Sign in to follow this  
bjason1

Can't Play - Afraid of Hackers

So I'm all geared out and I know if there's one thing you have to learn about DayZ, it's: Don't get attached to your gear. Respawning in Cherno and battling your way out is half the fun of this game. That being said, my char is now 10 days old, I have an L85 and an AS-50 and a Ghillie Suit and all necessary survival tools. I roamed the Chernarus for Dayz collecting all my stuff.

Sadly, I am now too afraid to play. I logged in yesterday evening and hadn't been on for about 5 minutes when I got raged on by a script kiddy that teleported to me and started lighting me up with a weapon I've never seen from about 2 feet away. Luckily, I disconnected with about 2000 blood left. I proceeded to shrug it off and get on another server, where I played for about 30 minutes, killed a cow and got some blood back. As I made my way to Novy Sobor for some bandit murdering (I can't go to Stary because of the graphical glitch and most people are in the same predicament, so I've been finding them next to Novy instead) BAM - teleported into what I think was a tower of some sort with about a dozen other players. I think it was everyone on the server. I didn't bother to see what the hell was happening, I just disconnected again. I have not logged back on since. This is just yesterday, I could go on for DayZ with stories of the various hacks I've seen, from instant death for everyone on the server to some kind of Jets bombing Elektro.

I am now too afraid to play, as I'll lose my weeks worth of gathering gear.

Rocket, please do something about hacking. At this point, shouldn't you have some investors and the funds necessary to develop your own server side anti-cheat? What is going on? The population of this game is in rampant decline and LITERALLY every server has hackers on it running amock. Until something is done, or until I can make a secondary character to play with, I'm not logging on.

• Like 9

My character was 36 dayz old and when it got killed I got all my gear and even more back in 5 hours!

Edited by DooM4MR

OP, count your blessings!

I can't play because I am scared of zombies!

Edited by AGlumSon
  • Like 2

You should be playing expecting to be killed by hackers. I've died 4 times this past week with 5 other of my friends(who have all died the same amount of times as me) because of of hackers being other invisible, invulnerable, teleporting us out into the ocean or dropping nukes on us. Every single time it was on a different server being killed by different people. Not only that but the hackers are rolling in groups now. The time my group got killed by invisible hackers there was a group of 4 of them roaming Balota in a UAZ. The moment they step out they vanish, next thing you know you see puffs of smoke in your face and you're on the death screen.

Typically death is a pretty natural thing in DayZ, hackers have become the norm of the mod, don't play without expecting someone to go out of their way to ruin the mod with cheats

• Like 1

Don't be afraid to play. If you stop playing the hackers win, play if you get hacked try and get the info on them and report it. If you lose your gear it sucks for sure but hell I think gearing up is the most fun of the game shrug it off and start new. Dont let these bastards ruin it for you.

Rocket cannot do anything about the hacking - it's the core engine of Arma 2 that's the "problem" - I use that word very tenuously. Arma 2's target playerbase was meant for serious players who want to simulate real life combat as possible and were given tools given to script/modify/create things in the game (specifically custom missions). It was not geared towards griefers which the Youtube community ultimately attracted because of the major publicity.

The best thing that can happen for now (that is realistic) is for servers to get better admin tools.

• Like 2

You should be playing expecting to be killed by hackers. I've died 4 times this past week with 5 other of my friends(who have all died the same amount of times as me) because of of hackers being other invisible, invulnerable, teleporting us out into the ocean or dropping nukes on us. Every single time it was on a different server being killed by different people. Not only that but the hackers are rolling in groups now. The time my group got killed by invisible hackers there was a group of 4 of them roaming Balota in a UAZ. The moment they step out they vanish, next thing you know you see puffs of smoke in your face and you're on the death screen.

Typically death is a pretty natural thing in DayZ, hackers have become the norm of the mod, don't play without expecting someone to go out of their way to ruin the mod with cheats

Fair enough man. I just feel really defeated at this point. It used to be so much fun surviving and fighting bandits in this game. I guess I'll just play knowing that hackers will find me and kill me eventually.

Learn how to dupe your gear it's the only way to counter the hacking.

I have many copies of l85s, mk48s, as50s, range finders, night vision goggles spread across different servers. If I die with the gear I don't really care anymore. I have had hackers teleport a car behind me and run me over or break my legs from a helicopter or teleport behind me with hatchets.

Edited by badger05

Stop blaming every death on hackers, I've only confirmed one encounter with a hacker and I aborted before they killed me (immediately upon them teleporting me to the NWAF). Every other way I died has been either legit or due to my own carelessness, or bugs.

People abusing scripts does happen, but there's no way are you guys getting killed by 'hackers' as often as you think you are. If you really are then you need to change servers once in a while.

Edited by Ulfhedjinn

Just play the game. You don't know it yet, but you'll be thankful when you do have to start again.

It's more fun when you have nothing or almost nothing. Any moron can look down a thermal sight and then switch to their sniper rifle when they find a target. Imo it doesn't make for compelling gameplay, but that's just me I guess.

Besides, with the duping going on you'll find a lot of AS50's and L85's in Cherno. You can tell them apart from the legit players because they're the ones running around carelessly.

And duping items is no better than cheating.

Edited by redsh1rt

Losing to gameplay gives me the drive to struggle back to the top of the hill. Losing all my stuff because somebody downloaded a script gives me the drive to play something else.

• Like 4

Stop blaming every death on hackers, I've only confirmed one encounter with a hacker and I aborted before they killed me (immediately upon them teleporting me to the NWAF). Every other way I died has been either legit or due to my own carelessness, or bugs.

No way are you guys getting killed by 'hackers' as often as you think you are, and if you are then you need to change servers once in a while.

Every death I've had in the past two weeks was hackers. You're brain-damaged if you think otherwise. What gameplay element in DayZ teleports me---and every other player on the server except for one---to the other side of the map and then drops us 100m to our deaths? I was killed that way twice today and twice the last time I played during prime time. In between then I've been playing very early morning on very low pop servers which has allowed me to avoid most of the hackers, albeit has also allowed me to avoid most of the elements of DayZ I enjoy.

Change servers once in awhile? I thought server-hopping was bad? I do change servers, it doesn't matter when hackers can show up on any server at any time.

I find it mind-boggling that some people are trying to downplay just how bad that hacking currently is. I really have to wonder what your motives are.

Edited by random51
  • Like 2

Cheaters are vermin. They have no skills, no life and probably look like the Hunchback of Notre-Dame with the physique of a toothpick.

Part of me pities them, and part of me wants to snap their necks like twigs.

Keep playing, and if you are ever killed by one at least you will know that they are simply bottom feeders that would make plankton look super cool and fantastic.

Your life is better than theirs.

Yeah, cheaters have pretty much ruined the experience for me. Pretty much everyone that doesn't manage to kill me is geared out in AS50 TWS and every item possible -- there's just so much item duping and script hacking that it seems like a lot of people have resorted to the cheating just so they don't get burned as bad when a hacker comes along and teleports them.

I love the game, but it's not really worth trying to survive until the cheating is dealt with in either the mod or until the standalone version comes out.

• Like 1

I missed being teleported to Thunderdome twice today on 2 different servers. I was loading in when they teleported everyone. Abort was disabled as well as alt F4.

Every death I've had in the past two weeks was hackers. You're brain-damaged if you think otherwise. What gameplay element in DayZ teleports me to the other side of the map and then drops me 100m to my death? I was killed that way twice today and twice the last time I played during prime time. In between then I've been playing very early morning on very low pop servers which has allowed me to avoid most of the hackers, albeit has also allowed me to avoid most of the elements of DayZ I enjoy.

Change servers once in awhile? I thought server-hopping was bad? I do change servers, it doesn't matter when hackers can show up on any server at any time.

Every death in the past two weeks? Okay, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but there's something fishy with the servers you're playing on as I've only been teleported to somewhere once in the past two weeks.

Changing servers once in a while is server hopping? You can't possibly be exaggerating, no sir. Crap, playing on a different server each day, and maybe swapping servers once or twice a day due to lag, is really going to come back and fuck me hard when Rocket implements a punishment. Whatever will I do?

I find it mind-boggling that some people are trying to downplay just how bad that hacking currently is. I really have to wonder what your motives are.

I just told my friend on Steam that it wouldn't be long until someone implies I am, or am defending, hacking. I should've put money on that one.

Edited by Ulfhedjinn

The hacking is out of control in this game. The weird part is it has seen an exponential growth during the past two weeks. Due to what? Popularity of the game? Widespread distribution of a hack client? Something changed during the past few weeks that has made hacking go from a minor nuisance to a major obstacle to enjoying the game.

I can't play because I'm afraid of the dark and I don't know how to work out the timezones of servers. I just don't want to risk entering a server in the dark.

• Like 1

Had to shut my server down because a script kiddie kept coming on and teleporting people, it ruined the evening because one moment the server was full then most people quit and left which is sad. Script kiddies are killing this game and Battleye is worthless because it's too easy to bypass it. I knew nothing about scripting but after 1 hour of reading I feel I know enough to spawn stuff and teleport, so if a numptie like me could potentially do it then this mod has no future.

I already play with mediocre weapons and gear purely because I expect to get killed by a script kiddie for the hundredth time,

Rocket seriously needs to wake the hell up and realise what it happening, server admins need to be given the tools and power to sort this out themselves before this mod is killed before it's even got going. At the moment if a script kiddie comes on my server and starts teleporting people I can shut the server down within seconds and save most if not all the legit players. I can then trawl the logs to find the little tosser trying to spoil everyone's fun but I'm not allowed to ban him.....WTF

Rocket change your retarded terms of service.

• Like 2

The hacking is out of control in this game. The weird part is it has seen an exponential growth during the past two weeks. Due to what? Popularity of the game? Widespread distribution of a hack client? Something changed during the past few weeks that has made hacking go from a minor nuisance to a major obstacle to enjoying the game.

When popularity surges, it creates an environment ripe for hack authors to sell their warez to the retards who would buy it. In addition, there's just a ton of people out there that love to grief -- their idea of fun is to ruin the game for everyone ... then they will move on to some other game.

I can then trawl the logs to find the little tosser trying to spoil everyone's fun but I'm not allowed to ban him.....WTF

Rocket change your retarded terms of service.

The hosting sticky says you can kick players for being disruptive, are you not allowed to ban them too? If not, that does suck.

When popularity surges, it creates an environment ripe for hack authors to sell their warez to the retards who would buy it. In addition, there's just a ton of people out there that love to grief -- their idea of fun is to ruin the game for everyone ... then they will move on to some other game.

Take a look at League of Legends. It is pretty much a clean game. On a very rare occasion a hacker will find an exploit, but Im pretty sure in the thousands of hours I have playedt he game I have not been in the same game as a hacker. Now I know tonight for sure I will have a problem with a hacker.