Sign in to follow this  
TheMachine

Rocket - shut down the alpha test if you ever expect to get ppls money

People won't pay for dayz when they realise how badly it's been compromised by hackers(or script kiddies/cheaters, lets not get caught up on semantics here), Rocket.

The bugs etc wouldn't put people off because they'll see potential.

The hacking however, is a different issue altogether.

When people see how inept the engine/battleye is at stopping this type of behaviour it'll be red flags.

Let's not waste time arguing about why it happens either, or musing over the weaknesses of the engine and how it's not DayZ's fault, it's someone else's fault.

I'm entirely seriously by the way.

I love playing DayZ and I'm excited to see the standalone release, which I hope will do really well.

For now though, the best thing for the mod would be to put the hive to sleep until it's released.

At this point the only thing that's happening is new players (and old, alike) are being put off the game by the plague of scripters infesting every server.

I know people will bleat and moan about this, but they're being selfish and would compromise the very promising future of DayZ as a standalone game just for a few 'lolz' in a hacker infested mod.

• Like 8

First.

But seriously, there are hackers messing things up along with giving every server admin 'cheating' powers. You're not just in danger of hackers, but the hordes of server admins who do wtf ever they want. Basically tempting them every time they get killed to dish out punishment to you with no recourse.

I thought if this would work as stand-alone, and the only way would be MMO style, as right now all the servers, the lack of policing hackers, and "well it's alpha so the hackers are showing us what to fix so deal with it" is bad bad news.

Please update the next DayZ version / Arma 2 beta with a feature which disables all the built-in teleport, spawn, and other waiting-to-be-abused code so hackers have less access to all those commands.

Edited by Vexus

Private servers/hives are still good, most hackers can't be bothered signing up when there are thousands of easier targets.

• Like 1

Yes, let's let the cheaters win!

To let the alpha test go on any longer is to let the cheaters win I'm afraid.

• Like 1

Yes, let's let the cheaters win!

The cheaters are already winning. There is no "let" to it.

Something drastic has to happen soon, the OP's suggestion is one of the possibilities.

Edited by random51

i had a gg on a server with about 30 ppl today UK 120, was on there for about 4 hours.

very gg

lol at op

How complicated would it be to switch from battleeye to a different protection? I know some steam games use other methods of stop hacking/cheating.

It's good to see some people with IQ above 100.Op has some valid points.

How complicated would it be to switch from battleeye to a different protection? I know some steam games use other methods of stop hacking/cheating.

The anti cheat service isn't the problem, the very same cheats would exist if they switched to vac or PunkBuster or any other alternative.

Hope I'm not tempting fate here but the worst experiences I've had with hackers were being nuked once on the first day over a month a go and a black SUV driving and honking in Cherno. Maybe there are more subtle hacks going on but they do not affect y playstyle. I play on Russian servers, perhaps all the infamous Russian "hackers" go grief other countries servers.

Edited by ZlobaRUS54

the hilarious shit is just whatever it is the op thinks a standalone is. i mean unless he is trolling, which he prolly is. because the way he is saying "shut it down" until the standalone, just simply reeks of having no understanding of what he is playing, what it would have to be in a "standalone" and where rocket could even technically come into that.

the realists know this; the mod will remain for arma 2 and then be released on arma 3 as a mod. it will be subject to whatever level of hacking it happens to be

and you know what?

the little bitches calling to "shut it down" will go unheard. just watch ;)

I doubt that the standalone version will fix hacking anytime soon. It will be months of work to rewrite the arma2 engine.

I doubt that the standalone version will fix hacking anytime soon. It will be months of work to rewrite the arma2 engine.

it won't use the arma2 engine though

The only way to save DayZ is to kill DayZ. While this might be a good idea for someone in-game with a broken leg and no morphine, it makes no sense in development. It's like saying that testing will ruin the game...

sadly, i agree

since the last week, my favorite server has severly been attacked by hackers, and the admin cant do anything about it when they dont appear in the server logs

since its an alpha, at least give admins the ability to track players loot/positions/kills/deaths in the server logs until hacking is solved by battleye or Bohemia

That's true, it may take some time, currently it can't be done at all though so at least they can start fixing it when it's standalone.

it won't use the arma2 engine though

Well no it will be using the Real Virtuality engine, which both ArmA2 and ArmA3 are based on so it will be very similar, at least it can be modified though.

Edited by smasht_AU

I really hope he does not listen to you.

The reason I am interested in the game and love it so much even in alpha stage with its issues is because we get to play it early as its in developement and give ideas, sugestions,etc..

There would nto be as much interest in the game if it was not able to be played in Alpha Stage.

Thaank god you are not rocket lol

People won't pay for dayz when they realise how badly it's been compromised by hackers(or script kiddies/cheaters, lets not get caught up on semantics here), Rocket.

The bugs etc wouldn't put people off because they'll see potential.

The hacking however, is a different issue altogether.

When people see how inept the engine/battleye is at stopping this type of behaviour it'll be red flags.

Let's not waste time arguing about why it happens either, or musing over the weaknesses of the engine and how it's not DayZ's fault, it's someone else's fault.

I'm entirely seriously by the way.

I love playing DayZ and I'm excited to see the standalone release, which I hope will do really well.

For now though, the best thing for the mod would be to put the hive to sleep until it's released.

At this point the only thing that's happening is new players (and old, alike) are being put off the game by the plague of scripters infesting every server.

I know people will bleat and moan about this, but they're being selfish and would compromise the very promising future of DayZ as a standalone game just for a few 'lolz' in a hacker infested mod.

I agree, but i would rather it be opened up for people who want to actually test this mod. Maybe only open to around 300k players for a period of time? I think it is crucial now in order to move forward we have to take a few steps back.

It wouldn't bother me at all if them cheaters didn't kill my character with a push of a button while it took me weeks to gather my loot. Not only that but being tactical and careful and basically roleplaying survival gets totally pointless when some asshole kills you instantly from kilometers away.

Although there are hackers, I think they still need to keep it open. Not everyone is affected by them. I've only been affected twice. (I've been playing for a few weeks now)

They are still getting a lot of good feedback and knowledge despite the hacking. Those who complain about the hackers, scream louder then those who do not, hence why 50% (it seems) of the threads are all about hacking or hackers. This large of an Alpha has great data gathering potential. Limiting the alpha would only concentrate the hackers into fewer servers. Now that Dayz is public knowledge and many people have bought Arma II for this reason, it would be naive to think that limiting the amount of players would stop hacking.