETS!!!!!! COLD BLOODED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I have to agree, in 15 years of online gaming, this is by far the worst community I have ever seen.

I agree with this too. Definitely one of the worst - if not the worst - communities I've ever been a part of. In all the time I've been playing this game, the number of friendly people I've run into, is a lowly 2 players.

Between the script-kiddies / hackers, the 'shoot-on-sight whether you're armed or not' players, the geared-up Snipers who sit and camp Elektro and Cherno to snipe new players AND the Alt+F4'ers, this community really is terrible.

In the last session of about 3 hours, I killed one guy who shot at me, who then Alt+F4'd. I got sniped at the NWAF while trying to find some half-decent loot, then I spawned in again, ran to Cherno to grab food and drink from the Supermarket so I could head North again and was sniped by a guy sitting on the hill. Freshly spawned and unarmed.

The only shining light for this community is the very few players who will actually help you and maybe team-up for an hour or two. It's hard enough finding someone that won't shoot you on sight, let alone someone who will actually be friendly lol.

Come on people, there must be more of you out there...

I agree with this too. Definitely one of the worst - if not the worst - communities I've ever been a part of. In all the time I've been playing this game, the number of friendly people I've run into, is a lowly 2 players.

Between the script-kiddies / hackers, the 'shoot-on-sight whether you're armed or not' players, the geared-up Snipers who sit and camp Elektro and Cherno to snipe new players AND the Alt+F4'ers, this community really is terrible.

In the last session of about 3 hours, I killed one guy who shot at me, who then Alt+F4'd. I got sniped at the NWAF while trying to find some half-decent loot, then I spawned in again, ran to Cherno to grab food and drink from the Supermarket so I could head North again and was sniped by a guy sitting on the hill. Freshly spawned and unarmed.

The only shining light for this community is the very few players who will actually help you and maybe team-up for an hour or two. It's hard enough finding someone that won't shoot you on sight, let alone someone who will actually be friendly lol.

Come on people, there must be more of you out there...

...As I was saying:

Bitches be crazy.

So, using 3rd person view to look safely around a corner without actually having to stick one's head out is an exploit?

On a veteran server? Yes.

It's really simple how to fix this, just make a 30 second timer before logout. I dislike the community because of the fact that 99% are willing to kill any player even if they're harmless/friendly.

I can't wait for the next full database wipe. Watching everyone cry and complain over all their lost gear is going to be funny. If dying/losing your gear is too much of an emotional shock for you that you have to disconnect to prevent it, you should just go play a different game.

To me, when you finally have everything the game gets kinda boring. Recently I had a GPS, NVG, all the high-end guns, ghille suit, etc etc. The game was just boring at that point. My solution: I ran around cherno with a grenade until I found someone to declare jihad on. We both went boom. Some random other person got a lot of free gear. Farming up is more fun then actually being fully geared. Thats just my opinion i guess.

database wipe....?

Yes, occasionally between updates, the database gets wiped and everyone starts fresh.

I hope they wipe the database once they finally fix the tent duping exploits

Yea, I would imagine that is when they would do it. Death has no real consequence at the moment. Just run to tent and re-gear.

Nah people been doing this shit for years. I been a flashpoint fan since it came out an although this mod has brought more casual players and kids in than earlier ones such as farmhouse or yomies zombie mods people still did shit like that then, I'd heard of a lot admitting to having their eth cable close in some games to physically pull it out the router when they knew they were trapped just so the other team wouldn't get a kill (gear was meaningless and unwanted so was just spite).

Any permadeath game, one with lootables and some level of effort required to get them people try whatever. Ruins the game for me hence don't do it as it's pointless. I'm somewhat of completionist and enjoy challenge and enjoy winning some losing some, but many cannot take losing and in alpha stage features are being added so we aren't at the fix it stage yet so just accept it or come back later since as much as I don't like it complaining is pointless and the issue is to be expected.

Edited by wyre
  • Like 1

Something missing from this post:

Why the hell were you shooting them to begin with? If you had a makarov and they were 'geared', that screams that you shot first.

Why the hell wouldn't I? Of course I shot first, I wouldn't have won otherwise (probably). It was a close encounter and I doubt these three wanted to let me live, I played it safe and ambushed them.

there's a difference in cheating and exploiting. Cheating is not permitted, like hacking. Exploiting is using game mechanics to your advantage. Though frowned upon, it's permitted

I can recall that it was explicitly stated by rocket that ALT+F4 to save yourself is disallowed in this mod and will warrant a ban.

If you have a bunch of gear that it took you hours and hours to get, you're lying if you're just gonna sit and die if you have the option of not dying and keeping all your stuff. E-honor is a unicorn, learn to shoot.

And it is guys like you who ALT+F4. I've died countless times with some pretty amazing gear, so have my friends. Guess what, none of us ever used ALT+F4. Dying is a part of the game and unlike you, I actually like the first few hours of a fresh character.

Perhaps you should reconsider the games you are playing, I am convinced permadeath isn't for you. Actually, I'm just going to call you a girl.

Edited by Vibe

I salute a dude called Luke, i killed him near castle Rog a few moons back, he shot as soon as he saw me, i dodged around and tried to direct with him for a bit..he never answered me while i was bandaging just near him. I snuck up and popped him in the back of the head with my winnie. He knew i was there somewhere , it was dark, i had flares popped and he was lit up on the edge of the circle of light near a tree looking for me..sorry Luke..i had to take you down pal, but at least you never logged. He had semi decent gear too.

Alt f4 or combat logging is for pussies..exploit or not..it is definitely cheating. It is in the game but everyone knows that is beside the point, even the loggers. Your getting shot at, your in some sort of firefight..if you don't stay until the finish..good or bad..you pussied out, and you know it.. for a few pixels worth of gear.

You just got to shake your head and move on when you come across it, and know that you didnt sink that low. Doesn't matter if you do not get their gear..if they log they have declared their non skills and lost face.

Logging on an obvious hack is clearly different.

Using 3dp is also clearly different, it is a server option and up to the player to decide if that is their gamestyle.

People trying to justify combat logging are pussies and no amount of but he did this..or he said that changes it.

Combat loggers... Fuck off pussies :D

• Like 1

Actually, the fact that people WANT to ALT+F4 is a good thing - it means they are afraid of dying which is important for a game like this. The fact that they CAN ALT+F4 however is bad, because it means they can cheat.

In a perfect world there would be a disconnect timer which left your body in the world for a certain time when not logging off properly, but it seems the Arma engine can't handle that.

Actually, the fact that people WANT to ALT+F4 is a good thing - it means they are afraid of dying which is important for a game like this. The fact that they CAN ALT+F4 however is bad, because it means they can cheat.

This is exactly what I was pointing out. I was surprised at how many people would pull an exploit to save themselves. One is wanting to do it, other one is actually doing it, knowing it is an exploit. In fact I put people who abuse exploits and people who use hacks/cheats/third party software in the same bin. Just shameful.

Well, at the moment you can't alt+f4 from the game whilst actually in game, (aborting not counted obviously) it only works while knocked out, surely that can be applied to make alt+f4 do jack shit both ingame and whilst knocked out?

people will then start to ctrl alt del instead but that takes a fair bit longer then simply alt+f4 giving you plenty of time to walk up to him and put a round through his attempted exploiting skull