Sign in to follow this  
dantoramandova

Duping: 3/4 of High Level Gear is Duplicated

Before you say anything, yes I did pull 3/4 out of my ass.

The problem is, it might be even higher than this. Lets take a quick look at the AS50 loot spawn rate. Being at 0.87% (that's less than 1 percent!) You would imagine that you would NEVER see an AS50 spawn at a helicopter crash. (Source: http://picacid.com/arma2/loot_en.html) If you've played for a bit, you notice that many players are running around with an AS50 or other high level loot. Why is this? This is because of duplicating glitches. There are many ways to do, I know of four ways, and it's extremely easy.

I used to dupe for a long time, but when I finally realized it destroyed the purpose of getting new items, I stopped. Ex: "Oh hey, I found an MK-48! Oh wait, I already have one!" I convinced by friends it had been patched and if you attempted it, your inventory would be wiped, or the items you intended to dupe would disappear. One of the best lies I've ever told.

So, that sniper shooting unarmeds in Vysota must be really good at the game to ever get an AS50 right? Wrong. After so many months of duping and the passing on of weapons, the system has become oversaturated with high level gear. This is inevitable even without duping, but the pace of it has increased dramatically. Slapped on with hacker crates and the ridiculously easy ability to dupe, everyone is running around with a 0.87% drop rate weapon. This is breaking the game. It's really no longer a zombie simulator, but an overly huge map with snipers lined on the coast, newly spawned players looking to dupe, and the lucky few who can still enjoy the game without the knowledge of duping.

And worst of all, we can do really nothing to stop this...

1. Wipe the hive of everyone's inventory.

2. Change the source code/net code or whatever is the origin of duping to stop the production of high level gear for low level IQ users.

• Like 14

I've read that the dupe system can only be fixed in ArmA 2's code :l

What would be cool would be to have a monthly reset for the inventories.

Each person will see their inventory resetted the first of the month.

(Well, that might sound like a bad idea in fact)

I used to dupe for a long time.

So how are you any better than the current dupers? This post is hypocrisy.

Edited by Forceflare

Before you say anything, yes I did pull 3/4 out of my ass.

The problem is, it might be even higher than this. Lets take a quick look at the AS50 loot spawn rate. Being at 0.87% (that's less than 1 percent!) You would imagine that you would NEVER see an AS50 spawn at a helicopter crash.

qMTc7.jpg

GL !!

• Like 1

I don't think you understand my point. I'm saying that 3/4 of high level weapons are duped, and that there is a 0.87% spawn rate for AS50s.

They are obviously far apart, which is exactly my point.

duping is bad i just laugh when you see a big clan of say ten or more you mostly know that they duped there crap gave it others and now rule there own servers

basically wipes should be done regular if they cant solve it or take out the things that cause the duping.

Could you please PM me...

Better do it before Mr. "moderator abuse" Curgon bans you for "spam" with no legitimate reason.

So how are you any better than the current dupers? This post is hypocrisy.

Because this person stopped duping and is trying to stop it.

• Like 5

I used to think all the AS50s were duped too but I can't ignore the fact that, just in the last 24 hours alone and during the course of investigating around six heli crashes, I found two AS50s, an M14 AIM, and an FN FAL. I won't even get in to which weapons a friend and I found at the NWAF last night.

This site says there were 183,873 players in the last 24 hours, this needs factoring in to your probability.

Edited by Ulfhedjinn

You used to dupe. I currently dupe. But I don't dupe high end weapons. I don't need to. If you run with a clan high end weapons are reasonably easy to come by.

Because this person stopped duping and is trying to stop it.

Leave, moron. You know nothing about hypocrisy, clearly.

I used to think all the AS50s were duped too but I can't ignore the fact that, just in the last 24 hours alone and during the course of investigating around six heli crashes, I found two AS50s, an M14 AIM, and an FN FAL. I won't even get in to which weapons a friend and I found at the NWAF last night.

Perhaps, but recently the shear amount of people that are running around with an MK-48, DMR, or AS50 in god damn Cherno is really making me start to wonder about the legitimacy of how they aquired their weapons. Maybe they found them on a dead body, but perhaps that dead person duped it, or found it off another dead body, and perhaps he duped it?

You never know because these family-trees might extended back months to a helicopter crash, or some kid who just learned how to dupe.

Perhaps, but recently the shear amount of people that are running around with an MK-48, DMR, or AS50 in god damn Cherno is really making me start to wonder about the legitimacy of how they aquired their weapons. Maybe they found them on a dead body, but perhaps that dead person duped it, or found it off another dead body, and perhaps he duped it?

You never know because these family-trees might extended back months to a helicopter crash, or some kid who just learned how to dupe.

It's more than possible some/lots of duping is going on, but really, the probabilities are not really that surprising. I've been playing DayZ for something like a week and a half or two weeks now, by the end of week one I'd learned enough about the game to start helicopter hunting, I'm not in to PvP so that's "end game content" for me and it's now what I typically do unless I've been killed and had to start over.

If we assume that even a fraction of the 183,873 unique players per day engage in helicopter hunting as a passtime, the 0.87% spawn rate per person/group just shot up quite drastically and we might have plenty of AS50s and other pieces of hardware floating around the hive and being stolen by bandits.

Edit: Unless my maths is fucktarded, and it usually is, if only 10% of those people are heli hunting at the same time then there's potentially a chance for an upper limit of over 21,000 of them finding an AS50. Nope, that's totally wrong, but it'll still be a lot.

Edit 2: Okay, unless my maths is still fucktarded it should be an upper limit of about 159 people finding an AS50 at any one time, assuming even a low as 10% of the population are heli hunters. Feel free to correct me, anyone, maths is not my strong point.

Edited by Ulfhedjinn

Make tents/vehicles save every time there opened and the duping will be fixed.

• Like 5

my friend said too that it ruins the game, but we all do it anyways. because when he dies. it isnt THAT bad.

without duplicating this game would suck shit and i would start hacking, or quit :)

Tent dupes are giving me a headache.

I don't want 4m9sds and 40mags Ffs.

It gets to a point where the only thing left to do is make your tent eat duped items.

my friend said too that it ruins the game, but we all do it anyways. because when he dies. it isnt THAT bad.

without duplicating this game would suck shit and i would start hacking, or quit :)

This game isn't for you then, one of the requirements is balls. Says so on the main site.

Why not go play a game like COD or Battlefield where you can unlock a new weapon by easily headshotting 25 people?

• Like 6

Make tents/vehicles save every time there opened and the duping will be fixed.

err no. You don't need a tent or a vehicle to dupe.

err no. You don't need a tent or a vehicle to dupe.

It would atleast quell the tide a little bit. Besides, those are presently the easiest ways.

It would atleast quell the tide a little bit. Besides, those are presently the easiest ways.

You can use your inventory. Its the easiest way to do it.

This game isn't for you then, one of the requirements is balls. Says so on the main site.

Why not go play a game like COD or Battlefield where you can unlock a new weapon by easily headshotting 25 people?

because on black ops im 15th prestige and mw3 is the worst game of all time, and i'm waiting for bf3 for armored kill :D:D:D wich is going to be fking EPIC!!

qMTc7.jpg

GL !!

How about you actually listen to one of those videos instead? Here's another site that might help YOU.

http://www.netcomuk....e/percent1.html

He's saying that it was a 0.87% chance to spawn, and he's right. Don't a dick to somebody if you're wrong.

Edited by Dagyr

hi,

Of course a big part of the AS50, NVG, rangefinder, guillie suit and L85 are duped. Just go north of the map and you will find at least 5-6 tent cities full of duped items.

Here's what really happens:

Dupers die, respawn, run back to their camp, grab a new hight end gear, die again and so on... Moreover people who kill dupers loot their body and become a passive part of the problem.

This bug is 10+ years old, it exists since ArmA Cold War Assault then don't hold your breath it wont be fixed tomorow.

I say wipe out all tents from time to time. It doesn't solve everything but at least it limits the problem. It penalises legit players but you can't test if you have false data.

cya.

Nikiller.

Edited by Nikiller
  • Like 1

He's saying that it was a 0.87% chance to spawn.

Per person who happens to be looting at a crashed heli, it adds up with so many people playing now. Like I said, I found two in the last 24 hours, and I'm beginning to believe many/most might not be duped at all. Considering heli hunting is not hard and all.

Edited by Ulfhedjinn