Sign in to follow this  
chriscooney@gmail.com

Ghosting

I just got killed by some random idiots who have been stalking us on our server, they ghosted into our camp at an exact location, killed a couple of us then Alt F4'd.

Being that i have admin/log access, can someone please tell me what log files i need to prove this? its really getting quite silly. We already believe they have been running around with some kind of god mode... but without proving the person in question missed, its very difficult.

As it stands they are bending the rules beyond belief, i'd just like to prove whatever it is they are doing? thanks.

Edited by raw

Ghosting is allowed. You should instead put a password on your teamspeak channel or whatever you're using.

Can't help with finding the info you need in the logs though.

Ghosting is allowed. You should instead put a password on your teamspeak channel or whatever you're using.

Can't help with finding the info you need in the logs though.

Thanks for the reply but...

Ghosting to gain an advantage is allowed? I.e. changing your location on one server then connecting to the server you want to be on in desired location to shoot honest player in the back? This is absolute nonsense if so.

Ghosting to gain an advantage is allowed? I.e. changing your location on one server then connecting to the server you want to be on in desired location to shoot honest player in the back? This is absolute nonsense if so.

It is frowned apon by both the dev team and players. There is no current "rule" about it as it's un enforceable. Rocket is working on a way to enforce it through the database but it takes time to get a proper system in place to punish people who do this,

Fuck it, i will just ban him. I am sick of this lack of rules/code for players and admins crippled by threats of blacklisting.

You have my beans for the combat logging/ghosting. Should not be allowed, end of.

What's the point of having the hive if you can't switch servers to do different things?

Anytime I die on my home server I find a less popular one to get back to my corpse/base.

You have a skewed definition of ghosting. Seems to be an issue with terminology in this topic.

In gaming, ghosting is watching someone, listening to their vent/speech, other ways of gaining knowledge to give you an advantage (guy kills you, you tell your teammates where he is). This has been explicitly stated by rocket as being allowed, and is encouraged.

What you're talking about Ive heard described as "server hopping". Finding a less popular server to gain gear, or to get where you want to go, then hopping to your desired server to collect/drop-off on your camp, or be in a prime camping spot.

tl;dr: ghosting is acceptable. Server hopping is generally thought of to be frowned upon.

What's the point of having the hive if you can't switch servers to do different things?

Anytime I die on my home server I find a less popular one to get back to my corpse/base.

That's not the point of the hive.

The point of the hive is so that you can logoff after a solid session of gameplay on Server A and login to Server B and still have your stuff and be where you left off.

That's not the point of the hive.

The point of the hive is so that you can logoff after a solid session of gameplay on Server A and login to Server B and still have your stuff and be where you left off.

I only use the hive for trading and getting back to my camps without worrying about being followed.

And the true point of the hive is so all data can be easily tracked by rocket for analysis (you're lying to yourself if you say otherwise).

I only use the hive for trading and getting back to my camps without worrying about being followed.

And the true point of the hive is so all data can be easily tracked by rocket for analysis (you're lying to yourself if you say otherwise).

Your doing it wrong.

Such a pussy going on a low pop server just to move around, man up and get some balls.

Although what you do is a cheap way of moving around its nothing like as bad as people who combat log then move position on another server, those people deserve global bans.

Your doing it wrong.

Such a pussy going on a low pop server just to move around, man up and get some balls.

Although what you do is a cheap way of moving around its nothing like as bad as people who combat log then move position on another server, those people deserve global bans.

Implying I do it all the time, I just do it when I don't feel like dealing with the coast campers.

I've only died once in the last 2 weeks anyway besides a suicide earlier today I was bored and wanted a fresh start.

So I barrel rolled into zombies until I died.