Sign in to follow this  
billyphuz

Zeds see through Walls?

Date/Time: 5/25/12 2:50PM EST

What happened: Crawled into a barn, definitely unseen by patrolling zeds. It's one of those barns usually with loot, with stairs on both sides (3 levels total). I crawled around behind some crates, and heard the gentle moans of a Z just outside from where I was. Decided I should eat some food, which necessitated giving up the crawling position - Zed, still out of sight outside the barn, made the aggro noises, and I think I could hear the sound of his 'swiping' attacks. Went back to prone to chill for a minute, then zed came in the other door to attack -- he went back to stumbling mode for a few seconds, then resumed his attack. I was quite certain that there was no visible line of sight when the aggro happened, and by the time the zed showed up inside the barn I was definitely prone again. I can only imagine that he "saw" me through the walls, unless eating food makes that much of a ruckus...

Where you were: Barn north of Prigorodki (middle of a field, no town nearby)

What you were doing: see above

*Current installed version: 1.5.8.4

*Server(s) you were on: Chicago 10 (requires beta)

Thanks devs for the hard work!

Not only do they see through walls, but they go through walls and attack you. I have had this happen many times, mostly in firehouses.

I got hit through a supermarket wall and had to bandage up. I was looking at some loot and suddenly incurred a hit out of nowhere.

I think it as something to do with their detection area, at 1-2 meters they automatically detect and attacks. Don't know if it's an engine limitation, but for now I recommend staying a healthly distance from the wall, if you can head an infected panting behind it.

I think it as something to do with their detection area' date=' at 1-2 meters they automatically detect and attacks. Don't know if it's an engine limitation, but for now I recommend staying a healthly distance from the wall, if you can head an infected panting behind it.

[/quote']

I believe this how it is also. Since Rocket has mentioned that the zombies are not Arma2 AI units, but animals then maybe the animal class in the engine does not have a line of sight detection but a radius detection. Maybe so the animals can "run away"